Mark Hamill at Celebration Europe!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still I never liked the idea of anybody charging to put their name on a picture of themselves. I can see why some celebs charge between $10-30 (for travel expenses, etc) but when I see stuff like this ($100+ for an autograph) I dunno what to think.

I even checked Official Pix's site for Hamill's autographs. They are sold out but looks like they bumped the price from the $99 they originally were...

I got a couple things autographed by Mark Hamill a few years ago and he couldn't have been nicer. He looked me in the eye and chatted with me for a few brief minutes. More than I expected from the interaction. Some people won't even look you in the eye or acknowledge you're standing in front of them (Al Franken). If it cost me a few bucks to say thank you for being such a huge part of my childhood to the guy face to face then so be it.

A lot of the celebrities that charge for autographs give the money to charity (supposedly). If he's charging $150 and there's still a line for tickets he's not charging too much. I can imagine the price is to make it so he can avoid spending 8 hours a day signing (which must be exhausting).

Wow, $170 for Hamill's autograph. So much for my plan to have someone get his auto for me. Man, I thought the $85 US dollar he was charging a few years ago at SDCC was steep, this is just ridicules.

Back