1/6 MARVEL Future Fight - 1/6th scale The Punisher (War Machine Armor) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 1/6 Punisher 2

I semi-agree but the fact that they did an all new headsculpt on this says a whole lot to me. A much easier thing would've been to just not provide a headsculpt at all and it would've sold almost as well I bet.

I'm trying to compare pics but there appears to be a bunch of remolding of parts too unless I'm mistaken. They didn't just slap a skull on there and call it a day.

Yes, that's fair. The head sculpt is a nice surprise.

But on the flip side of that coin, there's no likeness they had to achieve. They didn't have to capture an actor's likeness, which I imagine meant fewer revisions, and easier approval process. So it was probably not a massive time investment for them, which likely tipped the scales towards "let's go ahead and include it."

Re: Hot Toys Future Fight The Punisher (War Machine Armor)

It really doesn't. That's an entirely new figure from head to toe. That's a pretty big leap from what amounts to mostly a repaint.

I disagree. They produce new figures constantly. But it makes sense to start conservative and go from there. They design new figures for video games, so this could be testing the waters. See how their non-MCU Marvel figures might sell.

Iron Man/ War Machines are the bread and butter of hot toys. Armored figures for them sell well globally. Dr. Doom probably would sell well just for that fact alone, since he is just another variation of a robot looking dude.

Holy crap this is incredible! One of my favorite modern storylines! I dont usually do HT Marvel stuff, but this might have to end up in my collection.

So awesome! I hope they continue making comic books based figures. I need a Wolverine!

We'll have to wait and see what happens with this line, but I'm not spending $400+ on it.

I would absolutely spend $400 on it if I knew for a fact it meant more Future Fight characters. For a one off, then I totally agree.

True, but there has to be some realistic managing of expectations, too. Because people tend to get too attached to what they THINK is coming, and then they get legitimately UPSET when it doesn't come. ;) They feel like they were cheated out of something they had convinced themselves was going to be given to them.

I can’t feel bad. Hot Toys basically told us what it was with the Teaser pic AND caption but people just wanna act too smart/overthink the simplest things sometimes.

The Witcher 3

God Of War

RDR

Metal Gear

Any other game

But no, here: another repaint of WM for the ****ing 1000th time. Who asks for this trash?

Who even plays this garbage?

I might get this:blissy

Don’t know anything about this story line or game, but I like Punisher and War Machine.

Wow that came out incredible!!! I’m deff buying that as my punisher figure

I don't own either a war machine or punisher, so probably getting this. The IW War Machine looks pretty sweet, but this one might be the one.

But we will also see what A4 brings as well.

I don't own either a war machine or punisher, so probably getting this. The IW War Machine looks pretty sweet, but this one might be the one.

But we will also see what A4 brings as well.

I preordered the Mark 4 WM thinking it'd be my only one, haha, there's egg on my face now!

I disagree. They produce new figures constantly. But it makes sense to start conservative and go from there. They design new figures for video games, so this could be testing the waters. See how their non-MCU Marvel figures might sell.

Iron Man/ War Machines are the bread and butter of hot toys. Armored figures for them sell well globally. Dr. Doom probably would sell well just for that fact alone, since he is just another variation of a robot looking dude.

It's not about producing a new figure, it's about producing a new figure with NO hype to build up sales. Now I know that this forum is filled with people who have read comic books since they were kids and all they want are faitful adaptations of those spandex costumes in figure form. But Hot Toys has built its business off of highly detailed figures with lots of blockbuster gravitas behind them. Dr Doom from a mobile game is not that. Nor is Dr Doom a guaranteed hit because "Asia loves 'robot looking dudes." Iron Man sells really well in Asia because of the movies.

HT has dabbled in variations of existing products (character concepts and repaints, etc), because there's still a direct connection to the original franchise, and frankly it costs them very little to expiriment in this way; the R&D is already done for the most part. But what you're talking about is, head to toe, a new figure with all new molds and (let's be honest) NO hype to sell it.

I'm not saying its impossible; clearly nobody knows what HT plans except for HT. But I do think that assuming this is anything more than an opportunity to reuse their MK3 molds is premature.

I can’t feel bad. Hot Toys basically told us what it was with the Teaser pic AND caption but people just wanna act too smart/overthink the simplest things sometimes.

You said it exactly. So glad this figure is happening!

First Marvel figure in a while that will be an instant purchase for me. I hope that they continue making more video game and comic-based figures.

I would gladly replace the majority of my MCU figures in a heartbeat if there were quality comic-based representations available for each character.

Hmm...a Future Fight line AND an additional head sculpt. Well, color me surprised! I guarantee you NO ONE saw that coming! Not even our dead friend...

EvilSpryDegu-small.gif

The Witcher 3

God Of War

RDR

Metal Gear

Any other game

But no, here: another repaint of WM for the ****ing 1000th time. Who asks for this trash?

Who even plays this garbage?

I personally write to Hot Toys over a thousand times using your name to request this specific figure and to ask them to never make anything else from any other video game.

Back