Master Replica's 2007 Star Wars Releases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOTRFan said:
The CE's also use different (i.e. cheaper) materials.

I had a chance to compare the CE Qui-Gon to the LE, and there really is no difference visually. The weight of the LE is a little heftier, but that is about it. The only real downside to the CE is that it doesn't come with a case (those are easy to get though). I've been collecting MR's SW LE's since the beggining, and I didn't care too much for the CE announcement last year; but, it looks like it'll be on par with the rest of MR's higher end offerings. Looking forward to seeing more...

Mini-Rock said:
I had a chance to compare the CE Qui-Gon to the LE, and there really is no difference visually. The weight of the LE is a little heftier, but that is about it. The only real downside to the CE is that it doesn't come with a case (those are easy to get though). I've been collecting MR's SW LE's since the beggining, and I didn't care too much for the CE announcement last year; but, it looks like it'll be on par with the rest of MR's higher end offerings. Looking forward to seeing more...

Thanks, I have yet to actually see one up close, but the Obi is a must-have for me. Like you said the cases are really easy to come by. :cool:

LOTRFan said:
Thanks, I have yet to actually see one up close, but the Obi is a must-have for me. Like you said the cases are really easy to come by. :cool:

Yeah, especially at that price. The aftermarket price on the Ben LE has come down quite a bit. I sold my first Ben LE last year for $1000, and I currently have a $600+ offer for my other one. Won't be too long before the aftermarket value on the LE drops even further making it more attainable for those who missed out.

The bowcaster looks great and I like the tie fighter helmet and x-wing. Unfortunately likely out of my price range. No interest in the sabers anymore, too many variations, it annoys me. MR makes quality stuff, but I have to be a lot more picky because of the prices.

Mini-Rock said:
Yeah, especially at that price. The aftermarket price on the Ben LE has come down quite a bit. I sold my first Ben LE last year for $1000, and I currently have a $600+ offer for my other one. Won't be too long before the aftermarket value on the LE drops even further making it more attainable for those who missed out.

doubt it.... This is only because the ROTS movie hype has completely died out. But next year is the anniversary, and you bet anything OT will jump in value.

i like the x-wing spudio scale idea,but why dont they put scaled pilots in the ****pit of there other ships.they dont fly themselves..would add realism i think.would they make it with landing gear down or in fly mode?ill be watching this one.

nash said:
doubt it.... This is only because the ROTS movie hype has completely died out. But next year is the anniversary, and you bet anything OT will jump in value.

Maybe, but I'll take that bet. Anything huh? Ok, how about $100?

Studio Scale X-Wing and Tie Fighter! Man I hope these are in scale with each other - figure about $600? I can stop looking for a Code 3 X-Wing now.

Those are the only things I'm interested in, although the Mara Jade looks like an interesting, if non-canon saber.

I thought Mara used Luke's lightsaber from ANH and ESB...is this one NJO or from her days as the Emperor's Hand?

:chew

Gotta have that X-wing. If I can swing it, I'll probably grab the helmet to display with it. The bowcaster ... :D ... finally, a SW weapon I can't resist.

Love the Chewie Bowcaster... I do hope they'll make the whole MR lightsaber collection in CE version as that would be the only way to get the whole set for me... I have the whole Sideshow and Gentle Giant collection... almost there to finish the Attakus... but with MR I had to choose not to continue as the replicas cost too much and couldn't afford everything... now that I hear people saying that there is no difference at first sight between the CE and LE than I do hope they'll make the entire line in CE version...even If the materials used won't be first class...

anakin1138 said:
Love the Chewie Bowcaster... I do hope they'll make the whole MR lightsaber collection in CE version as that would be the only way to get the whole set for me... I have the whole Sideshow and Gentle Giant collection... almost there to finish the Attakus... but with MR I had to choose not to continue as the replicas cost too much and couldn't afford everything... now that I hear people saying that there is no difference at first sight between the CE and LE than I do hope they'll make the entire line in CE version...even If the materials used won't be first class...

If the Qui-Gon CE were put in the LE acrylic case, there'd really be no difference; and, you can bet any previously release long sold out "limited edition" SW replica will be re-released by MR.

Mini-Rock said:
If the Qui-Gon CE were put in the LE acrylic case, there'd really be no difference; and, you can bet any previously release long sold out "limited edition" SW replica will be re-released by MR.
From what I've seen there is a difference. The sleeve on the CE version is much more dull in color than the LE.

But then again, using QuiGon's saber as a testament to how closely the CE resembles the LE is flawed logic. QuiGon's saber is as simple as they come. Let's see how something like a Mace Windu saber in CE form would compare to the LE.

LOTRFan said:
Nice, another chance at the EpIV Kenobi. :cool: Even if it is in the CE line, this means I can save some $$$.

Yeah!!

I missed out on the the previous releases, and the CE price is much more palatable to me.

This is great news.

No .45 sabers shown, though. That's disappointing.

nash said:
From what I've seen there is a difference. The sleeve on the CE version is much more dull in color than the LE.

But then again, using QuiGon's saber as a testament to how closely the CE resembles the LE is flawed logic. QuiGon's saber is as simple as they come. Let's see how something like a Mace Windu saber in CE form would compare to the LE.

Care to put a wager on that one too? ;) :lol

A Mace LE and CE comparison would be interesting to see. Even an EE would be hard pressed to match the quality of the current LE which is why the LE will remain safely in my collection. Still, even the .45 Mace looks exactly like a shrunk down version of its 1:1 big brother down to every last detail; and, gives hope that a CE would come very close to matching the quality of the LE much like the QGJ CE has to the LE. With the QGJ CE, it's easy to see that MR can make a high-end replica, easily comparable to the LE, at half the price.

Looking back at the pics, I also noticed another MOY (this one for the CE line). Not sure why I'm so surprised by this re-hash from MR. Just kinda struck me as odd that they'd offer this one again. I guess we can expect another Palpy Cane sometime again too. :rolleyes:

Well I have the Mace SE and it has something like real 8k gold finish as opposed to the LE which is just painted gold enamel. I'm sure a CE of Mace won't even look as good as the LE. It will be closer in resemblance to the LE but going from the CE to the SE is like night and day. I'm glad I got the SE on that one. As for the Luke ROTJ V2, it can't even compare to the EE.

Qui-Gon's is mostly resin cast anyway. Nothing impressesive really there anyway between the CE and LE but I'm glad I got the LE.

decadentdave said:
Qui-Gon's is mostly resin cast anyway. Nothing impressesive really there anyway between the CE and LE but I'm glad I got the LE.

Nope, it's now die cast, and it makes the LE a rip-off, depending on who you ask.

RedfordFilms said:

I never cared about Mace anyway, so that's a non-issue for me. All the OT sabers will have no problems here, and neither will most PT except perhaps Sidious and Mace.

decadentdave said:
Well I have the Mace SE and it has something like real 8k gold finish as opposed to the LE which is just painted gold enamel. I'm sure a CE of Mace won't even look as good as the LE. It will be closer in resemblance to the LE but going from the CE to the SE is like night and day. I'm glad I got the SE on that one. As for the Luke ROTJ V2, it can't even compare to the EE.

I thought the Mace LE was 10k and the SE was 18k.

Well the Hero prop in the film as well as the stunt prop were both resin cast so die-cast is technically innacurrate, although it gives it a heavier weight.

Back