Marvel and Netflix Team on Four Series Leading Up to The Defenders!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished it all and thought it was okay, but not as good as I was expecting tbh.

I didn't like the variations in the strength level of the characters at times, they all just seemed a lot weaker in this series than they did in their own shows.

Also just sick of The Hand and Iron Fist in general.

Way too much Claire and Colleen as well. The fact that Iron Fist was the last solo series released and we already had a whole season of those characters recently, they should have had less of them in this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agree with you. I still give it a Solid 8-8.5.

I'm over the Hand. I'm over Madam Gao. Thought this show lacked a good villains (Elecktra was a bad-ass but the fingers of the Hand were not impressive).

Iron Fist is still by far the weakest of the four. And I also agree, I'm tired of Claire and Misty and even Foggy and the chick just felt forced.

And spoiler below for those still watching but............

It also needed an injection of the Punisher. The chaos he brings would have been great to see The Defenders deal with.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm 6 episodes in and I love most of what I've seen but I'm also keenly aware of all it's problems. I'll go back and read you guys' thoughts and give more of my own after I finish the last 2 episodes but I can already tell what things are gonna annoy people.

Why is billionaire Danny Rand chauffeured in a "luxury" HYUNDAI? :dunno:Flush.

We're halfway through this show and it is a TURKEY!

I've never felt that these Netflix Marvel shows go well with The Avengers movies. In The Defenders we see Luke scoff at the idea of the Iron Fist and Kun Lun, and yet they are living in a world with Thor, who is from another world entirely and Aliens have landed in the same city they are trying to protect.

Plus with what the Hand are doing under the city, the Avengers aren't aware of it?

I can believe the low level stuff in their own shows, but this event seems too big for The Defenders.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just finished watching the whole season.
It was pretty cool.
I liked it a lot.
No boring episodes at all.
Loved the action scenes.
Think we'll see Elektra return in the white outfit?

I thought overall it was great. For once, there were very few pacing issues. All of the 4 leads have chemistry with each other and all of the supporting character work well too. I know a lot of folks want less of them, but I thought they were all used effectively and efficiently here. Obviously Colleen would get more play than Karen as Colleen knows the hand and knows how to fight. All of their levels of involvement felt natural.

My biggest enjoyment of the show in the first few episodes was that it felt like we were watching little mini episodes of each character's own show and I loved all the advancement in their storylines, especially daredevil. I thought Luke got out of jail too easily but I was fine with it to move the story along. Jessica's stuff was like seeing an old familiar friend. Enjoyably fun detective stuff. Iron Fist's material was much better too as when you get rid of the fat of his show(i.e. The Meechums who were almost bigger on that show than he was), he and Colleen work pretty well as a duo.

I liked Sigorney Weaver's character from the get go and I thought she did a magnificent job. I'm not the biggest fan of Elodie Yung as Elektra but she did a good job with what she had to work with. The action sequences are radically better than Iron Fist and at least on par with most of Daredevil and at times(especially in episode 3 and the final 2 episodes) substantially better. The four leads are fun to watch as a team and almost any combination of the characters worked wonders. Without getting into spoilers, I will say I love what has been setup for several of the characters going forward(especially Daredevil and Misty Knight of all people).

My only problema with the show is that like many, I too, am tired of hearing about the Hand. Although they worked better for me here than in Iron Fist and arguably better than in Daredevil, I'm still tired of them. They are to the Netflix heroes as Hydra is to Agents of Shield and to a lesser extent, the whole MCU. There needs to be a new threat and I think it will eventually be the Kingpin. I feel like by the time we get a second season of Defenders(and let's not kid ourselves, we will), he will have become such a threat that it will make sense for another teamup. I think it would've been nice to see the Punisher again. He was the only character missing that I felt like could've added something to it, at least for an episode or two. And finally, for all the talk Alexandra, Gao and the others had about Danny's usefulness and what was in the hole....there wasn't much to it.

Ranking the shows/seasons I would go like this at this juncture:

1. Daredevil season 1
2. Jessica Jones
3. The Defenders
4. Daredevil season 2/Luke Cage(tie)
5. Iron Fist

My list might change with time. Iron Fist, even when it was decent was too mediocre. DD2 and Luke Cage had amazing first halfs and then slowly got worse as the season went on. Defenders is awesome but a bit too popcorny and goofy at times. Jessica Jones and DD season 1 are just about perfect though.

Finished the show tonight, I enjoyed it but wasn't as great as I was expecting.

I'll still rank JJ and DD (both seasons) over this one.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm expecting Punisher to be better and am still excited for JJ season 2 and Daredevil season 3.

Finished the show tonight, I enjoyed it but wasn't as great as I was expecting.

I'll still rank JJ and DD (both seasons) over this one.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm expecting Punisher to be better and am still excited for JJ season 2 and Daredevil season 3.
Completely agree with you. JJ is actually my favourite out of all 4 of them. She's a bit closer to being an anti hero and doesn't have that preachy attitude unlike Matt and his "this is my city" attitude, Luke's all for Harlem thinking and Danny's annoying "I'm the immortal Iron Fist" ranting.

I'm most looking forward to JJ season 2 and where the characters go forward there.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

In The Defenders we see Luke scoff at the idea of the Iron Fist and Kun Lun, and yet they are living in a world with Thor, who is from another world entirely and Aliens have landed in the same city they are trying to protect.

Some people can only take so much weirdness, and have to rationalise the world the best they can.

Take Indiana Jones, for example. He witnessed magic in India, yet scoffed at the idea of the Ark a year later. Never believe a thing until you've proved it to yourself. Indy had a professional reputation to consider.

I liked the series. It was a bit slow in places, but all the shows are more character pieces than full on action, which to me makes them much more engrossing than most of the Avengers, Thor, Captain America etc etc movies.

This show was so bad it came very close to derailing everything good that had come before it.

The hand was so poorly handled, what a mess!

Without a good cohesive villain the rest just falls apart.

All of a sudden a new member of the hand was revealed, wut.

The heroes were also all over the place but not as bad as how the Hand was handled.

It was also boring!

That big underground secret reveal was lulz tv budget bad lol.

The fights were good in parts but messy shaky cam in others.

This was hands down the worst show of them all even worse than IF.

What a HUGE disappointment, I am so bummed out right now lol

Last edited:
I didn't thing it was quite that bad. Elektra was a bad ass (though I liked her before as well), and fewer episodes meant there was less filler that drags down even the good Marvel Netflix shows. Though it would be nice if they could film a fight scene with better lighting and less than 400 quick cuts.

I agree about Elektra she was super sexy while being super bad ass.

She was represented here even better than in DD and she blows away the crappy movie version.

So ok i'll give Elektra and Daredevil himself props as well as Stick but holy crap the Hand was handled so poorly.

This show was so bad it came very close to derailing everything good that had come before it.

Without a good cohesive villain the rest just falls apart.

:lecture

Sigourney was bad. She sleepwalks her way through this whole show. There was not a single moment where she was credible as the leader of the Hand. And the Hand sucked. The Iron Fist series ruined them and this show put a nail in it. They are unusable from this point forward.

They could do a Punisher series and be done with the others and I would be fine. They completely sh t the bed.

One second the Hand leaders were originally from Kun-Lun then next second they were outsiders who made a pilgrimage to Kun-Lun they couldn't even get their backstory right.

Their motivations to turn on each other was also a convoluted mess.

The whole IF/Kun-Lun/Hand plot is just worthless now.

I just want one more season of LC.
And I'm only slightly interested in IF S2 because it'll build relationship between Colleen and Misty. And because I hope they actually give Misty her trademark bad ass robotic arm. And because I actually liked Davos and hope that he's the main bad.

Yeah i'm open for more DD/LC and obviously Punisher.

But IF/Kun-Lun/Hand needs to go away lol

But in reality the Hand needs to stick around we all know Gao survived like duh.

I always preferred Hand over Hydra anyways because of their background AND Netflix was actually doing good with the Hand up until IF and now they screwed the landing big time!

Gotta be honest... this was so boring I did a speed-run. Nothing really worked or clicked. The writting was cheesy (especially the IF parts), the Hand was ****ing underwhelming, the story was not interesting, etc, etc. The interactions were the only good thing. Honestly, how the hell do you ruin the concept of Marvel Netflix shows? All you had to do was do self-contained seasons based on the darker, more street-level characters, that's it. You could do Blade, Moon Knight, Night Raven, Punisher, etc, etc. But nah, let's just ruin everything with an uninteresting crossover and inteconnected story. SMH...

Back