Marvel's The Black Panther

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
d2ea19dca890bf0d2b063b3460ba6b2e.jpg

lol

This tweet reminded me of Back when I worked in group homes many of my friends and co workers were Black.. I asked them one day if it was weird to watch TV and movies and have mostly white people being the ones the films are about.. They said that they actually preferred white movies because on a technical and story level they were better films.. They stated that movies made by black people tried too hard to be be "black" That instead of focusing on a good story they tried too hard to focus on the fact that it was a black cast in a black film... It was not what I was asking really but found that very interesting. Sounds like BP focuses on story... That is a good thing. Black or white :)

By the way.. Reading a lot of "Wakanda Forever" People are aware that Wakanda is not a real place.. Are we going to have to deal with post BP depression like we did with AVATAR when people had to deal with the fact that it was just a movie :lol

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm waiting for Ben Shapiro's review

In Ben I Trust.

Well said Rulk.. I knew there was a reason I liked you :)

Something that bugs the snot out of me in Marvel movies:

This 'remote pilot' crap.

It takes any hint of drama out of the scene. IM3. GOTG2. BP (multiple times).

I *hate* it.

Have not seen BP yet but yeah.. I hate that in the other two films.. Ruins the rewatchability of it. Add Luke at the end of TLJ to that list also.

Saw this last night. I was floored from the opening scene to the end. This could quite possibly be marvels best film and one of the best comic films I've seen. This film is special and just oozes Ryan coogler from beginning to end. This is epic in ever sense of the word, from story, action, and characters it's pretty close to perfect.

As I saw someone else put it, this is a Shakespeare level of quality and themes to it's story in the sense of redemption, revenge, family, and betrayal.

What an amazing film. I'll be seeing this again next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bottom line is that no [White] person should feel threatened by the points Coogler raises. I'm White and I loved this movie. The last thing I feel is threatened and offended by it's anti-Colonialist subject matter.

This is a great and meaningful movie.

Gotta agree. Just cause the movie has a great quote doesn’t mean it’s threatening white lives or whatever. I felt the movie wasn’t overly preachy at all and was still able to bring up great points. If you feel upset about something that’s on you

Saw this last night. I was floored from the opening scene to the end. This could quite possibly be marvels best film and one of the best comic films I've seen. This film is special and just oozes Ryan coogler from beginning to end. This is epic in ever sense of the word, from story, action, and characters it's pretty close to perfect.

As I saw someone else put it, this is a Shakespeare level of quality and themes to it's story in the sense of redemption, revenge, family, and betrayal.

What an amazing film. I'll be seeing this again next weekend.

You officially are the first to get me excited to see this
:)

Nothing against the film. I just have Dr. Strange feelings towards the character and I did not like that film all that much.. But I like what you just posted.

Nothing against the film. I just have Dr. Strange feelings towards the character and I did not like that film all that much.. But I like what you just posted.

I guess how much you'd like this movie depends on how much you did or didn't like Black Panther in Civil War. I remember that movie being in your top 5 MCU, so it's hard to tell right now.

Finally got in to see this, loved it, I'd put it up there with Iron Man and Winter Soldier style enjoyment for me. Was totally expecting a better portrayal of Killmonger, sad part is, it wasn't until his end sequence that I think he got to actually shine. The new suits were bad ass, hoping HT makes Killmonger, love that they made the glove/boot lined look very prevalent for these suits to give it a more iconic BP look. M'baku was very enjoyable for what little parts he was in.

If anything, this movie got me more hyped to see Infinity War coming soon. That fight in Wakanda looks Epic.

I liked Dr strange but black panther puts that movie to shame. I would honestly say that black panther is closer to The Lion King than any comic film I've seen. It's like Coogler took Shakespeare's Hamlet, flipped it on it's head and turned it into black panther.

I guess how much you'd like this movie depends on how much you did or didn't like Black Panther in Civil War. I remember that movie being in your top 5 MCU, so it's hard to tell right now.

I enjoyed his character just fine in CW. He did not add or take away anything from the film for me. But I did like the actor they got to play him.

I expect that I will enjoy this. As long as its better then Dr. Strange, AOU, IM3 and Thor 3. If its a lot better then those the I should be safe.

Back