Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First Cyber Monday sale: Sky High with Jet Sled™ , Castaspella™ Figure , Jitsu™ Figure.

Jitsu sold out in less than 5 minutes. Sky High sold out in 10.

Sorry man! :lol

I am totally into CM right now.

She-Ra rocks! Have you ever drawn a "sexy Teela"?

Nah it's cool.

I have come to the realisation that you don't mention the things you are proud of on Sideshow Freaks. Folk just act weird, question it or make it very obvious they are ignoring it. Which is odd given the value some place on their own opinion around here and how much they love to show off their stuff. Showing off your stuff or knowledge, sure. Showing off the work you did on something they are all buying, hell no.

I think I am getting too old for forums. As it couldn't possibly be the other thing. :D

Sucks I missed the Horde Troopers.

Yeah I missed them too. I would have loved to have gotten a set so I wouldn't feel guilty withholding my only set from the kids.

Eamon, your She-Ra art if fantastic. I must have missed it if somebody criticized it but I cannot figure out what they would have said. The only thing I would say is it might be considered a little too "sexy" for my wife to let our 6 or 8 year olds put up in their rooms but that is only because of the skirt length and if memory serves her's was short in the show too.

I think under 30 seconds.

Wow. Ridiculous. Maybe I am hallucinating, but I swear I can remember watching an interview with Scott (I think it may have been one of those SDCC walkthrough videos he does with Pixel Dan) where he said something to the effect of "Don't worry. We made plenty of these. We know there will be a lot of demand for these." I'm paraphrasing, but that was basically what was said. Flash forward to October 2013 and they sell out in less than 7 minutes. And now, what I assume must have been left over customer service stock, sells out in less than 1 minute.

Wow. Ridiculous. Maybe I am hallucinating, but I swear I can remember watching an interview with Scott (I think it may have been one of those SDCC walkthrough videos he does with Pixel Dan) where he said something to the effect of "Don't worry. We made plenty of these. We know there will be a lot of demand for these." I'm paraphrasing, but that was basically what was said. Flash forward to October 2013 and they sell out in less than 7 minutes. And now, what I assume must have been left over customer service stock, sells out in less than 1 minute.

Obviously, they underestimated. :rotfl. I think they probably produced a couple thousand more than normal, but obviously not enough to meet demand. Maybe there'll be a single carded version at some point.

Nah it's cool.

I have come to the realisation that you don't mention the things you are proud of on Sideshow Freaks. Folk just act weird, question it or make it very obvious they are ignoring it. Which is odd given the value some place on their own opinion around here and how much they love to show off their stuff. Showing off your stuff or knowledge, sure. Showing off the work you did on something they are all buying, hell no.

I think I am getting too old for forums. As it couldn't possibly be the other thing. :D

Aw, that sucks, man... I honestly didn't even see your post! Not sure why... I guess I just kind of scan though, probably miss a lot of things. I feel ya though, man. I just started doing a little webcomic and usually post the strips on Facebook, and it's a little discouraging how few of my friends comment or even "like" them! Like, how much effort does THAT take!

Of course your She Ra is superb... How big did you draw it originally to match life-sixze?

Wow, seriously guys, too man compliments on my She-Ra art there. Stop it or I will get an even bigger head.

Such a warm and friendly place this is. :lol

Eamon your art is awesome, I'm pretty sure I commented on it when it was shown at SDCC? You should definitely be doing regular comic book work be it covers or a monthly title. She-Ra looks amazing! But I barely post, I'm usually just here reading posts? So maybe I'm not a normal freak:)

Aw, that sucks, man... I honestly didn't even see your post! Not sure why... I guess I just kind of scan though, probably miss a lot of things. I feel ya though, man. I just started doing a little webcomic and usually post the strips on Facebook, and it's a little discouraging how few of my friends comment or even "like" them! Like, how much effort does THAT take!

Oh I hear that dude. I got about 900 'friends' on facebook. I rarely get over 90 likes on anything I create....especially on my graphic novel. You accept people as you think you have a wider reach but more often then not folks friend you for other reasons...which I have yet to figure out.

Of course your She Ra is superb... How big did you draw it originally to match life-sixze?
It was over a gig is size. so pretty big. I did it did it half size at 300dpi....I think.

This is fantastically well done! The details are amazing and I love seeing the sketches and the final standee

Glad you like it. :)

Eamon your art is awesome, I'm pretty sure I commented on it when it was shown at SDCC? You should definitely be doing regular comic book work be it covers or a monthly title. She-Ra looks amazing! But I barely post, I'm usually just here reading posts? So maybe I'm not a normal freak:)

Nah dude! :)
I am referring to those more prominent board members who make it very obvious they don't like dishing out compliments in any way and only seem want have pissing contests on what they know or be in love with their own opinion. This isn't just here on this particular thread or in regards to me personally. It rife around Sideshowfreaks. The dickishness you see from other toy collectors is depressing man. Perhaps I am just getting older but to me forums should be fun and friendly, especially ones about toys in my opinion and we have not had fun on here in a long time.

My Giant He-man shipped today, did anyone else get there's yet, is this an old or new release? Sorry I'm a MOTU newb:monkey3

Back