MARVEL' S Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That fight scene in the beginning was amazing. One of the best in the MCU. Better than anything in ZSJL.

I?m such a sucker for Bucky?s story during this season. This scene got me a little misty-eyed:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This would NOT have worked:

Isaiah: ?Slavery was bad don?t get me wrong but America just wasn?t ready for a black Captain America in the 50?s so I just layed low and besides I was still dealing with my own personal demons anyways from being incarcerated.?

Sam: ?Sorry about that Isaiah I really am but white Cap didn?t put you in jail and ruin your life I can?t give up on America I know now what I need to do!?

This DID work:

Isaiah: ?Being wronged, lied too and abused by a white controlled government destroyed me they erased my history I would never have taken that shield to defend an America that has done evil for 500 years you are betraying your own kind if you take up that shield Sam!?

Sam: ?Sorry about that Isaiah I really am but white Cap didn?t put you in jail and ruin your life I can?t give up on America I know now what I need to do!?

Isiah had to lay it on thick against the white man for Sam?s decision to be more powerful.

Walker really was kicking both there ass at the beginning tho

I think this is because Walker was out to kill them while Bucky and Sam just wanted to disarm and arrest him.

I thought

Spoiler Spoiler:

So my take on this Zemo is that he isn't inherently evil. He looks more like a mislead anti-hero so it is extremely possible that:
Spoiler Spoiler:

I loved that scene. Actually I loved all the scenes with Bucky in the episode. This is the most we've seen of Bucky's personality in the MCU.

Spoiler Spoiler:

That fight scene in the beginning was amazing. One of the best in the MCU. Better than anything in ZSJL.

Gizmodo called the last part the "thank gawd Starlord isn't here to mess this up" moment LOL.

I'd forgotten how much everyone hated Quill for being responsible for the death of half the universe.:monkey3

This is coming from someone who actually enjoys MOS/BvS/ZSJL so this is not about mocking the DCEU but the emotional weight being given to Bucky along with SS acting is so far more sophisticated, adult and edgy than anything ZS and Terrio were able to come with for Batman and Superman.

Bucky feels like a real person and him dealing with his past has been sensational and next episode will be hard to watch.

Who ever thought coming from TWS and CW that Bucky would become a real living person.

Then add the Sam angle of dealing with the Cap legacy which has been handled with great care and respect and we are now recognizing what really is sophisticated adult drama at least for something coming out of Disney meant for families.

Hell the over use of the boat repair felt boring and a waste of valuable time until you realize it represents a metaphor of what is going on with the Cap legacy.

Well technically I fully agree with Ducky in the sense of the emotional weight behind their fight you could feel the tension of their arcs playing out

That being said I do love me these from the DCEU:

BvS Warehouse
ZSJL WW Bank (was it a bank I don?t remember because she blew out the building facade lol)
Superman beatdown of SW
Superman beatdown of JL
BvS Batman vs Superman
MOS Superman vs Kryptonians

While last night's episode was a bit of a slog, it still worked in the overall arc of the show.

What didn't work for me was the "Baroness". While the character may be okay, the stunt casting of JLD playing the snarky princess was boring and just sucked the life out of the scene. She is more of a celebrity personality than an actual actress and her presence was distracting.

Also thought Zemo's "fate" was an odd choice and very anticlimactic. Hope there's more to it next week.
They have a lot of loose ends to tie up...have a feeling we're going to see a lot of unanswered questions as many of these plot threads may end up spinning into different MCU projects down the road. Was hoping for a complete story with this show. We'll see...

That is a very fair and accurate review

Yup I hate stunt casting might as well just been Stan Lee because his cameos instantly took me out of the movies.

One thing I forgot all about that caught my attention, I've just remembered..

Latvia and Latveria - What's the difference?

Not familiar with all the geographical locations to the east.

One is a real country, the other is not.

Haven't yet seen the latest episode and for the life of me I can't figure out what the initials JLD stand for.

OK, technically it's J L-D. Also yada yada yada. Does that help?

If you really don?t care about spoilers it?s the out of left field weird cameo by the Jarvis Live Decoy aka White Vision.

:lol

Back