Marvel Fakes on EBay Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hulk Vs Spidey Fake on EBay

we have reported the counterfeiter but as far as the warehouse that is letting this happen, i have no idea what is going on with them.

There are 4 or 5 sellers on ebay selling them . . .

Did you guys report them all ? We can get a list together if you need it . .

I wouldn't buy anything that is sourced from Taiwan, Phillipines, Hong Kong, and now a certain seller in LA.

I wouldn't buy anything that is sourced from Taiwan, Phillipines, Hong Kong, and now a certain seller in LA.

Yeah I've seen listings on eBay from those places and thats all it takes for me, I'm OUT, not watchn dat auction!

What is this crap --> https://cgi.ebay.com/THANOS-STATUE-...2&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14.l1318#ebayphotohosting

Why even take a pic like that then, I guess so he can show the size amongst others, eh... not for sure...

He does have a lot of other SSCC statues as well.... Mary Jane, Black Cat, Emma????

His IM, is the same one that someone was saying that the paint was off and he was blaming it on the camera that he had!!!

That same seller is selling AH Mary Jane, Black Cat, and White Queen. I really hope these aren't the next recasts.

He also has a Sentinell and a Chrome Colossus. Wasn't there a thread about someone here trying to sell those same items, and it was found they were recasts and he was banned? Related, hmmm....?

looks as though i may be the latest vic. bought one of him about 2 weeks ago. wish i had known about these fake recasts before then. just found this site about a week ago.
this is what i sent him yesterday.

hello, me again, would like to know if this item is actually an authentic sideshow diorama, as it was stated in your auction listing?? if item is an authentic sideshow product then please forward item asap.
thank you.

ps. if item is not an actual sideshow item, and if you have not actually ship item yet,(as it would appear, since the tracking number you gave me, would not work). then please forward a full refund to my paypal account and i will put this matter behind me. if this item does show up, and it had been misrepresented as an authentic sideshow item, i will be logging a dispute with ebay, paypal, and if that does not work then with my credit card company, so that they can work for me and with hold funds. again, only if said item turns out to be a reproduced product and not an authentic sideshow product as you stated in your auction.
i hope to hear from you in regards to this matter. and if item is authentic and has been shipped, then
thank you

and this is his reply.
Hello,

All my auctioned items were authentic & not fake. I'm not selling fakes or recast.

You can check the tracking when its already there in your country.

I would take 2-3 weeks to arrived there. Your item was shipped last week.

Please be patient.

Joel

Attached is the pic of the package of your item before i left it out at the post office before.

so i guess we'll wait and see.

looks as though i may be the latest vic. bought one of him about 2 weeks ago. wish i had known about these fake recasts before then. just found this site about a week ago.

hello, me again, would like to know if this item is actually an authentic sideshow diorama, as it was stated in your auction listing?? if item is an authentic sideshow product then please forward item asap.
thank you.

ps. if item is not an actual sideshow item, and if you have not actually ship item yet,(as it would appear, since the tracking number you gave me, would not work). then please forward a full refund to my paypal account and i will put this matter behind me. if this item does show up, and it had been misrepresented as an authentic sideshow item, i will be logging a dispute with ebay, paypal, and if that does not work then with my credit card company, so that they can work for me and with hold funds. again, only if said item turns out to be a reproduced product and not an authentic sideshow product as you stated in your auction.
i hope to hear from you in regards to this matter. and if item is authentic and has been shipped, then
thank you

and this is his reply.
Hello,

All my auctioned items were authentic & not fake. I'm not selling fakes or recast.

Please be patient.

Joel

Attached is the pic of the package of your item before i left it out at the post office before.

Interesting. Please be sure to keep us updated here as to what you receive, pics if possible. After that response, it sounds like he is selling the real deal, but I would be willing to bet it's not genuine. This seller has several SS items in stock, including the most popular fakes as well as several others that I've heard no fakes of, so now I'm really curious.

thank you.

thank you

and this is his reply.
Hello,

Please be patient.

Joel

So he's taken a lil bit to ship it, about two weeks, any other notions besides us listing him as a fake seller has he given you on items or e-mail statements?

nothing from him, but my ebay search keeps emailing new items of sideshow hulk, and i have noticed since my purchase that he has had a couple more of the statues up for auction, one at buy it now for $900, and another one for regular auction.
so that makes 3 available in just a couple of weeks that i know of.
seems a little suspicious.

i know now that i should of asked for actual pics of item, but then he could also has some pics from someone elses statue, or have pics from another auction, from which he could of requested pics himself, and then just use them to represent his statue.
damn, it's just getting to easy to get scr ewed over now a days. lol

but i'll wait and see, maybe i'll get lucky and it will be legit.

I once talked to a dealer from California on eBay that had 6 Dr. Doom Exclusives, after he told me that I totally backed off, there's just no way... He was telling me about having 6 sideshow accounts and that he was a collector for 10 years... I just felt so much doubt in this guy, plus he didn't write proper English and I know that doesn't matter but that gives some of kind of legitimacy to me for some reason...

So I went with another guy that could provide me pics and was more than happy to answer any questions that I had, even gave me his phone number and told me to call him about the Dr. Doom Exclusive, he was from IN. (You can definitely tell when someone is willing to give you all the answers and provide you valid pics that you've asked for at the drop of a hat and plus the communication factor).

nothing from him, but my ebay search keeps emailing new items of sideshow hulk, and i have noticed since my purchase that he has had a couple more of the statues up for auction, one at buy it now for $900, and another one for regular auction.
so that makes 3 available in just a couple of weeks that i know of.
seems a little suspicious.

i know now that i should of asked for actual pics of item, but then he could also has some pics from someone elses statue, or have pics from another auction, from which he could of requested pics himself, and then just use them to represent his statue.
damn, it's just getting to easy to get scr ewed over now a days. lol

but i'll wait and see, maybe i'll get lucky and it will be legit.

Little advice...If you don't recieve it before 30 days, file a complaint. Just to be safe.

ironman ex. for sale

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120294162317&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

really didn't have any intention on bidding on this, but wanted to see if he had original boxes etc. and pics of actual boxes and item, with pics of edition#'s on base and boxes. send message and this is what he sent back.

have original Brown factory shipping box ,# 4XX

:banghead wt ^^^^ is that suppose to mean, lol
oh yeah and you guessed it, of course no pics :banghead
damn these guys make me sick

I have changed the title of the thread to Alleged Marvel fakes on Ebay, so it can all be discussed here whenever an alleged fake arises.
x :cool:

Does anyone know if Sideshow has decided anything on this situation? I hope they take action, either way I'm glad there are devoted freaks out there trying to help others out there that don't know about all this.

Re: Alleged Marvel Fakes on EBay Thread

The easiest way to protect yourself is to avoid buying any pieces from Asia. A few have leaked over here, but most for sale seem to be there.

Another thing that would help a lot is not to buy known fakes. There are members of this forum who have knowingly purchased these counterfeits. If these counterfeiters didn't have purchasers they would no longer bother.

To me, these counterfeits are worthless. So what if you are getting something that looks like the real thing for a lot less money. They are fakes.

In the long run it hurts our hobby because these crooks are so good at it, it's hard to tell if you are getting the real thing or a counterfeit.

Don't buy counterfeits and put the crooks out of business. Simple.

I wouldn't bid on an auction from anywhere in Asia.

Another thing that would help a lot is not to buy known fakes. There are members of this forum who have knowingly purchased these counterfeits. If these counterfeiters didn't have purchasers they would no longer bother.

To me, these counterfeits are worthless. So what if you are getting something that looks like the real thing for a lot less money. They are fakes.

In the long run it hurts our hobby because these crooks are so good at it, it's hard to tell if you are getting the real thing or a counterfeit.

Don't buy counterfeits and put the crooks out of business. Simple.

I wouldn't bid on an auction from anywhere in Asia.

Or just stay away from the more known Marvel pieces that are fakes, only problem is are there new ones LOL!

Back