Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love him. I absolutely love everything about him...

BUT... yeah, the hood's not great. I'm hoping it can be fixed with a boil-and-squish. But he's so freaking cool otherwise. A proper wizardy looking guy. Looks a bit like Merlin and also quite a bit like Eric Treadaway. LOL. Love the staff, too.

He doesn't look bad,but he doesn't feel MOTU to me...the 80's protoype was boring and in way so is this...He'll get thrown in my loose collection,but my second is for sale

I wish his colors weren't so muted.

View attachment 110597

I think that's just the pic...

I see they're still doing the gravity defying Shazam style hood.

shaz1.jpg

I don't mind it actually... I might display him without it anyways!

I care not for Double Trouble. She will be lucky if she makes it into my collection.

As a straight male and pinup artist, I don't think I have ever been so unimpressed as I am with these female figures. These badly need some glam to make them more interesting.
The only actual beatiful POP figures so far have been Adora, Glimmer and maybe Castspella. They should all be super glamorous warrior women in my opinion.

I actually think all POP should have a different buck to the MOTU females. ie. longer legs and slimmer arms.

I like Catra's face quite a bit. Evil-Lyn as well, especially the "Battleground" variant.

I care not for Double Trouble. She will be lucky if she makes it into my collection.

As a straight male and pinup artist, I don't think I have ever been so unimpressed as I am with these female figures. These badly need some glam to make them more interesting.
The only actual beatiful POP figures so far have been Adora, Glimmer and maybe Castspella. They should all be super glamorous warrior women in my opinion.

I actually think all POP should have a different buck to the MOTU females. ie. longer legs and slimmer arms.

Evil lynn was a good one too. But yea, she looks like she caught the derp, hard. shame too, shouldn't have been hard to make her face NOT terrible.

instead of Giving us Double Trouble, or Double mischief, they Gave us Double Chin.

I prefer the unpainted faces to be honest. The fully painted ones tend to look a bit gloopy.

I love everything about Double Trouble but that damn face/choker. Ugh. The cape is cool, and the colors are a nice change of pace. I really like the flared collar. But why they didn't just give us two heads if they had to compromise the sculpt that much I'll never understand.

are you saying you must be or are GAY if someone collect POP figures? :lol

though I do find it very strange the MOTU male gaylord community go ga-ga over POP/female figures...you would think it would be the other way around

No Teemu!
I am saying that given my sexual orientation and my job, I would like these female figures to appeal to me ie. be sexy and strong. If you look at vintage POP box art the girls were very well drawn, like the artist had a background in fashion illustration. This sensibility seems to be gone now. I would like my female figures to be more sexy as it is they are all rather chunky looking right now.

You will probably find that once folks in your part of the world catch up and accept that some people are gay, that they can be and are as weird in what they like as the rest of us. ;)

Back