Mass Effect 3 - Commander Shepard PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright I've changed my mind... the face does look rather poor. :( BUT seeing the entire statue IRL it probably looks okay. I'll pass though.

Last edited:
Well, I received mine, I have #21/750 I am HIGHLY disappointed with the head sculpt! I bought this hoping it would look like the prototype! The face is all grainy looking, the eyes were sloppy painted, the line in his hair is painted on and even a different color, and the painted on hair just looks cheap! Not to mention the base light up feature is so weak.

The Prototype's base was so bright even in a well light room, the face actually looked like Shepard, the line in his hair was actually part of his skin tone and painted around, not over, it's a let down seeing how great this could have been, and receiving what ever you wanna call this. I love the statue in itself but the head and base just ruin it for me! Gonna be returning this hopefully!

1238079_10151899573529697_1201777245_n.jpg

didn't want to, not after waiting all this time but had to cancel it - there is more important things and i just couldn't justify potentially wasting the money just to see if i liked it or not..

Man, these photos don't do this figure justice.
I have just opened mine and I think it is a great piece, yes not perfect, but certainly not as bad as some of these pics would have you believe.

First let me preface this by saying I have not seen this statue in hand.

Now even at reveal I was underwhelmed by the pose and the base but now that I'm seeing in hand pics I'm glad I didn't PO. The face from the pics looks horrendous, the lips look weird and even have the hair paint on the inside, the eyes are iffy, the hair looks.overly simplistic. But for me the worst is the skin, he looks like he has the worst case of achne. He's been through a.lot but I don't ever remember him looking like this.

All that being said what matters is how he looks in hand and if you guys are happy with him then that's all that counts.

I guess Thane is really dead in the water now...

Pics just make the head on this look absolutely atrocious. I'm sorry but they really do.

The line in the hair is just painted on, seriously? Shocking. I hope sideshow are reading...this thing is embarassing. lol.

Has the defense squad's classic "pictures do not do this justice" argument already arisen? :lol

That's when you know it really is bad.

Has the defense squad's classic "pictures do not do this justice" argument already arisen? :lol

That's when you know it really is bad.

Or maybe, just maybe, it really does look better than the various photos would leave you to believe.

I agree with people that say he looks bad in the pics but mine, at least, doesn't look that way. Again, I'm only talking so far as the general sculpt, the paint could definitely have been better.

Well, I received mine, I have #21/750 I am HIGHLY disappointed with the head sculpt! I bought this hoping it would look like the prototype! The face is all grainy looking, the eyes were sloppy painted, the line in his hair is painted on and even a different color, and the painted on hair just looks cheap! Not to mention the base light up feature is so weak.

The Prototype's base was so bright even in a well light room, the face actually looked like Shepard, the line in his hair was actually part of his skin tone and painted around, not over, it's a let down seeing how great this could have been, and receiving what ever you wanna call this. I love the statue in itself but the head and base just ruin it for me! Gonna be returning this hopefully!

1238079_10151899573529697_1201777245_n.jpg

Hope you don't mind, I used this pic on the "other" forum for a prototype vs production thread. Sorry your statue didn't turn out good, I can't blame you for returning it.

I cant wait for mine to come in soon. I will try to pose some quality pics when he arrives. I love Mass Effect to much to return him but I might complain and see what happens.

To me its not even the paint quality, the sculpt itself looks like Shepard has AIDS or something ....

It's the likeness, the paint, the texture, just the overall quality of the sculpt. All shocking. It's like I painted the hair. And I can't paint for ****.

I thought that pic was a head someone made, until I read that is SS's head....wow...that might be the worst overall job I've ever seen SS release....from the sculpt to paint to...oh my goodness that is horrid looking in the pics.

SS should recall all of the those heads. I'm serious.

Armor looks great though.

Last edited:
Damn...Seeing the announcement for this figure gave me hope that someday they'd get to other videogame licenses and maybe even make my dream PF, a Half-Life Gordon Freeman-- But now, I want them to stay FAR away from that franchise.

Back