Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If thats the case,then why do Atheists celebrate Christmas?

That's why I said, "the definition to the world today in a religious sense." If you really need it spelled out as to why atheists celebrate the commercialization of Christmas then I can't help you within the context of this thread.

Back to He-Man.

Sorry,I didn't hear Orko say 'Jesus Christ' on the special...so the reference could be anything to anyone interpreting it how they see fit to their own needs

Really?! I never heard any other story of 3 Wisemen following the star until they found Bethlehem (quoted straight from the Christmas Special).

It would be like telling a story of how a baby was found in a spacecraft from the planet Krypton but never mentioning the name Kal-El. Most people would know the story and not misinterpret it to fit their own needs.

But now, back to He-Man! :wink1:

Well, after reading all these comments I'd say the alien agenda being pushed by Hollywood is quite successful.

I understand the feeling that anything "not from here" should be classified as "alien", but in He-Man's case I don't agree since it's not like they were visiting Earth and dropping by so how could they be "aliens" on their own world? They weren't.......and had they been visiting Earth before the 20th century it's a pretty easy conclusion that they would have most likely been viewed as "gods" rather than aliens.

Paganism is older than Christianity...
Just sayin' :monkey3

Of course it is. The Christian faith grew out of Judaism. The early Church consisted of Jews who followed Christ as the messiah. How old a religion is doesn't make it any more right or wrong.

Eamon, don't bother...
Teemu is trying to push his religious agenda here...
Everything that has super-powers is a "False God" or "Satan" to him...
Everything Hollywood makes is part of the "indoctrination" of the masses...:horror

The devil is a scapegoat we use so we don't feel so bad when we do horribly ugly things to other people. The whole idea that He-Man is a god is laughable. What is even more laughable is that somehow if He-Man was written a god, that would be a bad thing.

The devil is a scapegoat we use so we don't feel so bad when we do horribly ugly things to other people. The whole idea that He-Man is a god is laughable. What is even more laughable is that somehow if He-Man was written a god, that would be a bad thing.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Well, after reading all these comments I'd say the alien agenda being pushed by Hollywood is quite successful.

I understand the feeling that anything "not from here" should be classified as "alien", but in He-Man's case I don't agree since it's not like they were visiting Earth and dropping by so how could they be "aliens" on their own world? They weren't.......and had they been visiting Earth before the 20th century it's a pretty easy conclusion that they would have most likely been viewed as "gods" rather than aliens.

yep!.... :exactly:

I thought the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was a book called the bible.

Coming from someone with "666" in their user name that's amusing. Evil is all "cool" right? The Bible is God's Holy Word and it's a shame to see people mock it for fun.

I'm gonna go ahead and leave this thread behind. I stated what I believe and I'll leave it at that.

This thread is about Masters of the Universe Classics. Can't you guys talk religion in the appropriate thread? Can't be that hard. :rolleyes2

Is anyone still waiting for their Kobra Khan? I'm a subscriber and I still haven't gotten him yet.

This thread is about Masters of the Universe Classics. Can't you guys talk religion in the appropriate thread? Can't be that hard. :rolleyes2

Is anyone still waiting for their Kobra Khan? I'm a subscriber and I still haven't gotten him yet.

Haven't gotten a shipping confirmation yet of Khan either. Seems to be one issue after another every month.

Haven't gotten a shipping confirmation yet of Khan either. Seems to be one issue after another every month.

I've heard there is a split shipment, so if you haven't gotten a shipping notice yet, yours will probably be from the second batch.

Coming from someone with "666" in their user name that's amusing. Evil is all "cool" right? The Bible is God's Holy Word and it's a shame to see people mock it for fun.

I'm gonna go ahead and leave this thread behind. I stated what I believe and I'll leave it at that.

It would be 616 if we wanted to go for biblical accuracy. Mistranslations are fun :D

Funny story about my screen name, since you brought it up. I'm 14, and on my big villain kick. Aol is my current web connection. Making a screen name, I decide to name myself after the big bad in the Mercedes lackey fantasy novels at the time. Anyways, aol comes back and says my screen name is taken, and makes several suggestions by adding numbers to the end of it. First one on the list was lerath666. I laughed really hard, and figured why not. I've just kinda stuck with it ever since.

I always took MOTU as pure fantasy but when someone does bring up these topics it's interesting (to me) to look at it from another angle after 30 years. I did always wonder what "master of the universe" actually meant since they mostly just hang out on Eternia and punch each other.

Exactly. PURE FANTASY, people. I really, really doubt the original creators of MOTU put much thought into gods and what not, and there certainly wasn't any kind of "agenda" (to what purpose, for f's sake???).

They just took cool elements from various mythologies - including Christianity - as well as science fiction, other fantasies, etc. Whatever they thought was cool, that's all it is.

How is it the other way around? I am going on what is actually is out there and what has been said who what He-Man is.

You are just making stuff up, coming to your own conclusion and telling us it's fact.

Quoted for truth! (The part I deleted as well. ;) )

I'm actually enjoying the back-and-forth discussion about He-Man as a "god".

I'm actually finding it pretty stupid.

What people are really arguing is the definition of a god. He-man certainly doesn't fit the bill in the Abrahamic tradition, but you might be able to make a case considering the old Greek and Roman mythologies, like Hercules, for example.

But even then, mortals and demi-gods had to be deified after their death to become "gods". They weren't gods while on earth.

Anyway, this whole line of discussion is just nonsense anyway, all fantasy and wishful thinking. I'm sorry I asked about it in the first place!

just "Christmas" is....as in doing good and being jolly and all the yearly pagan baloney

All the good parts.

It would be 616 if we wanted to go for biblical accuracy. Mistranslations are fun :D

Funny story about my screen name, since you brought it up. I'm 14, and on my big villain kick. Aol is my current web connection. Making a screen name, I decide to name myself after the big bad in the Mercedes lackey fantasy novels at the time. Anyways, aol comes back and says my screen name is taken, and makes several suggestions by adding numbers to the end of it. First one on the list was lerath666. I laughed really hard, and figured why not. I've just kinda stuck with it ever since.

Heh, I love hearing uname origins. Mine comes from when I was about 16 or so and my favorite movie was "My Best Friend's A Vampire". In that movie the patriarchal vampire drives a BMW with a license plate that reads "NiteMan" iirc. I figured I could come up with a better license plate name and that's where "dedguy" comes from. I'd probably be able to even find a drawing of a license plate with that name on it somewhere. I'm 31 now, been using it ever since.

I still haven't received Kobra either. However, my tracking indicates he should be here today...

Back