Marvel Fakes on EBay Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hulk Vs Spidey Fake on EBay

I remember last year there was a US seller that was selling a lot of them and would answer every question but the edition #.

I've reported this auction. Remember, ebay does not police itself, it is our job as buyers/sellers to report auctions and sellers.

Here's how:

Go to the auction
Go to the very bottom of the page and click "Report this Item"
Choose "Counterfeit and copyright violations"
Choose "Potential trademark infringement"
Choose "Other replica or counterfeit items"
Click "Continue"
IMPORTANT- Now you must click "Email us" under Contact Customer Support
You may need to log in to ebay here if you aren't already
The item number will already be filled in so just hit "Send"
Thats it!

Do this on every item you see that is fake and we can make a difference. The more people who do this the better chance it will be taken down.

First off shropt thats good info to know thanks for the heads up....
About a year ago I almost got duped into buying a knockoff of iron man. The buy it now was like 550.00 so of course i did. If it wasnt for other collectors with good hearts giving me the heads up it was a knockoff I would of been in the dumps. Needless to say I didnt pay and about 1 month later the guy wasnt even a registered user.
It amazes me how much these knockoffs look like the real thing. If you dont know what your looking at its real easy to get ripped off by these. I learned by the pictures I had of the knockoff iron man and the pictures ive seen of the real one and you can see the differences. So to me thats the best thing you can do. Request more pictures and compare them to the ones off the website as best as you can.....
I can't believe that guy actually bought the knockoff for how much he did....

you can tell bro...the paint just doesnt have the same quality....and the box is a dead giveaway...always ask to see the real box.

For 100 bux, maybe can buy for custom work (red hulk vs symbiote spider comes to mind, or something similar)...but def not for 600.

Well my Sentinel Dio Ex #1 is a fake.
I'm happy with it.
It lights up and everything like the original.

jk

Uh oh...it was only a matter of time before this happened!

Didn't Sideshow change factories or got an additional one as well? Either way this is somewhat of a COMMON ISSUE with these overseas factories. They end up holding onto the molds for these items and the owners do not (or cannot) retrieve them for whatever reason.

To continue to turn a profit and make some money, these factories continue to make and distribute the items using the molds. Sometimes the items suffer from a lack of quality and sometimes they don't and usually the counterfeit is caught by an error in the packaging or something.

SOTA had this issue with their Street Fighter toys. They changed factories and lost all their molds from Rounds 1-3 to the old factory. That factory continue to make Street Fighter figures that were indisginuishable in terms of quality from the originals. The only way to tell was that some figures were releasing on packaging that was never officially used by SOTA (I believe Black Gen variant on an English card is one of them...as Black Gen was released ONLY in Japan on a Japanese card).

we have reported the counterfeiter but as far as the warehouse that is letting this happen, i have no idea what is going on with them.

guys, whats the difference between the original and fake hulk vs spiderman? is there a exclusive that is fake? how can i spot one?

Color is usually off from what I've seen. the paint is different.

I think the fake has a glossy finish . . .

The paint job on that one is definitely off. The seller blames the flash but nope...

Aw snap, ur right, DUDE I'm so scared to buy from eBay on these statues anymore!!! MAN WHO CAN U TRUST! I'm tryn to start my own collection but I hear of all these fakes, it's a tough game out there... ugh :monkey2

Back