Marvel Daredevil Premium Format Figure - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How dare you!!! :horse

I really don't understand why the people who are happy with how this turned out cannot tolerate others expressing their opinion :dunno

There's actually more comments about people objecting to others not liking the pose than there is people saying they don't like the pose :lol

Col, you've already said that this is a discussion. I don't see any reason why people can't discuss why the pose works...or is it only ok to complain over and over about the same thing?

I think there are more explanations as to why the pose works (again, not saying this is the best pose they could have chosen) than why it doesn't.

Exactly, discuss away.
Calling people 'moaners' and saying people are putting it down to keep the ES low or because they can't afford it, not you, isn't cool.

...I'm not going back to check previous posts because...wel I'm supposed to be working ;) but who said any of that?

You always get the moaners. There's so much stuff coming out right now it's nearly impossible to keep up unless money isn't an issue, sometimes I think people are just moaning to justify having to pass up on the pieces they can't have

ETA: you know what RB, I have noticed a number of people who DO buy a statue that bad mouth it too. Happens all the time. I sometimes wonder if they are not trying to deflate the balloon a little to keep the ES lower. I have seen it happen so many times, that I shake off a lot of that nonsense.

I was really looking forward to this but I'm happy to wait on in hand pictures and reviews.

I was really looking forward to this but I'm happy to wait on in hand pictures and reviews.

Makes sense considering no EX. I asked SSAlex if the hands/gloves are separate pieces. It'd be cool if someone could come up with some custom billy clubs. The clubs are my only gripe with this piece, almost like they were like, "Oh, damn, we forgot the billy clubs..."

I asked her about the Grey Hulk, if it would have a removable portrait meaning seams, but she doesn't know the technical approach and can only guess.
The more removable parts the less there is to break so you might get lucky.

With regards to keeping an ES low instead of making people believe it's a poor piece, which I can't see people actually doing, refrain from ordering until an ES is set.

I think im going to do a custom statue of myself in this pose. I think it will be great. Of course private commissions will be made available to those interested. PM me for pricing :wink1:

No malice intended. No denying though they made odd design choices with this, Thor and CR Superman. So much so that even no NRD only managed a 500 and 1k ES respectfully. I think they are legitimately leaving people scratching their heads on the art direction, especially at these prices.

ETA: you know what RB, I have noticed a number of people who DO buy a statue that bad mouth it too. Happens all the time. I sometimes wonder if they are not trying to deflate the balloon a little to keep the ES lower. I have seen it happen so many times, that I shake off a lot of that nonsense.

As for me, I like about 99% of what they do. Even surfer Thor. This one is in the 50/50 camp for me personally.

IF anyone is doing this, they are seriously wasting their time and prob have too much time on their hands to begin with...

lol... you are going to cry and beg when you see mine.... lol

You know the more thought I put into this I'm thinking about changing the pose to one similar to blue Steele or le tigre. Although Ferrari and maybe even Magnum could work.... Will have to consult with Mugatu prior to making my final decision.

DerekZoolanderBlueSteel.jpg
mugatu.jpg

Last edited:
Fellow collectors, I think SS missed the essence of the character with this pose.

I am not feeling this one ... why use almost an identical hulk pose (SS Original Green version and Grey Hulk by Andy Bergholtz) ?

I was hoping it would be a more acrobatic/gymnast pose capturing what DD usually does ... or as a second choice, a museum pose (for the museum pose, the two original Bowen pieces are the best IMO).

If I am correct, this SS sculpt was done by Andy Bergholtz ... but does that mean he designed it as well, and if so did he have the final say on the final version?

I believe the best Daredevil Sculpts to this day representing this character best are the three from Hard Hero. Two of the pics are here from my collection, the third one is this link (it was a mini version).

IF anyone is doing this, they are seriously wasting their time and prob have too much time on their hands to begin with...

IDK, maybe they are trying to talk themselves out of it? :dunno

But go into just about any thread and you will see a vocal critic break down and buy it in the end. Maybe its just the addicting nature of the hobby? :dunno

Just a theory I had on why some eventual buyers are so negatively vocal. Besides, we are posting on a comic/movie statue forum...we all have too much time on our hands! :lol

Fellow collectors, I think SS missed the essence of the character with this pose.

I am not feeling this one ... why use almost an identical hulk pose (SS Original Green version and Grey Hulk by Andy Bergholtz) ?

I was hoping it would be a more acrobatic/gymnast pose capturing what DD usually does ... or as a second choice, a museum pose (for the museum pose, the two original Bowen pieces are the best IMO).

If I am correct, this SS sculpt was done by Andy Bergholtz ... but does that mean he designed it as well, and if so did he have the final say on the final version?

I believe the best Daredevil Sculpts to this day representing this character best are the three from Hard Hero. Two of the pics are here from my collection, the third one is this link (it was a mini version).

My understanding is that the sculptor is told what to sculpt by the design team, but I am not sure that is how it works all the time (I am pretty sure that was the case for the Reeve Superman, for example).

The Hard Hero pieces are pretty awesome...thinking of picking the red one up, but it's tough to find. Ironically, if you go back to threads for that piece, it was ripped by many people when it was first revealed, too.

That dd piece looks great, never heard of hard hero before...worth hunting down over this new PF?

Back