Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am referring to those more prominent board members who make it very obvious they don't like dishing out compliments in any way and only seem want have pissing contests on what they know or be in love with their own opinion. This isn't just here on this particular thread or in regards to me personally. It rife around Sideshowfreaks. The dickishness you see from other toy collectors is depressing man. Perhaps I am just getting older but to me forums should be fun and friendly, especially ones about toys in my opinion and we have not had fun on here in a long time.

Eamon,I don't think you really need to hear compliments from others here or anywhere else to prove your are an amazing Artist who has great abilities to draw and color...your She-ra is beautiful looking,but remember its She-ra...if it was Fisto or somebody else,I would of said "awesome Eamon"...we have seen your other She-ra art too.As someone who sometimes likes to draw myself .I wish I had the talent you had to draw the things in the details like you do.

this is the best I can do as a person who likes to draw every so often

100_6273.JPG100_6299.JPG100_6394.JPG100_6398.JPG100_6406.JPG

I think it was only in October I got my He-Man and then just recently Skeletor and they were both just out.

Thanks man, I plan to pick up Skeletor after x-mas, those two should be a great represention of MOTU for me, so glad they finally made these in 12" scale, they should have great display value at that size:)

Eamon,I don't think you really need to hear compliments from others here or anywhere else to prove your are an amazing Artist who has great abilities to draw and color...your She-ra is beautiful looking,but remember its She-ra...if it was Fisto or somebody else,I would of said "awesome Eamon"...we have seen your other She-ra art too.As someone who sometimes likes to draw myself .I wish I had the talent you had to draw the things in the details like you do.

So if it was Fisto, folks would be patting me on the back but becuse it's 'only She-Ra' they won't bother saying anything.

Do you not understand how that even sounds?
If you think I am posting my MOTU art only for folks to tell me how awesome I am, then you are kinda missing the point about community and coolness.

As for your GI Joe art, I think it's fun and has it's place. Get yourself Manga Studio, put fat inks on that and it will rock. You'll love it. :)

So if it was Fisto, folks would be patting me on the back but becuse it's 'only She-Ra' they won't bother saying anything.

Do you not understand how that even sounds?
If you think I am posting my MOTU art only for folks to tell me how awesome I am, then you are kinda missing the point about community and coolness.

As for your GI Joe art, I think it's fun and has it's place. Get yourself Manga Studio, put fat inks on that and it will rock. You'll love it. :)

I have already complimented you before though..how many times should I pat you on the back??? :) and yes,for me,certain characters get higher praise...it doesn't change your amazing talent to do what you do

yeah,I just use a pen and colored pencils to draw lol

I have already complimented you before though..how many times should I pat you on the back??? :) and yes,for me,certain characters get higher praise...it doesn't change your amazing talent to do what you do

It's very hard to say all this stuff without it sounding like I am fishing for compliments. I am not. When visiting a forum, you and most folks expect to get a reply or some sort of awknowlegment to a statement you have made on a forum. That's the nature of a forum. You go there to interact with others who you feel are in some way like minded.

I've been on these boards for quite a few years now and it seems lately unless it benefits them directly, folks don't care about anything else.

And yes dude, each new piece of art, if it's good, deserves some awknowledgement from your fellow board members. I personally don't just like just one of Emiliano's drawings, or just one pic of The Fwoosh's collection and then don't ever bother to say anything about anything ever again becuase I have said it once already and once is all they will get from my type attitude.

That's just my opinion.

It's very hard to say all this stuff without it sounding like I am fishing for compliments. I am not. When visiting a forum, you and most folks expect to get a reply or some sort of awknowlegment to a statement you have made on a forum. That's the nature of a forum. You go there to interact with others who you feel are in some way like minded.

To be honest I normally do not bother posting if it just seems like I am echoing or not adding something new to the conversation. Every once in a while I will echo or give feedback if it was asked for but I tend to just read. If you take Spooktacular and selling threads out of my post count it probably isn't high at all.

For example I have been in the MOTU Classics line since SDCC KG and I have probably only posted in this thread a dozen times.

I agree with Eamon, Teemu - your art is actually pretty cool, in a weird indy kind of a way. Plus, I love that it's GI Joe.

Is Manga Studio the way to go? I use Sketchbook Pro and LOVE it... tried Manga Studio, not as user friendly (for me at least).

Eamon, I just sent you a friend request on Facebook - I'm really interested in seeing updates of this graphic novel you speak of! I'm Dylan, by the way, since you probably won't recognize me, lol.

Eamon!
I finally got a hold of the pic a friend of mine took of my wife and I during ComicCon!

10717584_266311206912070_1909433372_n.jpg

We loved it!
I always like when you post art on FB, I actually just started playing around with Manga Studio myself... lots to learn as I've never used a drawing tablet before,
here's my first drawing on it:

10526078_10203969909745097_7465980595191179210_n.jpg

View attachment 149394View attachment 149395View attachment 149396View attachment 149397View attachment 149398

I like your GI Joe drawings :D.

To be honest I normally do not bother posting if it just seems like I am echoing or not adding something new to the conversation. Every once in a while I will echo or give feedback if it was asked for but I tend to just read. If you take Spooktacular and selling threads out of my post count it probably isn't high at all.
For example I have been in the MOTU Classics line since SDCC KG and I have probably only posted in this thread a dozen times.

You are a wiser man than I. I get sucked in all to easily. :D

I agree with Eamon, Teemu - your art is actually pretty cool, in a weird indy kind of a way. Plus, I love that it's GI Joe.
Is Manga Studio the way to go? I use Sketchbook Pro and LOVE it... tried Manga Studio, not as user friendly (for me at least).
Eamon, I just sent you a friend request on Facebook - I'm really interested in seeing updates of this graphic novel you speak of! I'm Dylan, by the way, since you probably won't recognize me, lol.

There are plenty youtube tutorial for photoshop and manga studio. I flipped over to MS about a year ago and I love it.

I accepted your friend request (yours had lovely skyshot of snow and dogs right?), I have a seperate facebook page for my graphic novel/movie pitch.

Eamon!
I finally got a hold of the pic a friend of mine took of my wife and I during ComicCon!

10717584_266311206912070_1909433372_n.jpg

We loved it!
I always like when you post art on FB, I actually just started playing around with Manga Studio myself... lots to learn as I've never used a drawing tablet before,
here's my first drawing on it:

10526078_10203969909745097_7465980595191179210_n.jpg

That's a great photo man, thanks! :) Can I use add it to my Behance project?

You are off to great start there with Manga studio. I think you will grow to really like it. :)

There are plenty youtube tutorial for photoshop and manga studio. I flipped over to MS about a year ago and I love it.

I accepted your friend request (yours had lovely skyshot of snow and dogs right?), I have a seperate facebook page for my graphic novel/movie pitch.

Yeah, that's me. We took that up in northern Sweden a few years back, when we went dogsledding. Good times!

I'll check out some of those tutorials when I get a chance. Seems like the way to go for comics, from what I've heard...

I liked your Yoda sketch as well, Kuzeh!

I hope people buy the Battle Ram so we can at least get one more vehicle next year...(I really want Landshark) though rumor has it Talon fighter is next

Back