Marvel Merchandise: Quantity vs. Quality

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you prefer Quality or Quantity in a Marvel Line?

• Highest quality possible with only core Marvel character representation

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • High quality with A and/or B (possibly C) list Marvel character representation

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • Moderate quality with a large selection (including the more obscure names) of Marvel characters

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Who cares about quality! Just give me a full roster of the Marvel universe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Also, speaking from a male perspective....it's definately the sculpt of a "bust" that's important and not so much the size :naughty

I think the size, sculpt, and jiggle factor are all important to me when considering a bust. :lightsabe

Did everyone see the new promo for the first Bowen diorama???

800px-Marvel-character-composit.jpg

Is that a joke??? Seriously? Cause that would be pretty cool if they could do a dio with everyone.

Personally, THIS is the dio I would LOVE to see!

Edited for content:
watermark.php

Note Stan The Man giving a nice one finger salute!!:rotfl:rotfl

Last edited:
I agree that there are many top notch Bowen pieces! And I dont think an argument between quality and quantity has to be a debate between Bowen or Sideshow being the best. I used them as an example, betcause (IMO) they are the major players as far as high end Marvel Statues. Bowen being a company that has the market as far as Quantity of characters covered, and Sideshow having a good number of "Grail" quality statues with relatively fewer character offerings.

At Wizard world Philly this year Bowen statues were a dime a dozen (obviously not in the literal sense), while Sideshow pieces were fairly under-represented). After seeing many of the Bowen pieces in person (characters that have Sideshow counterparts)...the Bowen pieces just lacked the "WOW" factor in many cases. Essentially its the difference between a pretty girl and a Super Model. Some every day girls have a better "sculpt" and are more attractive...but they just dont have that something extra that you can't put your finger on.

I also wan't to point out that when I speak of Quality, I'm not talking about the Quality control issues, or Paint app issues (with which sideshow can have issues!). Im speaking about paint color choices, over all sculpt, base detail and desirability.

To each his own. Since I began hunting down bowen statues, ive found that there are just as many "grails" as sideshow. Try finding a chrome silver surfer or red daredevil, classic iron man, modern thor, classic cap, etc, for retail anymore. Granted, Sideshow marvel and bowen marvel are in different price points, but when a 14" bowen thor statue is selling for a few bucks under a sideshow PF and is getting harder and harder to find, you can't tell me that sideshow has more desirability considering that the edition sizes on bowen pieces are usually double or triple that of the sideshow edition sizes.

As for the base details and sculpt, of course sideshow is going to be ahead in this area. Youre working with a much larger scale, you are able to make it that much more detailed.

To each his own. Since I began hunting down bowen statues, ive found that there are just as many "grails" as sideshow. Try finding a chrome silver surfer or red daredevil, classic iron man, modern thor, classic cap, etc, for retail anymore. Granted, Sideshow marvel and bowen marvel are in different price points, but when a 14" bowen thor statue is selling for a few bucks under a sideshow PF and is getting harder and harder to find, you can't tell me that sideshow has more desirability considering that the edition sizes on bowen pieces are usually double or triple that of the sideshow edition sizes.

As for the base details and sculpt, of course sideshow is going to be ahead in this area. Youre working with a much larger scale, you are able to make it that much more detailed.

Well said bro :rock

Some very cool Bowen pieces for sure but I too (for myself) see no appeal in anything smaller than 1/4 or 1:1 (who cares about space :D)

Back