Media Mass Effect: Andromeda

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I always got the feeling that k+m was kind of an afterthought for modern Bioware games (even though that was the only choice for PC ME1-3). Well, he sounds pretty confident in the controls, so I'll be cautiously optimistic! Glad to hear about the controller support, at any rate :)

I just want them to announce the PC requirements!

I can run Battlefield 1 with everything on max @1440p and it never dips below 60fps.

So I'm hoping Andromeda will be about the same since they're both using the newer versions of the Frostbite 3 engine.

I'm sad that EA is no longer doing physical releases of their PC games

Ever since people have been shilling in for steam physical releases for regular games are pointless anyways, just a code in a box. DRM ftl.

I just want them to announce the PC requirements!

I can run Battlefield 1 with everything on max @1440p and it never dips below 60fps.

So I'm hoping Andromeda will be about the same since they're both using the newer versions of the Frostbite 3 engine.

BF games are extremely well optimized, they are not a great measure :p

I would imagine it will perform pretty well

Digital purchases are more convenient, but for my favorite games I still like to have the physical copy as sort of a collection. I've got the other games on my shelf but won't be able to add this one to it.

BF games are extremely well optimized, they are not a great measure :p

Yeah, I was just trying to think of Frostbite 3 games to test hardware with.

I downloaded Dragon Age: Inquisition (Bioware's 1st Frostbite 3 game), didn't drop below 60 (except for the forced 30 fps cutscenes).

I expect Mass Effect to be much more optimized than Dragon Age though, so I should be good.

I expect though they'll be pushing the graphics more than they did in Dragon Age though

Yeah, but I expect they'll have better optimization for Mass Effect though. DAI was a learning experience with Frostbite for them, they said they had taken what they learned from the tech from DAI and put it towards MEA. I believe they even stated that for PC they'll also have cutsences/dialogue scenes @ unlocked framrates.

If for some reason someone here doesn't have Mass Effect 2, it's currently free on Origin.

And if anyone's been eyeing anything at the Bioware store, they currently have a 20% code running - TEMPEST. Doesn't seem to work on preorders, but DOES work on sale items, so that's cool.

If for some reason someone here doesn't have Mass Effect 2, it's currently free on Origin.

And if anyone's been eyeing anything at the Bioware store, they currently have a 20% code running - TEMPEST. Doesn't seem to work on preorders, but DOES work on sale items, so that's cool.

Thanks for the heads up Billion :hi5:

Just finished the ME trilogy for the first time since they originally launched and I'm feeling kind of empty without more story to play through, I'm really looking forward to this but at the same time a little worried.
Bioware isn't committing to a trilogy for this new game and IMO thats what made the original so great. Across 3 games I got really attached to the characters, in both play-throughs.
I really want the crew and characters to grab at me. DA: I really failed in that for me.
I also hope they don't push what feels like political agendas like they did in DA.

That said I hope we also get some awesome collectibles, whether Hot Toys, or Sideshow, maybe Prime 1.
Gaming Heads just hasn't impressed me with their statues after I got over the "holy crap ME statues" initial feeling.

I'm sure if it does even okay (which it will), there'll be sequels. Maybe with different protagonists, but the Ryders don't seem that interesting, so that might be fine. And I'm sure there WILL be political stuff in it - there's no way they won't. Hopefully it'll be more subtle than some of their other stuff, but it'll be there.

I'm sure if it does even okay (which it will), there'll be sequels. Maybe with different protagonists, but the Ryders don't seem that interesting, so that might be fine. And I'm sure there WILL be political stuff in it - there's no way they won't. Hopefully it'll be more subtle than some of their other stuff, but it'll be there.

Oh there will definitely be sequals, I'm just concerned it'll be more like Dragon Age where each game has had a new(one off) protagonist.

To be fair Shep wasn't super interesting in ME1, Shepard was already a hero and amazing soldier
I like the idea behind the Ryders because you can build their legend.

New gameplay video:

I'm concerned about how much they've changed gameplay, in that you can only use 3 abilities at a time--I really enjoyed it on PC especially using a gaming mouse.

Aw, I liked Shepard. I'm hoping the Ryders will be likable, but so far nothing has really jumped out at me about them. If I had to make a guess, unless there's really big backlash against Ryder I'm expecting another trilogy with the same protagonists. It seems like a more ME thing to do.

Three abilities seems way too low. I wasn't a fan of DA:I's limited abilities, and this is way worse. I wonder what they'll use the other buttons for?

Aw, I liked Shepard. I'm hoping the Ryders will be likable, but so far nothing has really jumped out at me about them. If I had to make a guess, unless there's really big backlash against Ryder I'm expecting another trilogy with the same protagonists. It seems like a more ME thing to do.

Three abilities seems way too low. I wasn't a fan of DA:I's limited abilities, and this is way worse. I wonder what they'll use the other buttons for?
I liked Shep too but IMO he really came into his own in ME2. Especially with pairing him with Miranda, 2 people struggling to be perfect because that's what they're supposed to be.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks darthviper107! I wasn't planning on preordering, but $45 is a good price. Even if I'm grumpy at the game when it comes out, at least I didn't pay full price.

By the way, it's currently $45 on greenmangaming
I'd normally get the physical disc for this, but EA isn't selling physical copies of PC games anymore.
I don't like GMG, I still don't trust them and how they get their codes.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Combat video looks good, though it still seems like sort of an uncomfortable middle-ground between RPG and shooter. I like that they went with a (sort of) class-less system this time.

Back