MARVEL' S Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
933446951061dd8225cbe919fb33717f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:rotfl That's a good one! :rotfl

https://heroichollywood.com/ed-brubaker-the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-sickened-ads/

But Ed Brubaker also confessed that he made more from his Screen Actors Guild residuals for a cameo in Captain America: The Winter Soldier than he does for creating Bucky?s new persona. Ed Brubaker also explained that seeing ads for The Falcon and The Winter Soldier (which lifts specific elements from his run) makes him ?feel sick.?

?I remember sitting in that movie and just remembering this Jack Kirby ulcer growing in my stomach going, ?This is what it felt like, kid. When I see ads for [The Falcon and The Winter Soldier], it actually makes me feel sick to my stomach.?

TBH I don't know enough about the creation of comics to really give an educated opinion - at least before "vanity publishing" became a thing and anyone can put slap something together and "publish". (Tho I've read indy authors that IMO are so good (not many) that they deserve to be published.)

Like, if bringing Bucky back from the dead had been a complete flop, would Brubaker care, or just hope folks forget about the whole thing? I kinda feel the same about the MCU films being a success and then everyone wants to get on the gravy train.

On the other hand, if Brubaker & co. hadn't taken a risk, there'd be no Winter Soldier that I'm a fan of.:(

Was Mr. Brubaker paid a weekly salary while working at the corporation that owns the rights to these characters if so then what is the problem.

He should’ve stayed home and created the character instead of going to work for a corporation if he wanted full ownership in the future.

Tell him to speak with Todd McFarlane.

Comic book creators are dumb business men lol

Last edited:
Was Mr. Brubaker paid a weekly salary while working at the corporation that owns the rights to these characters if so then what is the problem.

He should’ve stayed home and created the character instead of going to work for a corporation if he wanted full ownership in the future.

Guess it especially sux if u pull off something that's a big NO in comics - when a character is dead, they're dead - and it ends up such a classic run and THEN your work is essentially making a lot of folks a whole lot of money. Except you.

But how do u predict something like that - way back Ironman 1 could've been a forgettable flop too, instead of kicking off the MCU. Heck RDJ had to talk them into using him since he was older than they originally planned for the character.

I think the thing is, how much money is enough? He had a helluva run with Marvel and is one of the best comic writers of all time. Are you supposed to get paid for every iteration of WS or just when he is in big budget productions? I don't know the financials of any of this, but where does it begin and end? The guy is supposedly a millionaire, he can feel the way he feels, but I don't feel sorry for him.

I think the thing is, how much money is enough? He had a helluva run with Marvel and is one of the best comic writers of all time. Are you supposed to get paid for every iteration of WS or just when he is in big budget productions? I don't know the financials of any of this, but where does it begin and end? The guy is supposedly a millionaire, he can feel the way he feels, but I don't feel sorry for him.

Good question. Also even if Marvel wanted to do something retroactively finance-wise, can see that opens a whole mess where anyone who inked a comic or had a conversation at Marvel could start claiming credit (e.g. money).

Maybe he's mad at himself too for not getting better terms in the first place, but how do you know that you are going to have a success ahead of time? If TWS had bombed or everyone hated the film version of the Winter Soldier it wouldn't even be an issue.

It'd be more like George Lucas pretending he never made that Christmas Special.:monkey3

EVS is getting paid for the characters from his Green Lantern run

Episode 5 is fantastic. So relieved after a lacklustre first few episodes that it is ending stronger. An hour exactly including credits. Much better writing in 4 and 5.

Episode 5 is some of the best TV I've watched in a long time. Like genuinely really well done, and I think this episode really pulls the show together more tightly than before. It'll be good to watch the show all the way through in one go.

There is only one thing that bugs me with Sam having the shield and it has nothing to do with character morality or even thematically and more so to do with physicality.

By having a non-super soldier human being able to catch a fast spinning shield bare handed without ripping their hands off completely eliminates the specialness of needing a super soldier to handle the shield in that manner to begin with.

Last edited:
There is only one thing that bugs me with Sam having the shield and it has nothing to do with character morality and more so to do with physicality.

By having a non-super soldier human being able to catch a fast spinning shield bare handed without ripping their hands off completely eliminates the specialness of needing a super soldier to handle the shield in that manner to begin with.

Yeah, at least his training montage demonstrated that it's something he'll need to constantly practice in order to hone his skills. Hopefully they don't show him using it perfectly going forward. Then again, there's always the possibility that Bucky had the Wakandans incorporate something into his new outfit (like the AoU era magnets) that make catching it easier for him.

Overall I loved the episode. Their showdown with Walker wasn't anything special, but their one-on-one time was really well done and finally gave some depth to their relationship - i.e., it's no longer just because they were Steve's sidekicks. And JLD was so damn good - I don't know where they'll go with that character, but I'm on board for the ride. And the one thing I absolutely want to find out next week is

Spoiler Spoiler:

There is only one thing that bugs me with Sam having the shield and it has nothing to do with character morality or even thematically and more so to do with physicality.

What I took from it is that he probably couldn't catch it thrown by Steve and I assumed that Bucky was dialing back when they were "playing catch". Since he's the one throwing it, there's less velocity on the return and he's able to catch it. Plus, his arm ripping off at the start of the training montage would've been a "roll credits" moment. :)

Yeah, at least his training montage demonstrated that it's something he'll need to constantly practice in order to hone his skills. Hopefully they don't show him using it perfectly going forward. Then again, there's always the possibility that Bucky had the Wakandans incorporate something into his new outfit (like the AoU era magnets) that make catching it easier for him.

Overall I loved the episode. Their showdown with Walker wasn't anything special, but their one-on-one time was really well done and finally gave some depth to their relationship - i.e., it's no longer just because they were Steve's sidekicks. And JLD was so damn good - I don't know where they'll go with that character, but I'm on board for the ride. And the one thing I absolutely want to find out next week is

Spoiler Spoiler:

Plus will we get more Zemo because showing him escaping in the last episode was kind of an important moment so to just end it the way they did it in this episode was rather anti-climatic wouldn’t you say lol

What I took from it is that he probably couldn't catch it thrown by Steve and I assumed that Bucky was dialing back when they were "playing catch". Since he's the one throwing it, there's less velocity on the return and he's able to catch it. Plus, his arm ripping off at the start of the training montage would've been a "roll credits" moment. :)

Fair enough I guess...

jye still folds arm in disbelief

Spoiler Spoiler:

Probably that "cameo":
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back