Master Replica's Studio Scale Falcon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg
Here's a pic of my efx fleet! I too made a road trip to get my falcon! It made the whole experience really memorable!

Very unique display! I don't think I'd be able to gather the courage to display a Falcon like that, but it does give it a special feeling. :)

Thanks! I wanted something different. I went for the " in studio while filming" look. I kind of have a green screen behind them too! ;) The falcon stand is super sturdy, its a speaker stand. But yeah, I was nervous when i first set it up too!

Whoa! I Like it!

How much does the Falcon itself weigh? Anyone know?

Thinking off-stand may make it more feasible to display. ^_^

View attachment 129832
Here's a pic of my efx fleet! I too made a road trip to get my falcon! It made the whole experience really memorable!

HOLY COW!!!

You're more game than me! Looks great.

The Falcon is definitely the centerpiece to any collection.

Here's mine (with a new edition - anyone guess what it is?)

P1010012a_zps59efa8ca.jpg

Recently, I've been looking to get a few Star Wars ships for my collection. I've always wanted to get some nice, accurate versions of the Falcon, an X-Wing and a Tie Fighter, but I'm really quite the novice when it comes to this.

I assume that Master Replicas is the epitome for this, but are there pieces from other companies that are also quite good? Are there companies currently producing stuff for today's market?

Yes, Master Replicas is the best falcon to date. Also, the largest by a long shot. Used the original screen used prop to make theirs. Studio Scale replica with lights and a huge base; it's pretty awesome. They also made a studio scale Y-Wing and a 3/4 studio scale snowspeeder.

There is Fine Molds falcon model which is very nice and very detailed. There is a version that was actually built by Fine Molds. It is a lot smaller (about 15 inches long), but has great detail. No lighting. Originally sold for like $500. You can buy just the model kit for reasonable prices, but it'll come in kit form and need some major work to finish.

There was a small die-cast falcon made by Code 3 Collectibles. About 12 inches long, not as accurate as the above two, but it was diecast and had removable panels so you could see interiors and engine parts. It's pretty cool as well. Retailed for about $350 when it came out. They also made Slave One, Clone Gunship, Vader's Tie Advanced, X-Wing, and an AT-ST. All with removable panels. These are all pretty affordable still on the secondary market.

Efx has a small, Fine Molds size falcon that has been in the works for years, but has never come out. In fact, we haven't heard any news on that front for years. However, Efx has a wonderful studio scale x-wing as well as tie fighter that came out relatively recently. They currently hold the studio scale license for Star Wars ships, but nothing else has come from them on that front recently.

Last edited:
Yes, Master Replicas is the best falcon to date. Also, the largest by a long shot. Used the original screen used prop to make theirs. Studio Scale replica with lights and a huge base; it's pretty awesome. They also made a studio scale Y-Wing and a 3/4 studio scale snowspeeder.

There is Fine Molds falcon model which is very nice and very detailed. There is a version that was actually built by Fine Molds. It is a lot smaller (about 15 inches long), but has great detail. No lighting. Originally sold for like $500. You can buy just the model kit for reasonable prices, but it'll come in kit form and need some major work to finish.

There was a small die-cast falcon made by Code 3 Collectibles. About 12 inches long, not as accurate as the above two, but it was diecast and had removable panels so you could see interiors and engine parts. It's pretty cool as well. Retailed for about $350 when it came out. They also made Slave One, Clone Gunship, Vader's Tie Advanced, X-Wing, and an AT-ST. All with removable panels. These are all pretty affordable still on the secondary market.

Efx has a small, Fine Molds size falcon that has been in the works for years, but has never come out. In fact, we haven't heard any news on that front for years. However, Efx has a wonderful studio scale x-wing as well as tie fighter that came out relatively recently. They currently hold the studio scale license for Star Wars ships, but nothing else has come from them on that front recently.

The eFX Falcon was shown at a convention recently.

Thanks for all the great info! I didn't know there were that many options. If I understand correctly, there is a Fine Molds kit that you have to put together and paint, but there is also one that is already assembled and painted?

Master Replicas is no longer in business, correct? Does anyone think that with the Falcon being featured in Episode 7, there may be a new and possibly improved model coming out?

Fine Molds is good too,but its wee smaller,you can try to make your own Falcon,if you have tools and skills,or you can try to convert Hasbros,or like me buy one of these if you find it.I was lucky enough to get him before it jumped in price so much.

Thanks for all the great info! I didn't know there were that many options. If I understand correctly, there is a Fine Molds kit that you have to put together and paint, but there is also one that is already assembled and painted?

Master Replicas is no longer in business, correct? Does anyone think that with the Falcon being featured in Episode 7, there may be a new and possibly improved model coming out?

There will probably be another replica falcon made but I very much doubt it will be of the same scale and quality as the MR Falcon. Back in the day the size and price made this extremely hard to sell and I could only imagine what it would cost to make these days.

Back