Mass Effect 3 - Commander Shepard PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The production on the shepard sculpt just looks terrible to me.

Another PF that I was interested in but upon seeing the pictures of it in hand, complete pass. Shame. I hope its not the case for Nate Drake.

All I can say is that if you look at this statue in person from a normal viewing distance of 18-24 inches, he looks exactly like the Shepard from the game. For some reason, the pictures are picking up too much detail (like the "roughness" of the head sculpt) and making his face look whiter than it is in person.

I absolutely recommend this statue to any fan of the game. Do yourself a favor and try and see it in person if you can at a local comic shop or show. If you pass on this, you will be missing out on an awesome statue.

Thanks for the Pics Mr. Ski. I think he looks good enough. Cant wait to get mine next week.

God, the eyes look absolutely terrible on that helmeted head...

SS really needs to step up with the QC or I'm going to end up canceling more and more pieces.

Everyone is being harsh here on the face but you have to remember you are normally viewing these a few feet back. Your not supposed to be all up close on these statues.

Everyone is being harsh here on the face but you have to remember you are normally viewing these a few feet back. Your not supposed to be all up close on these statues.

Sorry but that is just a lame excuse for poor paint apps.
Most of the painters on here me included paint so you look at them close ant they look good.
Whom gets a statue and says oh but a few feet back it will look great.
We are not talking about painting on canvas here were that is the case.
We are talking about what are supposed to be premium grade statues.
I think if they don't look like the pictures on sideshows site then you should be entitled you get a full refund plus they pay the return shipping.
And the eyes on the helmeted head are shockingly bad.
No excuse for poor paint apps on stuff from sideshow.
If they got proper painters in instead of people sitting on a production line we would not has this issue.

I understand completely about the whole being a little distance from the figure instead of basing it on images where you're practically nose to nose with the object.
I agree with this sentiment and not just looking at painting...but with figures themselves.
When I look at my figures, specially ones In diorama, I'm a good 18-25 inches from it.

But still from this picture, can you really say that's a premium quality head?
Not just the face, look at the neck!
It's like Shepard has some skin disease.
I think its not just a bad paint job, but the headsculpt itself looks unfinished.
That should have been polished and smoothen. :slap

Sorry but that is just a lame excuse for poor paint apps.
Most of the painters on here me included paint so you look at them close ant they look good.
Whom gets a statue and says oh but a few feet back it will look great.
We are not talking about painting on canvas here were that is the case.
We are talking about what are supposed to be premium grade statues.
I think if they don't look like the pictures on sideshows site then you should be entitled you get a full refund plus they pay the return shipping.
And the eyes on the helmeted head are shockingly bad.
No excuse for poor paint apps on stuff from sideshow.
If they got proper painters in instead of people sitting on a production line we would not has this issue.

So I guess you examine all art up close? How does the Mona Lisa look? What about Water Lillies or The Scream? There is no pleasing some people, so if you don't like it then just move on. You haven't even seen it in person yet, so your comments are pretty silly.

I understand completely about the whole being a little distance from the figure instead of basing it on images where you're practically nose to nose with the object.
I agree with this sentiment and not just looking at painting...but with figures themselves.
When I look at my figures, specially ones In diorama, I'm a good 18-25 inches from it.

But still from this picture, can you really say that's a premium quality head?
Not just the face, look at the neck!
It's like Shepard has some skin disease.
I think its not just a bad paint job, but the headsculpt itself looks unfinished.
That should have been polished and smoothen. :slap

It is battle-worn Shepard. It was probably inspired from ME2 when he is resurrected and still has damage and scars on his face. If it were polished and smooth it might look too plastic-like. The main problem I have with the helmeted head is that the visor is so smooth and shiny that it reflects light so you can't see his face too well.

So I guess you examine all art up close? How does the Mona Lisa look? What about Water Lillies or The Scream? There is no pleasing some people, so if you don't like it then just move on. You haven't even seen it in person yet, so your comments are pretty silly.

It is battle-worn Shepard. It was probably inspired from ME2 when he is resurrected and still has damage and scars on his face. If it were polished and smooth it might look too plastic-like. The main problem I have with the helmeted head is that the visor is so smooth and shiny that it reflects light so you can't see his face too well.

How are my comments pretty silly?
Also no I don't examine art up close as paintings are made god be looked at and appreciated from a distance due to them being so big.
It Is pretty obvious the paint job is crap and so is the lumpy neck
Also if it was made from a battle damaged Shepard in mass effect 2 then the scar should glow blue as he has been rebuilt by the elusive man and is most part machine implants and in the game you see the light shine through sort of like the Beth.
Obviously you did not know this as you are not a serious mass effect fan.
Which is why you can live with crap paint work.
Any hardcore fan would be disappointed.
Send you a human turd in the post with a N7 badge on it and say it is a Krogen and you would be over the moon and display it with pride.

Also no I don't examine art up close as paintings are made god be looked at and appreciated from a distance due to them being so big.
Also if it was made from a battle damaged Shepard in mass effect 2 then the scar should glow blue as he has been rebuilt by the elusive man and is most part machine implants and in the game you see the light shine through sort of like the Beth.
Send you a human turd in the post with a N7 badge on it and say it is a Krogen and you would be over the moon and display it with pride.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Try and enjoy life. :wave

Thanks all the pics, Ski! :hi5:

I think it looks good overall; however, if I owned it, I'd sand the flesh areas just a tad. I think they maybe just went a little overboard with the skin texture. Then repaint the whole thing. Right now, it looks like they gave him Illusive Man eyes. But overall, if I had the space and extra $$$ I'd hop on the WL for the EX. I may have to cancel Nate Drake due to no space for him :(

Im a "hardcore" mass effect fan and i love this statue...the pics REALLY arent doing it justice and it doesnt look bad in person (seriously!)...both the helmet and reg version look superb. My only complaint would be what I mentioned previously and that the omni-blade doesnt light up in addition to the base...that wouldve looked epic.

Whoa, if you don't like it, don't get it and be done with it.

I can't speak for Mr. Ski but I am a huge Mass Effect fan and that is probably the reason I am getting this :dunno I know its not perfect but its all we got in the mass effect universe. I think hardcore fans are getting this because its not perfect, the casual fans or those who don't know the series will obviously pass on this. I don't see CBG on this thread :lol

I can't speak for Mr. Ski but I am a huge Mass Effect fan and that is probably the reason I am getting this :dunno I know its not perfect but its all we got in the mass effect universe. I think hardcore fans are getting this because its not perfect, the casual fans or those who don't know the series will obviously pass on this. I don't see CBG on this thread :lol

That's all we need. :lol

And I am a big fan of the ME series. :monkey3

That's all we need. :lol

And I am a big fan of the ME series. :monkey3

haha, yup, if this was liara with a lot of cleavage and some nips he would be coming on her talking about how he cant wait to get her but should show restraint, by the way, who is she, where can I "read" about her :panic:

Thats the thing i am a huge mass effect fan and have bought this statue.
I also own most mass effect things ever released including all the lithographs and some rare sighted stuff.
All I was saying is the head paint work is crap.
I think the sculpt is spot on , to some people the paint work may be acceptable , and when mine arrives I may like it.
But if not I will just repaint it , I'm not trolling or anything like that.
I'm just stating my feelings on the statue that is all

I'll be honest, once I saw some of the photos I got real worried but mine just came and I'm pretty happy with the head. The paint could be better I agree (though it's not terrible) but, the bigger problem I had with the photos is how gaunt he looked. I'm not sure what the deal is but in person it just doesn't look like that.

Back