Marvel Studios Fantastic Four

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
VtOpbJE.jpg

This is the cream of the crop in all of the announcements. Jon Watts directing too.

Agreed, this is the best news out of the MCU related announcements.

Still hoping for the dream casting of John Krasinski (Mr Fantastic), Emily Blunt (Invisible Woman), Zac Efron (Human Torch) and Dwayne Johnson (The Thing).

Still hoping for the dream casting of John Krasinski (Mr Fantastic), Emily Blunt (Invisible Woman), Zac Efron (Human Torch) and Dwayne Johnson (The Thing).

Definitely agree on Krasinski and Blunt (wish Feige would have announced them as being cast). Efron is fine, but I think they should go younger and lesser known to appeal to a younger demo. The Rock would be perfect and is my top choice as well (used to be Terry Crews), but don't know if he'd sign on for a 95% voice/mo-cap role. Cena could also work.

After 20+ years, the pressure is on for Marvel to get FF and X-Men right.

That's be a waste of DJ to play a CGI character when he literally looks like a superhero in real life. He should play a live action character. Anyone can do the motion capture for The Thing.

This is the cream of the crop in all of the announcements. Jon Watts directing too.

Definitely agree on Krasinski and Blunt (wish Feige would have announced them as being cast). Efron is fine, but I think they should go younger and lesser known to appeal to a younger demo. The Rock would be perfect and is my top choice as well (used to be Terry Crews), but don't know if he'd sign on for a 95% voice/mo-cap role. Cena could also work.

That's be a waste of DJ to play a CGI character when he literally looks like a superhero in real life. He should play a live action character. Anyone can do the motion capture for The Thing.

SpiffyHauntingGuanaco-size_restricted.gif

Seriously, John Watts? Getting excited for John Watts? Director of Iron Boy? TASM2 was better. TASM2 people. Who even liked Iron Boy? Why would you even give him the F4? The book that's about literally mind-bending sci-fi and familial bonds? And literally normie twitter casting as the "dream casting"? ********* people, have you ever read any F4? I can come up with 10 other guys for Reed alone. He's not supposed to be a goofy dad. Proper Reed is a Chad WASP Doc Savage-like character. Yes, he's been increasingly goofy in recent years, but that's the exception. He's not an emotionless robot unless he closes off himself, but he's neither a scrawny geek nor a cringy quipster. Also, Terry Crews and the Rock (he's already Black Adam anyhow) for Grimm? For the ever-loving BLUE EYED Thing? Christ... Here's the real dream casting.

F4FC.jpg

I'm being rude, I know, but I've been waiting for this for years, practically the one thing I've been looking forward to, and it's not looking good.

Dunno about Doom. I can name 20 guys at this point.

Yea there is gonna be atleast someone of color in the cast . Mostly Sue or thing

I'd argue that there is less pressure on X-Men than there is on F4. High expectations and anticipation, yes, but not pressure to get it right.

I think the X-Men movie franchise is pretty good overall (minus a completely FUBAR'd timeline/continuity). Sure there's X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix... but then you have X-Men 2, First Class, Days of Future Past, Logan etc.

And the original movie that started the franchise (and the comic book movie renaissance); "X-Men". It's still a movie I enjoy to this day.

In fact, I think the dreadful 2015 Fant4stic was so abysmal that I even look at the 2005 and 2007 Tim Story F4 movies a lot more fondly than I previously did!

I wanted John Krasinski as Mr Fantastic, but now i really want John David Washington to play Reed Richards, the Disney's F4 will for sure have a black member, so why not put him as the leader of the F4.
John-David-Washington-Reed-Richards-Fantastic-Four-MCU-SR.jpg

No thanks. They should keep comic characters how they appear in the comics, white, black, asian, etc... stop changing them.

If they want non-white characters, maybe they should actually write them and create them and then push them instead of always replacing them. Plenty of room to keep the old and still bring in the new.

Miles Morales is a perfect example. One of my favorite characters and they didn?t just opt for the lazy take of black Peter Parker, they created a new interesting character, pushed him, and now he is a fan favorite with his own movies and video games. That?s what they need to do.

No thanks. They should keep comic characters how they appear in the comics, white, black, asian, etc... stop changing them.

If they want non-white characters, maybe they should actually write them and create them and then push them instead of always replacing them. Plenty of room to keep the old and still bring in the new.

Miles Morales is a perfect example. One of my favorite characters and they didn?t just opt for the lazy take of black Peter Parker, they created a new interesting character, pushed him, and now he is a fan favorite with his own movies and video games. That?s what they need to do.

The Reed Richards from Earth-65 is a black character, lets not forget that reed has his own multiverse thing as the Interdimensional Council of Reeds. The UCM Peter is a MIX of regular Peter and Miles, not to talk about Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury.
8z36hauaooy21.jpg

I am not really sure the necessity of having a shared universe at this point as it might be restricting the characters and subjugating them to each other and the over all build up crossover movie.

Like if they want to set up a fanatic four movie and they decide to do galactus storyline with the silver surfer first thing people are going to say were are the avengers why are they not helping.

Or if they decide to introduce the x men and show case that they are feared and are outcasts to society because of their powers then why are the avengers or spiderman beloved.

This connectivity just forces the to have to explain this inconsistency and plot holes.

It might have made sense with the first set of marvel movies since they naturally form the same avengers but beyond that why should the fantastic four or xmen parter up with the avengers and although the like to stick spiderman with that avengers but that is at the expense of his own universe with character and story archs like venom, zraven or green goblin and the sinister six.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Except when they do that, people like yourself proclaim that these new characters are Mary Sues or other such pejoratives

There already is a Black Reed; Blue Marvel. He's also Superman. And the first superhero, but dem evil racist whiteys made him give up the mantle. And Tony Stark was so mad at that, that he moved heaven and earth when he was Director of SHIELD to get to the bottom of it. And he turned a racist white woman good by being so damn awesome, and then married her. And he's 6'6". And he's the Godfather to Uatu's child because they're actually best friends (guess Galactus was taken). And his kids are both supergeniuses. And one of them turned into a Cosmic Abstract. And his nemesis is his old white friend who's just really mad that racism is a thing. Oh, and he can beat the **** out of King Hyperion and Sentry. Really, his weaknesses are that... uh... Nothing really. Great husband, great hero, great mentor. Great University Professor too. The closest thing to a "flaw" is that his youngest son just blamed him for his brother getting ****ed up in an experiment and becoming a literal Cosmic Abstract, so...

latest

Something out of this smells like self-insertion, but I can't just quite put my finger on it... For what it's worth, he's a milquetoast but entertaining character taken at isolation, backstory aside.

Just get Krasinki and Blunt and be done with it. That’s what people have been asking for for years.

While I do like when characters actually look like there comic counterparts I also don?t mind when they change the race of lesser known characters to make them more interesting.

While I do like when characters actually look like there comic counterparts I also don?t mind when they change the race of lesser known characters to make them more interesting.

So what you're saying is that white characters aren't as interesting, hmmmm......
Cinematic Marvel best not copy anything that has been done in the comics over the past decade of declining comic sales. Just go to what's proven, the classic Fantastic Four.

Sigh no I did t say that. I?m saying the lesser known white characters like pyro for example. If they turned him white who cares. Nobody really knows him. Or like the bridge guy from thor. Nobody cares. Now with someone like Peter Parker it would stick out cause he?s also been seen in the media as a white guy but honestly I don?t read marvel or DC cause of the race of the characters. Defeats the point of what I?m reading. I just look at them as characters with amazing stories and if there is a black or person of color hero then that?s welcome but I don?t get pressed to much cause I believe we have so many black characters we don?t use and or we can make new characters

Back