Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you are spot on Teemu.

Just you guys wait until the documentary Toy Masters comes out.
(poster by myself and Emiliano).

Toy%20Masters.png

Yeah, nice job Eamon. Good to know you and Emiliano are collaborating. I'm on this as soon as it comes out!

He's a freelancer who happens to have had Hasbro as a client, he's not an employee.

So? Hasbro still pays him good money… and he defends Hasbro, while lots of Transformers fans are quite unhappy with their decisions… so his view is obviously biased… :dunno

Here's the problem about backstage drama, it tends to affect what's happening onstage if it's bad enough.
I agree… but MOTU, and every other property out there has it, and we as fans don't need to know that… some WANT to know that, it's human nature to know about the bad things that happen to people backstage, there wouldn't be tabloids other-wise…

Emiliano has helped fill in the gaps about some of the strange decision-making going on with MOTUC. If the truth needs to be said, you gotta go for it. Who cares if it spoils everyone's visions of sugarplum fairies at Mattel.

It's a perfect wake up call to anyone thinking about breaking into the industry.
A wake-up call? Hahahaha… It's the corporate world… whoever doesn't think that's how it is in ANY CORPORATION is quite simply: A) Ignorant B) Not cut for the corporate world...

As a MOTU fan, how could you not want to know why one of the biggest talents to hit the brand has been pushed out? No use in pretending it has nothing to do with MOTU because it does and he has contributed far more to it than most.
Again, I love his work, and I like Emil, BUT the only reason he has been pushed is because he didn't play by Mattel's rules… it sucks, but that's what it is? What else is there to learn? :dunno
Again, THAT is the corporate world… Even if Emiliano were working actively with Mattel on MOTU, crap like that would still be happening, as it does in Hasbro, but it doesn't affect him, so he doesn't have a reason to vent about it.

As for ENJOYing it, I don't think he has much time to chuckle when he gets kicked out of the org, gets his facebook suspended, or has his ideas blatantly ripped off with no credit. Whether you agree or not, the man has paid a steep price for daring to voice his opinions on the matter. An opinion is all he really has.

Again, by his own will… You have to realize that your actions have consequences, either good or bad…
All the big corporations protect themselves… and are quite vicious… nothing new here.

Yeah it is baloney actually. You are making some seriously wild speculation there.
Perhaps, but that's how I perceive it, you obviously know a lot more than most of us, but if you read Emiliano's blog it's quite obvious more of a "sour grapes ranting diary" than actually informative… Again, I am not saying Mattel hasn't done pretty pathetic things, but as I mentioned above, Emiliano chose his own path…

For some one who claims to care little you seem to know enough to out the person for airing it rather than what is actually being aired.
What is being aired? Emiliano doesn't like TG, TG doesn't like Emiliano, Mattel is a corporate entity and TG acts as an employee of such entity. Emiliano wants things his way, TG too, and both aren't in the same channel.Those are the facts as they are portrayed to us by Emiliano, since we DON'T have access to ALL the information. Everything else is just opinions...

And I will also echo what Frank very appropriately said.
That's OK,
I know it's come down to either you're Team Emiliano, Team Val or Team ToyGuru…
Personally it think THAT'S what's baloney…

It seems to me behind the scenes, the Toy Industry itself is quite the dirty back stabbing business as it is...you'd be surprised how much competition there is and how jealous some folks can be who are involved in it.

It's been like that since the 80's… or even before...

I think you are spot on Teemu.

Just you guys wait until the documentary Toy Masters comes out.
(poster by myself and Emiliano).

Toy%20Masters.png

I saw the trailer for that during the first Power-Con when Emiliano was still friends with Val… and ha was having a really nice conversation with ToyGuru too… They all seemed to be getting along nicely back then…

Oh to be fair dude, I think you will have a hard time liking the cartoon. It's really really aweful. I tried watching it again recently and couldn't do it at all.
I am referring to the over all idea of He-Man chasing Skeletor across the galaxy, the continuation of the story and the toys being of interest.

I think it was an interesting new chapter just horribly handled...especially when we know that Filmation were set to be the ones to do the cartoon as apposed the pityful and truly terrible studio, Jetlag.

Jetlag? What an inspiring name, lol.

I'll probably not bother, then. I do, in fact, like the idea, but if the execution is terrible, I'll tend to ignore it... It's funny, I'm the opposite with 200X. Even though it's an obvious reboot, I kind of have this idealized "universe" in my mind that's a combination of the old minicomics, Filmation (both MOTUC and PoP), and 200X. I just loved the way they introduced and developed characters so much, I kind of "pretend" that's how it happened for the original characters, know what I mean? :)

I also liked the new characters' designs a lot, whereas the NA designs always seemed a bit bland to me.

As for all this Toy Guru vs. everyone business... meh to the whole thing. I do kind of wish Toy Guru would just go away, though.

Jetlag? What an inspiring name, lol.

That's exactly what I thought.

I'll probably not bother, then. I do, in fact, like the idea, but if the execution is terrible, I'll tend to ignore it... It's funny, I'm the opposite with 200X. Even though it's an obvious reboot, I kind of have this idealized "universe" in my mind that's a combination of the old minicomics, Filmation (both MOTUC and PoP), and 200X. I just loved the way they introduced and developed characters so much, I kind of "pretend" that's how it happened for the original characters, know what I mean? :)

Yup. I can relate. I could live without POP to be honest but it's there so may as well enjoy it.

On a completely different note.
An artist i have been raving about to do MOTU for ages, Ariel Olivetti has actually done a cover for the DC comic which is pretty sweet! :)

Looks like a crop is all thats out there at the moment:

1239651_653291664732521_1831102349_n.jpg

Eamon, somebody forgot to tell the producers of the documentary it's 2014 already. "Coming in 2012" :slap Hopefully this doesn't go the way of the MOTU movie and just be on the backburner for years and years.

Also, do you know what issue that Olivetti cover is going to be for? I may need to pick that one up just for the awesome cover art.

Ariel Olivetti is one fantastic illustrator! Love his take on MOTU!

So? Hasbro still pays him good money… and he defends Hasbro, while lots of Transformers fans are quite unhappy with their decisions… so his view is obviously biased… :dunno

Between the two it's no question; MOTU means alot more to Emiliano than TF. The one misstep he took with Mattel/Scott was giving them too much of his own input early on, thinking that he was building a working professional relationship with them. What's particularly galling in his case is that he was marginalized because the ideas were so good.

I agree… but MOTU, and every other property out there has it, and we as fans don't need to know that… some WANT to know that, it's human nature to know about the bad things that happen to people backstage, there wouldn't be tabloids other-wise…

A wake-up call? Hahahaha… It's the corporate world… whoever doesn't think that's how it is in ANY CORPORATION is quite simply: A) Ignorant B) Not cut for the corporate world...

Well if we all know it already, Emiliano has zero impact. I'm sure the fans can be called upon to use their own judgement regarding these issues and I certainly wouldn't attempt to keep them from information that directly affects the brand they support. At least this fan who's spent waaay too much money on this property lol.

Fans can also choose not to read what Emiliano has to say if they feel it is more important to think that everything is more or less copecetic.

There are consequences all around. Had TG decided to be more inclusive in his dealings with Emiliano, I actually might have some brand loyalty to Mattel moving forward. As it is, there ain't none. The org has taken a hit too, undeniably due to how Emiliano's case was handled. Bros before schmoes.

The point is, you give credit where credit is due and you figure out a way to keep good talent. If TG/Mattel really had an eye for that outside the 4H, they would have increased Emiliano's role not diminish it. They don't have to be galactic Bob Kane-sized douchebags in order to see that what Mattel has done here isn't right. The least we can do is let him vent on his own blog. The last few posts from him were dedicated to MOTU artwork, so it's clearly not the only thing he does on there.

I saw the trailer for that during the first Power-Con when Emiliano was still friends with Val… and ha was having a really nice conversation with ToyGuru too… They all seemed to be getting along nicely back then…

What's more important, the appearance or the reality?

The one thing that always kinda bugs me is how much one person (TG) is so often used as what I see as a scapegoat for what are the actions of a company as a whole. I've said it before but if you go looking at how Mattel has handled Barbie and the Barbie adult fanbase in particular you'll see a lot of very similar stuff going on there and I'm pretty sure Scott had nothing to do with Barbie.

It's not Scott specifically that's to blame as far as I can tell, that's just the general way Mattel works.

OK, I'll just let things be, it's not my problem and I don't want to get into arguments with folks here over something I do not have the complete story...
:peace

In any case, I just got my figures today! And personally UNO is pretty awesome! And I love Hydron, most NA figures (except for Karatti) have been awesome in my book! And this guy is no exception!! I'll post some pics tomorrow!

Well, my first shipment for the quarterly sub shipped.

NOT happy it's DHL... probably going to get killed with customs now, negating any potential savings. :(

I'm on the quarterly sub and I was wondering how much should I be charged this month? I assume it's for 3 figures (Jan-Feb-Mar)?

OK, I'll just let things be, it's not my problem and I don't want to get into arguments with folks here over something I do not have the complete story...

Well it's a bit late to be saying that isn't it. You have said a tonne of stupid speculative stuff now already and some of it is actually insulting to me.
**** sick of folks like you saying they don't care or like a thing and yet cannot shut up about it and seem to have loads of unsubstanciated wild opinion on it.

Last edited:
Cool pics!!…
Even the POP team looks nice! :lol

Well it's a bit late to be saying that isn't it. You have said a tonne of stupid speculative stuff now already and some of it is actually insulting to me.
**** sick of folks like you saying they don't care or like a thing and yet cannot shut up about it and seem to have loads of unsubstanciated wild opinion on it.

Let's take this to PM shall we?

Dude all I want you to do it to remove that irritating as hell signature of yours. It's one of the best scenes from the movie. Seeing it every flippen day like that and it reduced to a signature just wrong in my opinion and ruins a great scene.

Back