Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok! Here is Gorpo!!!
Spoiler Spoiler:

Personally! I think it's really cool!!!
:rock!

Not the most amazing MOTU figure ever, but a really nice addition!

I think it looks okay and would have been fairly happy if it came with another small figure or some worthwhile extras. But paying full cost for something that size, newly tooled or not, bothers me. Plus the fact that all the speculation and hyperbole attached to TUO means that a so-so release has become a major disappointment to me at least :(

I think those are the main issues with it… price and all the "hoopla" around it's release…
Had it been just shown as a regular figure and at a lower price, people wouldn't mind him so much…

It's okay. More "future He-Man/Dare" stuff, though, which I'm not crazy about... I am interested in how far that concept goes, though.

It seems to me behind the scenes, Every Big buisness or major corporation itself is quite the dirty back stabbing business as it is...you'd be surprised how much competition there is and how jealous some folks can be who are involved in it.

post edited for accuracy.

I really have no clue what Head I'll display Gorpo with. Honestly they both look awesome.

I dig the sallet/bevor style fantasy helmet on Unamed One. Makes me like him a bit more.

edit: although, I do like him… he doesn't fit in AT ALL with the Classics line. He looks more like something from Gothopolis or something.

Great pics Kuzeh. Just wondering how you have Slush Heads tentacle attached? They don't look as if they're in his backpack.

Hello everybody,
Emiliano here :)
I wanted to chime in just to address the Hasbro thing :)
Kuzeh, yours are legitimate concerns. From the outside, coming to the show now, with an uninformed eye, it may surely look like I'm on Hasbro payroll to defame Mattel.
Still, anybody familiar with my story, probably knows better :)
I was always critical to Mattel and Scott Neitlich, way before I started my freelance collaboration with Hasbro.
Bust most of all, who knows me also know that my passion and dedication to Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power has not match in any other brand.
I like Transformers a lot, but on a scale from 0 to 10, TF is 6, MOTU is 15 for me. I just live and breath MOTU. My commitment to The Power and The Honor Foundation is the better proof I have.

I'd be very stupid if I'd voluntary try to damage MOTU by defending Hasbro. Hasbro doesn't give a crap about any of that. They only care about the quality of my work.
We can surely call it bias, but the simple facts are that I'm not that personally invested in Transformers and most importantly Hasbro, as a company, has been treating me better. They value my work and my skills. That to me is very important, and comes before the money.
Do you know how I got the job with Hasbro? I showed them my portfolio of MOTU designs, some done for fun, some done for the Four Horsemen :D

I think one could still say that I'm trying to make Hasbro look better then Mattel in spite of them. Well, the thing is, they have been better.
All I can say is, when I have free time, I don't draw Transformers for myself, I draw MOTU characters ;)

Hello everybody,
Emiliano here :)
I wanted to chime in just to address the Hasbro thing :)
Kuzeh, yours are legitimate concerns. From the outside, coming to the show now, with an uninformed eye, it may surely look like I'm on Hasbro payroll to defame Mattel.
Still, anybody familiar with my story, probably knows better :)
I was always critical to Mattel and Scott Neitlich, way before I started my freelance collaboration with Hasbro.
Bust most of all, who knows me also know that my passion and dedication to Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power has not match in any other brand.
I like Transformers a lot, but on a scale from 0 to 10, TF is 6, MOTU is 15 for me. I just live and breath MOTU. My commitment to The Power and The Honor Foundation is the better proof I have.

I'd be very stupid if I'd voluntary try to damage MOTU by defending Hasbro. Hasbro doesn't give a crap about any of that. They only care about the quality of my work.
We can surely call it bias, but the simple facts are that I'm not that personally invested in Transformers and most importantly Hasbro, as a company, has been treating me better. They value my work and my skills. That to me is very important, and comes before the money.
Do you know how I got the job with Hasbro? I showed them my portfolio of MOTU designs, some done for fun, some done for the Four Horsemen :D

I think one could still say that I'm trying to make Hasbro look better then Mattel in spite of them. Well, the thing is, they have been better.
All I can say is, when I have free time, I don't draw Transformers for myself, I draw MOTU characters ;)

Hi Emiliano,
Great to see you here, as I was trying to explain, I honestly don't care that much about the drama, but I was trying to explain how things look from the outside. As I mentioned above, I love your work, and the times I've had to interact with you have been awesome!
Just stating that I personally thing He-Man as a franchise is bigger than any of us, bigger than He-Man.org and bigger than ToyGuru, and that I honestly think all these should've been kept in private.
Now, since you've made your side of the story public, it unfortunately turned into a circus and a "what team are you" kind of thing, and I personally don't think it's fair for the fans. But it is what it is…
Also, the whole Hasbro thing, as I said also, it's one way it makes you look… I've never doubted about your talents and passion for MOTU, I love it in fact! I am fortunate to have some prints of yours, and I've met you at PowerCon and ComicCon, and even from Wizard World Chicago when you guys were still publishing the Comic. It's obvious you've had a better experience working with Hasbro, but what I was saying is that all big corporations are just as nasty and greedy as Mattel, lots of Transformers fans hate what Hasbro does for the franchise, just as much as some fans hate what they've done with MOTU…

I know Eamon is much more informed than most of us and he was upset about my comments, which was not my intention… mine is just my personal view and honestly, as valid as anyone else with what I know… I am not new to the show, I know a few stories, but I am sure you and Eamon are more informed. And since I do not know Scott's or Val's side of the story, well, you have to understand we as fans cannot be completely objective… or follow blindly one view.

In any case, for me this is not my concern, as I said, MOTU is bigger than any individual… even the creators of MOTU, and even Mattel.
So, I really hope things get sorted out, and good luck in all your endeavors!

:duff! :peace

PS. I still have a 200x Randor sketch you did for us back in Chicago, my wife loves it!

Back