Marvel Studios/Sony - SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well MCU is sliding downhill since TDW and AoU and I wasn't knocked out by CW which was pretty good but nowhere near the needed follow-up to TWS

CW is the best superhero translation to cinema ever.

Yes, better than the already excellent STM, Batman 89 and Spiderman 2.

Easily top three MCU films and top five comic book films....it was great cinema IMO. Strange was a solid (not spectacular) first film that did well at BO. MCU / Disney doing just fine in the Marvelverse....

Easily top three MCU films and top five comic book films....it was great cinema IMO. Strange was a solid (not spectacular) first film that did well at BO. MCU / Disney doing just fine in the Marvelverse....

Agreed.

Are they all spectacular films? Nope.

Are they, at the very least, entertaining films? IMO they are.

IMG_6663.JPG

Last edited:
Best Marvel movies to date are:

X2
DOFP
First Class
Iron Man
Spider-Man 1
Spider-Man 2
Blade 2

I'm not sold on Tom Holland as Spidey either, and everything I'm seeing and hearing about this movie screams Disney channel movie.

Well MCU is sliding downhill since TDW and AoU and I wasn't knocked out by CW which was pretty good but nowhere near the needed follow-up to TWS

The decline is obvious at this point and its a shame because so many great characters are being introduced right now.

If only there was a way to have Jeph Loeb absorb the film division & replace Kevin Feige. Loeb is cranking out fantastic content for their Netflix division while Feige keeps making safe popcorn movies.

The decline is obvious at this point and its a shame because so many great characters are being introduced right now.

If only there was a way to have Jeph Loeb absorb the film division & replace Kevin Feige. Loeb is cranking out fantastic content for their Netflix division while Feige keeps making safe popcorn movies.

Exactly- movies that after a year or two fade into lost memories and are piled together in a heap but have no iconic status like TDK or even 89 Batman...

MCU is healthy.

I find them quite bland fare....predictable pulp of family barrier driven entertainment:lol

Yea, I really have to disagree. The Netflix series have been ok, Jessica Jones is the best one so far. The movies are light years more entertaining than the series to me. It always takes me months to finish a series, where as with every film I've watched at least twice.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

MCU is going strong. Not everything is going to be great but far more good than bad...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

:lol :lol :lol

When I read Jye's post that is exactly what I was thinking.

:lol :lol :lol

But, Civil War is nowhere near as good as Batman, Spider-Man 2, and Superman The Movie. Each of those movies were groundbreaking for their time, Civil War will be forgotten by the time Infinity War comes out.

CW airport scene is as iconic now as seeing Reeve fly for the first time, Keaton in his costume, Blade catching his glasses, Spiderman 2 train fight, X2 Nightcrawler opening, TDK interrogation and Avengers coming together in Manhattan.

CW may be the best superhero translation to cinema but I still think Season 1 of Daredevil is the best superhero translation on film. Ever.

Yeah the DD Netflix seasons are definately up there in quality.

Last edited:
Back