MARVEL' S Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, technically it's J L-D. Also yada yada yada. Does that help?

I assume yada yada yada is also a clue but no.

I'll watch it later and maybe have myself a :slap moment at how I didn't know. Unless it's a reality TV star or something in which case I'll take pride in my ignorance :lol

I assume yada yada yada is also a clue but no.

I'll watch it later and maybe have myself a :slap moment at how I didn't know. Unless it's a reality TV star or something in which case I'll take pride in my ignorance :lol

Not a reality star but mostly known for TV as opposed to film. But still a VERY well known (& award winning) star, so yeah, you likely will have that :slap moment. :lol

I'll admit, I didn't know that actress before this.

I like Agents of SHIELD's Madame Hydra better:

madame.png

They don't cast Eva Green as Madame HYDRA/Viper. They don't cast John Cena as Walker Cap. They rushed the entire damn Walker arc so we could have 40 minutes of white guilt and boat building. Teenage Flagsmashers continue to be the worst superhero villains ever. Sam trades hits with JOHN WALKER and walks away without a scratch? :slap

They have Zemo and Batroc, why is Enfys Nest girl in this at all?? Whatever. This whole series feels like a basketball or football game where one team runs up the score and then clears the bench to let the second, third, and fourth stringers get some time to play on the field. Glad that a lot of people seem to be enjoying this but I think I'm still good with just having the Infinity Saga and calling it a day.

There is only one thing that bugs me with Sam having the shield and it has nothing to do with character morality or even thematically and more so to do with physicality.

By having a non-super soldier human being able to catch a fast spinning shield bare handed without ripping their hands off completely eliminates the specialness of needing a super soldier to handle the shield in that manner to begin with.

Well in the comics Cap was nowhere near as enhanced as he was in the MCU. The serum just gave him "peak human speed, strength, and agility" but not superhuman strength. The MCU shield is downright terrifying and I'd duck too if that thing was coming at me regardless of whether it was me who threw it or not, lol.

Well in the comics Cap was nowhere near as enhanced as he was in the MCU. The serum just gave him "peak human speed, strength, and agility" but not superhuman strength. The MCU shield is downright terrifying and I'd duck too if that thing was coming at me regardless of whether it was me who threw it or not, lol.

And not to nitpick, but the difference between Sam throwing it vs. Bucky or John throwing it should be akin to my fastball vs. Aroldis Chapman's fastball. And I'm at the point where I'm not sure if I can even throw my age in MPH. :lol

They don't cast Eva Green as Madame HYDRA/Viper. They don't cast John Cena as Walker Cap. They rushed the entire damn Walker arc so we could have 40 minutes of white guilt and boat building. Teenage Flagsmashers continue to be the worst superhero villains ever. Sam trades hits with JOHN WALKER and walks away without a scratch? :slap

They have Zemo and Batroc, why is Enfys Nest girl in this at all?? Whatever. This whole series feels like a basketball or football game where one team runs up the score and then clears the bench to let the second, third, and fourth stringers get some time to play on the field. Glad that a lot of people seem to be enjoying this but I think I'm still good with just having the Infinity Saga and calling it a day.

Well there it is.

Here is my overall D+ score so far:

1. Mando S2
2. Mando S1
3. FWS
4.WV

:lol :lol

MCU Cap held back an 83% powered IG for 5 seconds :yess:

Well there it is.

Here is my overall D+ score so far:

1. Mando S2
2. Mando S1
3. FWS
4.WV

Yeah Mando S2 is insanely rewatchable. I can watch Robert Rodriguez iPhone footage of Fett blasting Stormies any day of the week, lol. No way will I revisit anything from D+ MCU so far. My favorite bits of this latest episode were Walker talking to Lemar's family and yes probably JLD's chat with Walker. She might have been distracting but she was really fun to watch.

I still can't believe that with the vastness of long form streaming narratives they took a multiyear run like the "Cap No More" storyline and truncated it to a mere side story crammed into barely four episodes. And the "Truth" storyline was way after I was done collecting comics but I remember skimming it back in the day and if I was a fan of that story I'd probably be annoyed at how THAT was handled too. No flashbacks? Just an old guy summarizing what happened in his living room? Imagine if they handled Infinity War that way and just had Old Steve sitting on the bench telling Sam "Yeah, that bastard turned half my buddies to dust, including you. I had to disappear into another timeline and I'm never coming back into the real world. If you have any respect for yourself at all you'll never join the Avengers." *end credits*

lol

MCU Cap held back an 83% powered IG for 5 seconds :yess:

:lol :yess:

In the comics Steve actually *needed* his shield but in the MCU he's all "ha a full power blast from ULTRON? I'll just absorb it with my abs..."

;)

Yeah Mando S2 is insanely rewatchable. I can watch Robert Rodriguez iPhone footage of Fett blasting Stormies any day of the week, lol. No way will I revisit anything from D+ MCU so far. My favorite bits of this latest episode were Walker talking to Lemar's family and yes probably JLD's chat with Walker. She might have been distracting but she was really fun to watch.

I still can't believe that with the vastness of long form streaming narratives they took a multiyear run like the "Cap No More" storyline and truncated it to a mere side story crammed into barely four episodes. And the "Truth" storyline was way after I was done collecting comics but I remember skimming it back in the day and if I was a fan of that story I'd probably be annoyed at how THAT was handled too. No flashbacks? Just an old guy summarizing what happened in his living room? Imagine if they handled Infinity War that way and just had Old Steve sitting on the bench telling Sam "Yeah, that bastard turned half my buddies to dust, including you. I had to disappear into another timeline and I'm never coming back into the real world. If you have any respect for yourself at all you'll never join the Avengers." *end credits*

lol

:lol :yess

In the comics Steve actually *needed* his shield but in the MCU he's all "ha a full power blast from ULTRON? I'll just absorb it with my abs..."

;)

Dude i’m dying lol

Agreed, the series is disappointing for the most part. Plus, if you are in Minnesota, you probably see these Flag Smashers on the local news every night :lol

Dude i’m dying lol

How is it that with all of his resources and genius intellect Zemo repeatedly goes off the grid only to have Sam and Bucky be all "well time to round him up again" and then he's caught five minutes later while stupid emo terrorist girl is always "hey look over there!" and then poof GONE until she *wants* to be found. :slap

Agreed, the series is disappointing for the most part. Plus, if you are in Minnesota, you probably see these Flag Smashers on the local news every night :lol

Pretty much. :lol

John Cena????? :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I'll take Wyatt Russell over him any day of the week. At least he can act.

How is it that with all of his resources and genius intellect Zemo repeatedly goes off the grid only to have Sam and Bucky be all "well time to round him up again" and then he's caught five minutes later while stupid emo terrorist girl is always "hey look over there!" and then poof GONE until she *wants* to be found. :slap

I’m super stoked for Disney’s adaptation of LOTR into a one episode fire side discussion:yess:

John Cena????? :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I'll take Wyatt Russell over him any day of the week. At least he can act.

Cena's an action figure come to life though. Sure Russell can act but this series desperately needs more spectacle and less memes, lol.

I’m super stoked for Disney’s adaptation of LOTR into a one episode fire side discussion:yess:

:lol :lol

Quick question...I'm not a comic nerd so may be missing something.
How can Falcon take on Super powered characters??? He is just a regular dude with wings right??

Back