MARVEL' S Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably that "cameo":
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah that was the first thing that crossed my mind, but

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah that was the first thing that crossed my mind, but

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yes, probably the last one especially since:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Maybe not helped by being up at 3:30 in the morning, but - this episode wasn't for me. I'm all for character development but:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Maybe I'll feel differently re-watching and not at 4 in the morning.:dunno

I guess you can also count me in the minority who weren't too impressed with episode 5. Enjoyed episodes 3 and 4 a lot more.

This was easily the worst episode. A bunch of race guilt tripping was laid on so thick I couldn't enjoy the episode. It just lead back around to what was covered in previous episodes like with Isiah and the boat issues. To me it is the "cost-effective" episode where you reuse previous sets/locations and do a bunch of talking. Overall arc wise, the writing was just going in circles and only a few moments actually was leading to something. And Zemo....wtf!

Spoiler Spoiler:

This was easily the worst episode. A bunch of race guilt tripping was laid on so thick I couldn't enjoy the episode. It just lead back around to what was covered in previous episodes like with Isiah and the boat issues. To me it is the "cost-effective" episode where you reuse previous sets/locations and do a bunch of talking. Overall arc wise, the writing was just going in circles and only a few moments actually was leading to something. And Zemo....wtf!

Spoiler Spoiler:

In my head I've started thinking of certain film moments that I think are the writer or director being self indulgent and usually overdoing a message as "pulling a Whedon":thwak. Generally has a split opinion from the fan base. But it does cover a writer or director who I think is talented but forgets to self-edit and/or forgets that less is more. For me includes:

1) Whedon Ultron farmhouse stuff and NatBruce;
2) IW girl power scene;
3) Insulting comments in BP and IW
4) Joe Russo in IW;
5) Captain Marvel and the Avengers name (and a whole lot of other stuff)
5) And now FWS; as well as

Spoiler Spoiler:

But, for me that's what the fast forward and skip buttons are for. Even better, with a series u can skip entire episodes.:chug

Wont be able to take Sam seriously as "Captain America" unless he takes the serum, which he wont.

In my head I've started thinking of certain film moments that I think are the writer or director being self indulgent and usually overdoing a message as "pulling a Whedon":thwak. Generally has a split opinion from the fan base. But it does cover a writer or director who I think is talented but forgets to self-edit and/or forgets that less is more. For me includes:

1) Whedon Ultron farmhouse stuff and NatBruce;
2) IW girl power scene;
3) Insulting comments in BP and IW
4) Joe Russo in IW;
5) Captain Marvel and the Avengers name (and a whole lot of other stuff)
5) And now FWS; as well as

Spoiler Spoiler:

But, for me that's what the fast forward and skip buttons are for. Even better, with a series u can skip entire episodes.:chug

I honestly think you might have missed the entire point of Sam’s conversation with Isaiah which was Sam not buying into his on the nose message about America’s history with slavery and problem with racism when Sam specifically told him that Steve did not put him in jail and he was not going to succumb to that same ideology that was inflicting Isaiah.

Which I did with the last boat portion with his sister! Thought Isiah might reveal something else, but just bitterness, which we got in the first scene with him.

Wont be able to take Sam seriously as "Captain America" unless he takes the serum, which he wont.

Not sure how anyone can catch that shield coming at you without super strength.

I honestly think you might have missed the entire point of Sam’s conversation with Isaiah which was Sam not buying into his on the nose message about America’s history with slavery and problem with racism when Sam specifically told him that Steve did not put him in jail and he was not going to succumb to that same ideology that was inflicting Isaiah.

Isn't that what happened in the first scene with him? Writing seemed repetitive on that and a waste of time in revisiting that. 80% of the episode was a repetitive waste anyway.

I honestly think you might have missed the entire point of Sam?s conversation with Isaiah which was Sam not buying into his on the nose message about America?s history with slavery and problem with racism when Sam specifically told him that Steve did not put him in jail and he was not going to succumb to that same ideology that was inflicting Isaiah.

Isn't that what happened in the first scene with him? Writing seemed repetitive on that and a waste of time in revisiting that. 80% of the episode was a repetitive waste anyway.

In the first Isaiah scene Sam was simply stunned that he even existed; there was no processing of I's experiences/suffering/sacrifice or deciding how/if that would impact Sam's decision regarding taking up the shield. This time Sam had the chance to talk with Isaiah in a more calm setting, and in his chat with his sister afterward Sam indicated that buying into Isaiah's bitterness would have meant all his suffering was for nothing. Just like his advice to Bucky, he wasn't going to let his actions be defined by what someone else tells him.

I honestly think you might have missed the entire point of Sam?s conversation with Isaiah which was Sam not buying into his on the nose message about America?s history with slavery and problem with racism when Sam specifically told him that Steve did not put him in jail and he was not going to succumb to that same ideology that was inflicting Isaiah.

Nah, actually, I got that. And if I really wanted to super analyze (my opinion only) - it's an appropriate narrative from a certain point of view, spinning a bridge from bitterness/wrongness in history to the next generation having a reason to move beyond that - e.g. be a leader for all people.

From another point of view, I think Spellman went overboard with the messaging; and I always question any artist/writer/director when they do that. E.g., what is your purpose? To make a statement, to educate, or to change things?

Because, if you push to the point where (some) folks tune out, then what is the end result? Or does the creator of the work even care?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Anyway, I don't like things that I feel are blatant, or pounding me in the head about stuff I already know (like any number of ugly real life historical incidents). Or stuff I feel is out of character. Same as I felt about Cap not talking to Bucky or Sam in IW - for whatever reason, something happened that doesn't compute, but the director or writer does it anyway. The Fury eye thing. Now, for me, in this series there's stuff that doesn't compute.
But hey, there's the fast forward and skip buttons; and we got Zemo and a stellar John Walker, as well as Sharon. Things could be a LOT worse:chug.

This episode was a big snooze for me.

I was expecting a lot more out of these longer final episodes.

In the first Isaiah scene Sam was simply stunned that he even existed; there was no processing of I's experiences/suffering/sacrifice or deciding how/if that would impact Sam's decision regarding taking up the shield. This time Sam had the chance to talk with Isaiah in a more calm setting, and in his chat with his sister afterward Sam indicated that buying into Isaiah's bitterness would have meant all his suffering was for nothing. Just like his advice to Bucky, he wasn't going to let his actions be defined by what someone else tells him.

Yeah, I get what Spellman was doing. But

Spoiler Spoiler:

Disney ain’t got nothing on Amazon who just reported that just ONE season of LOTR will now cost 715 million that includes the cost of buying the official rights to the the property.

Umm

:thud:

Yeah, I get what Spellman was doing. But

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back