Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its a really good thread around con time but mostly less helpful than others I frequent.

Welcome Emiliano, I missed 200X and the first couple of years of the classics line so I'm a bit out of the loop with regards to your work. I really enjoyed that epilogue comic you did in 98 tho, only read it for the first time last week!

Well it looks like Teemu was right, for me at least. I've just been received my confirmation email for the quarterly sub and they've only charged and shipped for one figure. FFS :mad:

Hope this drama doesn't turn nasty. It's a good thread but volatile at the best of times

:lol!!
This was nothing, there's been much, much worse in here, but not as bad as most threads here!
Considering this is one of the longest, largest threads in the Forums, it's pretty mild and easy going… mostly… :lol

I think its a really good thread around con time but mostly less helpful than others I frequent.

Welcome Emiliano, I missed 200X and the first couple of years of the classics line so I'm a bit out of the loop with regards to your work. I really enjoyed that epilogue comic you did in 98 tho, only read it for the first time last week!

Well it looks like Teemu was right, for me at least. I've just been received my confirmation email for the quarterly sub and they've only charged and shipped for one figure. FFS :mad:

That sucks man! It's not surprising though… DR is a clusterfawk, I was tempted about getting the Qrtrly sub, but decided not to for fear of them screwing it up…
:slap:

We are going to get Skeleteen ain't we? Oh dear sweet baby jesus! Please no. Just no!

Well if the comic book that comes with the Unwanted One gives any indication...we'll be seeing DARE,Lady Slither,and some CAC characters like Major Header (who I definitely want) among other "NEW" type figures

I don't think they'll be enough interest though to push a 2016 Sub using Toyguru's theme "Son of He-Man"...as that is the plan for '16

uuuuuuuuuuhhhh.jpg

Last edited:
It would be cool if some of those designs got made. I dig the eyeball dude and the plasma dude.

Well if the comic book that comes with the Unwanted One gives any indication...we'll be seeing DARE,Lady Slither,and some CAC characters like Major Header (who I definitely want) among other "NEW" type figures

I don't think they'll be enough interest though to push a 2016 Sub using Toyguru's theme "Son of He-Man"...as that is the plan for '16

View attachment 99044

Who's the oven mitt chick? :)

Looks VERY silver age DC, to me... Not in a good way, either. I agree with you that I don't see people subbing to get this crap... What I do wonder, though, is if this will be the next MOTU incarnation... Perhaps at retail, with a cartoon and everything? It's about time, I think... 200X was a long time ago.

If such a thing does happen, and it's GOOD, I could see these silly designs growing on me. But on their own, as part of Classics? No thanks.

Who's the oven mitt chick? :)

Looks VERY silver age DC, to me... Not in a good way, either. I agree with you that I don't see people subbing to get this crap... What I do wonder, though, is if this will be the next MOTU incarnation... Perhaps at retail, with a cartoon and everything? It's about time, I think... 200X was a long time ago.

If such a thing does happen, and it's GOOD, I could see these silly designs growing on me. But on their own, as part of Classics? No thanks.

That's "Netta" and was a finalist in the original design contest. The only ones I'd really consider worthy of a figure treatment would be the new finalists, especially the Major Header guy.

None of those characters aside from Bubblor and the body dude excite me. Those characters on the left look utterly stupid and childish. They didn't win these competitions for a reason but I guess this is better than commissioning new designs from actual toy designers.

The eye dude is the only one I like from the 80s kid designs. I think it's a rather classic design but that could be because the oldest thing I have that I wrote is from when I was in 2nd grade and is a two page story about a small town being attacked by aliens that look exactly like that design. I also drew the eye ball aliens all over the paper since I was more interested in drawing that writing.

Though, taking a step back Optik is the same concept but a much better looking design.

I'd sooner just buy a vintage Mad Ball. What will the Eyeball dude so in battle exactly?! What's his action feature aside from being just a giant eye?

I personally feel some of these design miss the point of MOTU.

Double Header and the plasma dude who's name I forget are pretty cool. The plasma dude will be entirely down to execution though. Could easily be a mess.

Back