Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much but you have to be good with a blade to do it. Gluing it down was probably the hardest part for me. I was real worried I'd end up getting glue where I didn't want it or sticking the armor down off center or something. I have a lot of experience though with a hobby knife.

Thanks, much happier with him now. He was a figure that I was excited for and then disappointed by. I came to kind of like him in a begrudging way especially if posed right. Now he looks good from any angle. I kinda wish I had more figures with this sort of ugly ill-fitting armor so I could fix other figures. The only other guys I have are the Horde Troopers and this won't really work on them. They'd also be hell to replace unlike Mosquitor.

Wow, dedguy, your Mosquitor really looks great! Nice job.

Kind of wish I was brave enough to mod my figures like that... I just have this thing about permanently altering them. Can't argue that yours doesn't look better, though!

Totally understandable. I wouldn't have done it if I didn't know I could get another fairly cheap on eBay. Then again I did also completely disassemble and heavily mod, including completely repainting all the armor, two HT Predators.

The Mosquitor does look very cool! That one didn't bother me much, for whatever reason. I have seen pics of the fixed Hydron, though, and was really impressed there.

Quick kitbash time. I saw this Undertaker figure at Target today. Now, I'm not a wrestling guy. But I thought his coat was awesome, and was perfect for a figure I'd been wanting to bash together of the Unnamed One's thug:

10306257_10103673339564880_8656265244636906414_n.jpg10351580_10103673339764480_2619322290367805533_n.jpg10365987_10103673339929150_5920898127089004467_n.jpg

Man, I am sorely tempted to do something similar with the Horde Troopers as I did with Mosquitor.

Yeah that's the problem. With Mosquitor it was very easy. With them though not so much. What I did in the interim is stick some padding up the back of their armor which makes the front fit tighter and the whole thing ride higher. I think it does improve the appearance.

Has anyone taken Buzz Off's wings and painted them with translucent red paint? I'm wondering if that would even work or if them being cast in yellow would just result in brown wings… although that might work too.

I know Batros isn't technically Horde but I like to think of Batros and Mosquitor as two sides of the same coin. Batros is the ancient vampire of the Horde and Mosquitor is the future vampire of the Horde.

IMG_3211 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

And this is a more detailed guide to where I made the cuts on Mosquitor.

IMG_3214 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Thanks for the detailed tips dedguy. Just modded mine and it looks so much better now :) I've never really made a major modification to a figure before but was going to take Mosquitor off the shelf to make room for Octavia so I thought I might as well give it a go. Now I've got about 5 minutes to decide if I still want an Octavia to go with my Scorpia or not. Decisions, decisions :panic:

Man, the $40 these things cost per figure these days (after shipping and tax) kills me. I always forget until the time comes to pay.

Man, the $40 these things cost per figure these days (after shipping and tax) kills me. I always forget until the time comes to pay.

Yeah I caved and got Octavia as well as Scorpia and had to put down just under $80. Hopefully customs doesn't pull it or I'll be paying an extra $25 on top :pray:

Back