Marvel vs Star Wars - What to do??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though it's true that Marvel has sucked for awhile now (Red Hulk? :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4 ), it has had ups and downs over the years. The movies are, in general, pretty good nowadays, there are some fantastic writers working there (Brubaker is as good as anyone in comics), and I'm sure the comics are going to have more bright spots in the future.

Star Wars hasn't turned out anything worth watching after Jedi IMO. The franchise seems creatively bankrupt what with every obscure background alien from the OT being turned into a Jedi, Sith, cyborg chicken, or whatever. Plus, as stupid and ill-conceived as Marvel's retcons tend to be, they've got nothing on Star Wars.

As for which to collect, go with Terminator.

I know you mention this in your post but still, Why don't you get the pieces you consider to be the best from each line? It is not as if you had to buy each and every piece released in one of them anyways, and you could still enjoy both Universes. After all that's what collecting is about...Enjoyment.

You will have to learn to be very selective though, but space and money will teach you how.
Just my 2c.

It depends on how much star wars you have already collected. If you've already spent thousands of dollars on replica props, studio scale xwings, custom light sabers, 1:1 costumes etc, i suggest sticking with Star wars and maybe buy the odd premium format marvel or hot toys figure etc.

If you've got a basic star wars collection, just bear in mind that it can get very very expensive. High end marvel stuff starts at around usd300. High end star wars on the other hand start at usd800.

Edit: just realized that this is an old thread someone had resurrected. But my the points i raised stands. Also, fwiw,i think the marvel premium formats look nicer than the star wars ones.

Last edited:
Back