Mark Hamill at Celebration Europe!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogue Trooper

Super Freak
Reaction score
From the Force.net:
According to Mark Hamill's official web site the Star Wars legend will be appearing at Celebration Europe on July 13th &14th.

All attendees should feel blessed as they will be able to experience the utter joy of meeting Luke Skywalker in the flesh, an experience which eluded Celebration IV visitors in the U.S.

I get to see luke skywalker, yippee.
This time next week i would have got my bly bust from Forrbidan Planet, friday the emperor, saturday luke, i cant wait, its going to be so good!

ian1138 said:
All attendees should feel blessed as they will be able to experience the utter joy of meeting Luke Skywalker in the flesh, an experience which eluded Celebration IV visitors in the U.S.
And that's why this will likely go over like a lead balloon.

My guess: The organizers realized that bad buzz was building about the lack of Guests for the show and finally gave in to Hamill's (wife's) $$$ demands.

IrishJedi said:
And that's why this will likely go over like a lead balloon.

My guess: The organizers realized that bad buzz was building about the lack of Guests for the show and finally gave in to Hamill's (wife's) $$$ demands.

Hamill's wife???

His wife is his manager and just about everyone who deals with her talks about what an amazingly shrude (sp) and cutthroat business woman she is. Good for him I guess but it definitely leads to Mark's lack of involvement with a lot of things.

The Mike said:
His wife is his manager and just about everyone who deals with her talks about what an amazingly shrude (sp) and cutthroat business woman she is. Good for him I guess but it definitely leads to Mark's lack of involvement with a lot of things.
True that. She wears the pants, that's for sure. I've also heard her referenced more by "the B word" than her actual name from insiders. She's apparently a real Queen B and a pain in the a** to deal with.

IrishJedi said:
True that. She wears the pants, that's for sure. I've also heard her referenced more by "the B word" than her actual name from insiders. She's apparently a real Queen B and a pain in the a** to deal with.

but i've always liked Mara Jade....this is upsetting to find out she is like this. Maybe people just remember her when she worked for the Emperor. :(

Vader AL said:
but i've always liked Mara Jade....this is upsetting to find out she is like this. Maybe people just remember her when she worked for the Emperor. :(

:lol :lol Honesty, I went to CIV for about 4 hours and was done with it. Really wasn't much there and I was happy that I only went one day. The funniest part was the GIANT room for the star wars store that had nothing in it. :lol :lol

The Mike said:

I don't see why she would be one. He is Luke and nothing else.

Well, Corvette Summer was pretty kewl!

EVILFACE said:
I don't see why she would be one. He is Luke and nothing else.!

Do you need more than that !!! :lol :lol Honestly, I like him as the voice of the Joker moreso then luke skywalker....**it's okay, flame away**

That's strange to hear because he was the moderator for a great writers roundtable on one of the recent Batman animated DVDs. He's obviously a fan of the show, maybe she's only tough for anything SW related.

I was actually going to get to see Hamill in Cleveland when I was a kid (at the Superman's 50 convention) but he pulled out at the last minute, I think something to do with a family emergency. It was a real bummer :monkey2

Darth Caedus said:
Do you need more than that !!! :lol :lol Honestly, I like him as the voice of the Joker moreso then luke skywalker....**it's okay, flame away**

Uh it's cool man, the Joker rules. Especially his Batman Beyond version of the Joker.

I don't want to say who told me this because I don't want to put them in a weird spot (like Hamill's camp hangs here anyway) but someone who has dealt with her has told me personally that not only is she difficult but she also has a high price tag for Mark and that negoiations often stall to the point of amazing frustration. Honestly, the vibe I got is that he stays out of it completely and just goes where he's told....

He charging £75 for a autograph! Thats like $150, ain't no chance i'll be getting one of those. Even though he was my hero when i was 8.

No, he's charging £85.00 per auto ($170).

I'm still gonna pay it if I can get one of the tickets.

Yes, I'm pathetic but the thing is it's likely I'm never gonna get to have the chance at meeting him ever again and Luke Skywalker and everything he represented to me as a kid (and still does today) got me through some tough times growing up so I just want to shake his hand and say thank you.

$170 for his autograph!!! :horror :horror

Who does he think he is....Harrison Ford??? :D :D :D

Nitro said:
$170 for his autograph!!! :horror :horror

Who does he think he is....Harrison Ford??? :D :D :D

since the star wars films and merchandise have made billions, maybe he's trying to get his "fair share"? it's pretty sad that the actor who played one of the most iconic characters ever put on film has to do autograph shows.

regardless of what he got paid for the three films and his likeness for toys, i'm sure his wife feels her husband was screwed out of a lot of money.

Back