Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, the $40 these things cost per figure these days (after shipping and tax) kills me. I always forget until the time comes to pay.

I believe 2015 is going to be tough to be had considering the price increase for the figures,and now shipping costs...the rates just keep going up..I just can't keep doing the Sub anymore and buying figures I don't really want,so I am going back to like it was in the beginning and will pick/choose and buy day of sale

For me it's always just two or three figures a year so cost almost doesn't matter. Still though these cost way too damn much.

For me it's always just two or three figures a year so cost almost doesn't matter. Still though these cost way too damn much.

definitely agree...especially when your buying figures you don't really want...this why people are dropping off the sub like flies.It's getting too expensive to be forced to buy the crap that comes with this line

The whole sub model never made any sense to me. As far as I could tell it was Mattel trying to apply the retail sales model (where they sell waves of toys to retail stores and it's up to the retail stores to re-sell them) to direct to consumer sales. It never made any sense. I find it hard to believe most of the people buying the sub were keeping all the figures. Instead they were forced to become retailers and re-sell on eBay or elsewhere.

The whole sub model never made any sense to me. As far as I could tell it was Mattel trying to apply the retail sales model (where they sell waves of toys to retail stores and it's up to the retail stores to re-sell them) to direct to consumer sales. It never made any sense. I find it hard to believe most of the people buying the sub were keeping all the figures. Instead they were forced to become retailers and re-sell on eBay or elsewhere.

which is almost impossible to sell without taking a loss on most of them,ESPECIALLY POP and New Adventures...Sure,there is a group of fans that want everything,but these "factions" do not sell well on the after market unless it's made RARE like Shadow Weaver.The POP fans and NA are usually Sub holders,so it's harder to re-sell the less desirables like these and even at loss sometimes.

But when it comes to Vintage MOTU...they hold their value and actually go up in value because the DEMAND is actually there for them because they are MORE popular.Don't believe the He-Man.org hype that POP and NA factions are just as in-demand and just as popular as the rock that truely holds this line together..MOTU Vintage

Well they don't use FedEx ever so unless UPS and USPS also follow suit they have no basis for price changes. Though that has never stopped them before.

Actually reading that it's not neccesarilly a price increase, it could result in price decreases for large light items.

Staff of Avion is pretty cool!
4ygudy4y.jpg

Wow yeah that is pretty cool. I don't have any need for it but I love the look of it. All the transparent plastic looks nice.

Well they don't use FedEx ever so unless UPS and USPS also follow suit they have no basis for price changes. Though that has never stopped them before.

Actually reading that it's not neccesarilly a price increase, it could result in price decreases for large light items.

Yes they do use Fed-ex...they just started this year...all my figures are shipped Fed-ex..Matty stopped using UPS....the article says that UPS is following suite,USPS prices are also doing the same and have been for a while

It is a price increase because now they are not only basing it on weight,but now the size of the box...

single figures each month in the sub will cost $27 plus + $12-15....

Well UPS has been charging me based on dimensional weight for quite a few years already. For example a statue that I ship that weighs 15 pounds gets kicked up to 35-40 pounds based on the dimensional weight.

If you guys are happy paying $42-45 a figure for characters like Mara,Huntara,and any other POP figure next year,along with other undesirables,go for it

I'll buy my Ninjor and Dragstor and call it a day.....at this point,the ONLY way 2015 Sub happens is if Mattel pushes it through themselves...as I said before,the biggest factor is ALL 1982-1985 characters against this line (along with all Key 86' characters) are done

Yup. That's how the shipping industry works. If you shipped an item that weighed 15lbs, but then took up 1/2 of the room in the truck, then they'd be losing tons of space and customers..

Back