Marvel's The Black Panther

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry this is long. Just thought I'd put it up for fun. It's not like BP is my favorite, favorite character and like that:cool:. But IMO fair is fair

https://www.inquisitr.com/opinion/4558278/the-5-reasons-why-you-should-not-watch-black-panther/

Despite its stunning image and a breathtaking visual, there are five reasons why you should not watch the movie.

In the official trailer for Black Panther, it showcased the return of T’Challa to Wakanda after the Civil War. As the king of Wakanda, T’Challa also encounters his enemy Erik Killmonger, the exiled warrior of Wakanda. He seeks to overthrow T’Challa from the throne of Wakanda with the help of Ulysses Klaue, the arms dealer who is capable to extract vibranium, the metal that made the Black Panther’s suit.

The very first reason for not watching Black Panther is that we have become too bored of the MCU and its superheroes franchises. For a decade, we have been watching Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor with their own movies and sequels. Recently, a reboot of the Spiderman in Spider-Man: Homecoming showed the audacious attempt from Disney and Marvel Studios to fully capitalize their superheroes franchises.

Since the Black Panther and his alter ego T’Challa was first introduced in Captain America: Civil War last year, he became one of the important figures in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Furthermore, Marvel Studios has prepared Black Panther as one of its supreme superheroes movie since 2005.

Unfortunately, too many Marvel’s superhero movie franchises in one decade have driven the market of the MCU to become saturated.

IMO so what? You don't wanna go to a movie, don't go. Must be a market for these films$$$$$$$:drool

Here comes the second reason. With its saturated market, the plot of Black Panther will not be able to shift from the story of swashbuckling superheroes against the super villains.

What???

The third reason is the re-appearance of boring and easily predicted power struggle. We have seen enough power struggle in Thor’s franchises. If you are already fed up of the power struggle between Thor, Loki, and Odin, you better not watch Black Panther. The power struggle between T’Challa and Erik Killmonger is somewhat very similar to that of Thor.

Thor's power struggle is more personal e.g. triangle between brothers and father. Power struggle in BP (as Ryan Coogler has said https://moviepilot.com/p/marvel-black-panther-mirrors-real-life-issues-africa-coltan-vibranium-conflict/4378331) based partly on ongoing struggles for valuable minerals in Africa and also ideological differences e.g. remain isolated or open borders to world.

Thus comes the fourth reason. As the writers for Black Panther, Ryan Coogler and Joe Robert Cole could not come with the fresh ideas of how to make a compelling storyline. Therefore, Marvel Studios and Disney have to compensate the weak storyline with the stunning visual

We haven't seen the movie yet, so how does anyone know how "compelling" it is? IMO the end credit scene between Cap and T'Challa in CW was pretty compelling, and the line from BP "you are a good man...." seems pretty compelling, and that's like, seconds of footage.

Finally, it is the final and the most important reason for not watching Black Panther. For the fans of DCEU, it is highly not recommended to watch the movie. Apparently, Walt Disney and Marvel Studios scheduled to release the movie in February 2018 in order to fill in the gap between two DCEU movies, Justice League and Aquaman. They hope some moviegoers who are hungry for more superhero movies will go to the theater to watch Black Panther before Aquaman hit the theaters in December 2018.

WTF? While Disney probably looks at the balance sheet and laughs - this comment OMG.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl Guess May's release of the hyped Infinity War didn't show up on the radar....:cool:

The only thing I did not like in the trailer was the cgi when he changed into the Jaguar costume his clothes falling off like it did looked horrible although i’m sure the cgi is still being worked on hence the quality.

Trailer was fantastic. Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of the music selection as I liked the first one better. However it probably appeals to younger moviegoers. Yes, Marvel is continuing its tradition of the doppleganger villain (Iron Man/Iron Monger, Ant-Man/Yellowjacket, Hulk/Abomination), but it looks like there will be a solid underlying story. Plus we get more of Klaw (but apparently no sonic constructs). Boseman was perfectly cast and is really inhabiting the role right down to the way he walks. Jordan is also showing himself to be quite versatile as well. In Creed, I thought he looked like a young Apollo. Here, he's even more bulked up and rocking a totally different look. I'm sure there will be folks criticizing the "too futuristic" look, but they are bringing the world of Wakanda to the screen. The movie is still four months off. Plenty of time to fix the CGI. Thor's CGI has gotten progressively better since the early trailer as has Justice League.

Anyone noticed how Michael B Jordan doesn't have an accent? Perhaps the character is overcompensating with all the tribal marks on his body because he didn't grow up in Wakanda?

I wish his suit materialized electrically in CW, but it makes sense because the film wasn’t about him

Yes, also black people reacting to magic tricks. :D

Yup lol

Trailer was fantastic. Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of the music selection as I liked the first one better. However it probably appeals to younger moviegoers. Yes, Marvel is continuing its tradition of the doppleganger villain (Iron Man/Iron Monger, Ant-Man/Yellowjacket, Hulk/Abomination), but it looks like there will be a solid underlying story. Plus we get more of Klaw (but apparently no sonic constructs). Boseman was perfectly cast and is really inhabiting the role right down to the way he walks. Jordan is also showing himself to be quite versatile as well. In Creed, I thought he looked like a young Apollo. Here, he's even more bulked up and rocking a totally different look. I'm sure there will be folks criticizing the "too futuristic" look, but they are bringing the world of Wakanda to the screen. The movie is still four months off. Plenty of time to fix the CGI. Thor's CGI has gotten progressively better since the early trailer as has Justice League.

There are a few blacks saying enough with the rap music how about a sweeping orchestral score now.

Ok question. Was that jaguar suit in the comics? I don't remember ever seeing that at all.

Ok question. Was that jaguar suit in the comics? I don't remember ever seeing that at all.

No, but he does wear some gold sometimes.

PNeU2rA.jpg

Nah, some of the panther action sequences do like a video game, but the sheer amount of CGI in JL is overwhelming. Even the sky looks fake.

Some? All of them. The red sky does look bad though, but the rest looks much better than this.

Ahh sorry I missed this :lol the baby made me lol too :lol

On a par with "Spoody-man's Humcumming".
>not Hoecumming
You slippin' Riddick.

Back