Mass Effect 3 - Commander Shepard PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My LCS finally got one in so I got to check it out in person...

First let me say I loved the Mass Effect Game, one of the best games ever IMO... I had this statue on pre-order since day one, when it got close to the release date I really studied the pictures SS had on their website and in the end I cancelled it because I didn't like the pose and I thought the Orange base was cheap looking, plus even in the prototype pictures his face didn't look 100% like Shepard's...

After seeing it in person, it does look better then what the in hand pictures are showing but its still not 100% Commander Shepard IMO, maybe 75% Commander Shepard, especially when you look at him close up. The sculptor could of done a better job in the likeness department. The Pose is ok, although I don't ever remember him posing like that in the game. The base is very cheap looking IMO, the lights were rather dim on it.

Now the body armor looks awesome... they nailed that 100%, I just wish they could of done a better job with the face likeness.

Overall I would give this statue 7/10 score... Factor in the $400 price tag and the score drops to 6/10....

I think if this statue was made 3-4 years ago people would of been really happy with the likeness of the statue, but in the last few years they have really improved in the likeness department which has raised a lot of peoples expectations for newer statues....

Last edited:
My LCS finally got one in so I got to check it out in person...

First let me say I loved the Mass Effect Game, one of the best games ever IMO... I had this statue on pre-order since day one, when it got close to the release date I really studied the pictures SS had on their website and in the end I cancelled it because I didn't like the pose and I thought the Orange base was cheap looking, plus even in the prototype pictures his face didn't look 100% like Shepard's...

After seeing it in person, it does look better then what the in hand pictures are showing but its still not 100% Commander Shepard IMO, maybe 75% Commander Shepard, especially when you look at him close up. The sculptor could of done a better job in the likeness department. The Pose is ok, although I don't ever remember him posing like that in the game. The base is very cheap looking IMO, the lights were rather dim on it.

Now the body armor looks awesome... they nailed that 100%, I just wish they could of done a better job with the face likeness.

Overall I would give this statue 7/10 score... Factor in the $400 price tag and the score drops to 6/10....

I think if this statue was made 3-4 years ago people would of been really happy with the likeness of the statue, but in the last few years they have really improved in the likeness department which has raised a lot of peoples expectations for newer statues....

I agree completely with your assessment but im keeping mine because frankly, its the best mass effect collectible out there. I have been playing the presidium dlc all week and loving this statue more and more :yess:

I think Dark Horse's new Reaper statue is the best.

I have it on pre-order and a friend of mine just received it and showed me on the webcam, it turned out awesome. I'm surprised there isn't a topic about that statue in fact.

Well I have to admit I was wrong unless I was the only whom is happy with there statue.
The eyes on the helmet version are spot on and so is the other head.
Hair line is pretty bad but I will feather it in anyway.
Yes the texture is funny but not amazingly bad.
And the light on my base is great.

Only thing is mine arrived and two corners of the box were crushed which I absolutely hate , but I don't want to send it back and and up getting crap back.

Also does anybody's base sort of dip in the middle and is not completely flat ?

Well I have to admit I was wrong unless I was the only whom is happy with there statue.
The eyes on the helmet version are spot on and so is the other head.
Hair line is pretty bad but I will feather it in anyway.
Yes the texture is funny but not amazingly bad.
And the light on my base is great.

Only thing is mine arrived and two corners of the box were crushed which I absolutely hate , but I don't want to send it back and and up getting crap back.

Also does anybody's base sort of dip in the middle and is not completely flat ?

Glad you like him HJ! He looks perfect in person. My base doesn't have any dip in it.

If I put a ruler on it, there is a slight dip in the middle, but it is not visually noticeable otherwise.

Yeah I only spotted it when I was up packaging it otherwise
Like you say un noticeable.

Otherwise very happy with my statue and I'm not ashamed to say
I have had to eat my words:rotfl

Hmm, I am really disappointed by what I am seeing. The head sculpt in particular. What is up with the grainy texture, and his face looks a little off as well. Paint job is far from good. Also, the pose is not really optimal either.

I wasn't a huge fan of the pose, but it's commander shepard! I pre-ordered him on day one. I don't have any room in my case, but he's going on the desk.

I think its uncool when people ask for pics and then insult what gets posted.

If you already made up your mind on this don't keep asking for pics and then bashing it.

Back