Marvel's The Black Panther

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just trailer music for the audience. I doubt Black Panther will be listening to rap in the movie :lol

Besides, it's the MCU BP, so who knows what changes they made to the character and Wakanda.

They put Rap in both trailers, so it's safe to assume it'll be part of the soundtrack. It just makes little sense. It's an ill-fitting stereotype. As for the changes, they'll obviously downplay the fact that most Wakandas are *******s. And I mean real, ****ing *******s.

Meh trailer, but I have to point this out... what is this obsession with Rap?
Wakanda is a bunch of isolationist, xenophobic *******s. They imported pizza in ****ing 2005!
Rap's the last thing T'Challa would associate himself with...
Made in US + black actors = hip-hop

Even tho hip-hop wouldn't exist without jazz, R&B (the real one) and soul.
Who cares? We need to sell this **** to dem kids who think rappin' is cool.

I'm no rap fan either but I don't remember anyone complaining when they put heavy metal music in Ironman.

It's nota stretch for Tony to listen to Metal or Rock. He's an American billionaire playboy with enough brains to turn engineering into a hobby. Besides, it's canon in the books that he likes himself some old Rock or Metal tunes. Adding Rap in Black Panther is like adding... dunno, Rap in Blade, when he's a British Vampire from the 1800s.

They obviously went to the trouble of researching African stuff a bit (guy with the plate in his lips), so why not hire a local orchestra or group to write some songs?

Wow, disney kinda woke.

RTJ in the teaser and some Gil Scott-Heron/Vince Staples in the trailer? Who knew they could find something besides Kanye West. (the worst rapper alive).

Didnt care one bit for the rap (leaked the instrumental beat and voiceover feel better in the teaser) but loved everything else about this trailer.

Holy imagery. Wow! Such great colors and vibrant feel. Everything felt powerful. Every character I just feel like they were strong, wise, arrogant and purposeful.

This is going to be a very interesting world they are creating.

And I like the new suit a tad more now that his powers show through it a bit. The CW one is still overall sexier though.

And the spirit world! His father one of those panthers in the tree perhaps?

I dig the **** out of this.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They actually put some thought into it.

"The Revolution will not be Televised" was used as almost a catchphrase or slogan for the BPP so it makes sense. They could have used a better Vince Staples song however.

This would have been a great tune to use, and has that tradition African vibe that would match the setting of Wakanda and make Disney's marketing team happy. (there's even a panther in the video).

Are you that Triggered by the Rap music in the marketing for the movie?

Here's the musical composer and Supervisor of BlackPanther.
https://www.soundtrack.net/person/ludwig-goransson/
https://www.soundtrack.net/person/dave-jordan/

Feel better now? ;)

A legitimate criticism isn't "getting Triggered". Keep that for the Landwhale Tumblrinas who'll flood the 'net when the movie releases and it's found to be problematic. The movie shuld've been advertised with a different tone. They didn't have Linkin Park playing over TWS, now did they?

Jesus H!

J e s u s H!

WOW!

What an incredible monday morning surprise damn Marvel you’re killing it and it being WB. Poor JL nothing but pulverized rubble remains.

The only thing left now for the Thor fan event to show off is an IW trailer.

I fail to see the excitement in this trailer, it must be Marvel fatigue. I just really don't care about any of these characters. At all.
First time I'm actually wondering whether I'll go watch a Marvel movie in the cinema. Even though I'm not the biggest MCU fan, I always go and watch the movies at the cinema for the sheer spectacle of it... but this... meh.
I'm still on for Thor Ragnarok though.

Well we don’t yet know if those themes will be part of the plot.

Maybe Creed jr wants to usher in a Wakanda that doesn’t care about the rest of the world including blacks from around the world.

Maybe Wakanda is already like that from the previous king when the movie starts, who knows nothing in the trailer proved it wasn’t going to touch upon those issues.

Just because it used rap music doesn’t mean it won’t address those themes.

Who knows maybe it will use rap music while also addressing those themes.

THAT BEING SAID, I am curious about the use of rap.

For me it screams marketing that was needed to cater to the american blacks.

I don’t think they’re catering to the chinese blacks.

But it could backfire on Marvel, what happens if american blacks stand up and say.....

Ok enough with the rap music we’re not ALL just about rap music.

Why couldn’t the trailer been given a sweeping John Williams style theme?

Who knows maybe the movie has zero rap music not even over the end credits but I do find the marketing trajectory interesting

A legitimate criticism isn't "getting Triggered". Keep that for the Landwhale Tumblrinas who'll flood the 'net when the movie releases and it's found to be problematic. The movie shuld've been advertised with a different tone. They didn't have Linkin Park playing over TWS, now did they?

Well we don’t yet know if those themes will be part of the plot.

Maybe Creed jr wants to usher in a Wakanda that doesn’t care about the rest of the world including blacks from around the world.

Maybe Wakanda is already like that from the previous king when the movie starts, who knows nothing in the trailer proved it wasn’t going to touch upon those issues.

Just because it used rap music doesn’t mean it won’t address those themes.

Who knows maybe it will use rap music while also addressing those themes.

THAT BEING SAID, I am curious about the use of rap.

For me it screams marketing that was needed to cater to the american blacks.

I don’t think they’re catering to the chinese blacks.

But it could backfire on Marvel, what happens if american blacks stand up and say.....

Ok enough with the rap music we’re not ALL just about rap music.

Why couldn’t the trailer been given a sweeping John Williams style theme?

Who knows maybe the movie has zero rap music not even over the end credits but I do find the marketing trajectory interesting

While I don't fully disagree with you guys, rap is the #1 most listened to genre now, surpassing rock. So from a marketing standpoint it makes plenty of sense. It's funny that people don't realize how intertwined the two personalities are these days. They both wear crazy clothes, have crazy hair, tattoos, love drugs, women etc. Hip-Hop artists are the new rockstars.

lil-uzi-vert-luv-stereo-champions-events.png

post-malone-mark-horton-wireimage.jpg

10-Smaller-600x403.jpg

BonScott1.jpg

article-2649852-1E86EBB500000578-882_634x425.jpg

Last edited:
I fail to see the excitement in this trailer, it must be Marvel fatigue. I just really don't care about any of these characters. At all.
First time I'm actually wondering whether I'll go watch a Marvel movie in the cinema. Even though I'm not the biggest MCU fan, I always go and watch the movies at the cinema for the sheer spectacle of it... but this... meh.
I'm still on for Thor Ragnarok though.

Yup I stopped right there lol

While I don't fully disagree with you, rap is the #1 most listened to genre now, surpassing rock. So from a marketing standpoint it makes plenty of sense. It's funny that people don't realize how intertwined the two personalities are these days. They both wear crazy clothes, have crazy hair, tattoos, love drugs, women etc. Hip-Hop artists are the new rockstars.

I don't mind the genre, I'm just saying it doesn't fit that particular trailer. It's like, if that Noah Howley Doctor Doom movie happens, they use a song from MF Doom in the trailer. Yeah, the guy models his act after the character, but putting Rap in such a film wouldn't connect.

I don't mind the genre, I'm just saying it doesn't fit that particular trailer. It's like, if that Noah Howley Doctor Doom movie happens, they use a song from MF Doom in the trailer. Yeah, the guy models his act after the character, but putting Rap in such a film wouldn't connect.

I think the trailer could benefit from hip-hop, if they used a different song.

Back