Marvel's Wanda Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we got more than 26 minutes of Pietro in one movie then maybe I would have cared more about his death rather than just being disappointed by it.

I really liked Ultron's Pietro, partially thanks to the chemistry between Olsen and Johnson. And IMO the Ultron thing was just - stupid. But IMO so was NatBruce.

Whedon's meltdowns over AOU are well known; it's too bad. There's a lot of good stuff, like Vision's introduction.

I really liked Ultron's Pietro, partially thanks to the chemistry between Olsen and Johnson. And IMO the Ultron thing was just - stupid. But IMO so was NatBruce.

Whedon's meltdowns over AOU are well known; it's too bad. There's a lot of good stuff, like Vision's introduction.

I liked him too, but we didn't really get enough time with him.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...3s-mandarin-reveal-spoilers-a183043#gs.v4sr2o

While talking to Kevin Smith, WandaVision director Matt Shakman addressed the backlash, and admitted that the Mandarin reveal in Iron Man 3 served as his inspiration.

"Just out of the blue, no idea who the person is, sent me this tirade of like, ‘Didn’t you guys learn from Iron Man 3 with the fake Mandarin?’ and my first takeaway was [how] that was my favorite part of Iron Man 3, when Ben Kingsley came out of the bathroom saying, ‘Don’t go in there!’ I was like, ‘This is amazing!’" the filmmaker reveals.

"Trevor, the fake Mandarin, was fantastic. Playing with expectations, turning things around, is always enjoyable, and what I would say to the Marvel fan who’s a little disappointed that the X-Men didn’t show up, or the multiverse didn’t show up clearly right there, is that they’re coming. You know they’re coming, right? You’ve got a movie called 'Multiverse of Madness.' You’ve got mutants announced at Comic-Con a year and a half ago. Like, they’re coming. And guess who else is coming? The Mandarin is coming! He's the villain in Shang-Chi! So your patience will be rewarded."

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...3s-mandarin-reveal-spoilers-a183043#gs.v4sr2o

While talking to Kevin Smith, WandaVision director Matt Shakman addressed the backlash, and admitted that the Mandarin reveal in Iron Man 3 served as his inspiration.

"Just out of the blue, no idea who the person is, sent me this tirade of like, ‘Didn’t you guys learn from Iron Man 3 with the fake Mandarin?’ and my first takeaway was [how] that was my favorite part of Iron Man 3, when Ben Kingsley came out of the bathroom saying, ‘Don’t go in there!’ I was like, ‘This is amazing!’" the filmmaker reveals.

"Trevor, the fake Mandarin, was fantastic. Playing with expectations, turning things around, is always enjoyable, and what I would say to the Marvel fan who’s a little disappointed that the X-Men didn’t show up, or the multiverse didn’t show up clearly right there, is that they’re coming. You know they’re coming, right? You’ve got a movie called 'Multiverse of Madness.' You’ve got mutants announced at Comic-Con a year and a half ago. Like, they’re coming. And guess who else is coming? The Mandarin is coming! He's the villain in Shang-Chi! So your patience will be rewarded."

Ah yes, the Mandarin reveal that nobody liked. Good job. It's always a good idea to take inspiration from things that people hate solely in order to subvert expectations and be edgy. Fans love that. The only good part of Iron Man 3 was Tony not being able to rely on the suit.

So if Wanda is awakening the mutant X gene in everyone how does that explain Wolverine who has been around a very long time or even Agatha

So if Wanda is awakening the mutant X gene in everyone how does that explain Wolverine who has been around a very long time or even Agatha

They can easily change Wolverines origin, not like they have to follow the comics 100%, different universe. Agatha isn't a mutant in the comics as far as I know, just a Witch.

How freaking hilarious is it that this:

wandavision-finale-recap.jpeg

was a more epic and poignant moment than this:

v1.bjsxNzY3OTQ3O2o7MTg3NDA7MTIwMDsyMTQ1OzEyMDA

:lol

And was anyone else a little bummed that they didn't just go all out and do a full pan around Wanda's family in that moment with the Avengers score blaring, lol.

And was anyone else a little bummed that they didn't just go all out and do a full pan around Wanda's family in that moment with the Avengers score blaring, lol.

Haha I found that pretty hilarious. Like, WTF is Vision doing? :lol

Missed opportunity on that Avengers theme though! :rotfl

Snyder thinks 1:33 Black and White is the solution lol

Just you wait till my man Zack brings the gravitas!

Just you wait till my man Ray brings the gravity on Zach’s head lol

Snyder thinks 1:33 Black and White is the solution lol

Shoot it in grand spectacle cinematography... for play as a 1940's b/w movie.

Even Zach knows it will play better in small. Like your phone.

That said, on Episode 8 of this show and boy could Agatha deliver her lines any more cornball terrible? I mean, this whole explanation-episode was not only unnecessary if you've been paying attention but seemed to be written for 10-year-olds. Here's hoping the last episode is better.

Shoot it in grand spectacle cinematography... for play as a 1940's b/w movie.

That said, on Episode 8 of this show and boy could Agatha deliver her lines any more cornball terrible? I mean, this whole explanation-episode was not only unnecessary if you've been paying attention but seemed to be written for 10-year-olds. Here's hoping the last episode is better.

Wait, you haven?t watched it yet? Why are you here? :lol

Wait, you haven?t watched it yet? Why are you here? :lol

Because I'm so un-invested in the show that no spoilers can ruin it for me... and I find it interesting to read the opinions of those who think its amazing. And the only thing I want to see is Scarlet Witch in a version of the classic outfit.

Please tell me the last episode is the best. And if not, I'd love to know which episode is considered the best.

I'd be interested on how that would be the case. Most mobile devices have gone to even wider aspect ratios (18:9 for example) so unless you're watching this in portrait mode like an Instagram video, then you aren't making the most of a modern day mobile phone's screen.

Cause it?s build up with time and effort and we know the characters. It?s not just
It?s super dark brah and it?s depressing so it?s kewl!

Because I'm so un-invested in the show that no spoilers can ruin it for me... and I find it interesting to read the opinions of those who think its amazing. And the only thing I want to see is Scarlet Witch in a version of the classic outfit.

Please tell me the last episode is the best. And if not, I'd love to know which episode is considered the best.

IMO the last episode isn't the best, but it has several satisfying moments. I never expected the series to introduce and/or set-up Mutants (especially once the show was about halfway through), so I find a lot of the criticism after the finale over the "missed opportunities" somewhat baffling. This is Marvel, not that other outfit - despite covid delays and our collective impatience, they're still going to take their time and build the groundwork first. I enjoyed the show as a whole, especially the performances of Olsen and Hahn (Bettany's too, although he seemed to have less to work with as the show progressed). Probably my favorite episode was "We Interrupt This Program" (the 4th or 5th one I think) that gave us the SWORD "outside the Hex looking in" perspective and explained some of the anomalies that appeared previously in Wanda's idyllic world. I thought it was well done and introduced an expansiveness that was necessary to drive the narrative forward. The one negative of that episode was Hayward's introduction, as he wouldn't have been convincing as the director of Janitorial Services, let alone director of SWORD. :slap

I look forward to reading your take on the finale & the show as a whole.

IMO the last episode isn't the best, but it has several satisfying moments. I never expected the series to introduce and/or set-up Mutants (especially once the show was about halfway through), so I find a lot of the criticism after the finale over the "missed opportunities" somewhat baffling. This is Marvel, not that other outfit - despite covid delays and our collective impatience, they're still going to take their time and build the groundwork first. I enjoyed the show as a whole, especially the performances of Olsen and Hahn (Bettany's too, although he seemed to have less to work with as the show progressed). Probably may favorite episode was "We Interrupt This Program" (the 4th or 5th one I think) that gave us the SWORD "outside the Hex looking in" perspective and explained some of the anomalies that appeared previously in Wanda's idyllic world. I thought it was well done and introduced an expansiveness that was necessary to drive the narrative forward. The one negative of that episode was Hayward's introduction, as he wouldn't have been convincing as the director of Janitorial Services, let alone director of SWORD. :slap

I look forward to reading your take on the finale & the show as a whole.

I liked the 4th one and actually the 8th episode as well. Both were pretty much episodes that looked into the past and unveiled stuff form the character's histories. The finale was the expected action episode IMO. It works better if you watch the 8th and 9th together much in the same way episode 1 and 2 works better together.

Back