Marion Ravenwood Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What outift should Sideshow feature for a 1:6 scale Marion Ravenwood?

• The Nepal Bar outfit...her rough-n-tumble introduction.

Votes: 36 40.0%
  • The "Cairo" outfit -red pants and white top (don't forget the skillet!)

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • The White dress - ready for the "Well of Souls" escape

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • Any of the above - just make the figure please!

Votes: 18 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Perhaps they fear, as we do, that they won't be able to make a decent looking Marion (meaning female) figure. The last part of the sentence would indicate that. So maybe she's not so low in popularity as much as she'd just translate poorly.

I personally think that's exactly why she'd work best in the bar outfit that covers almost all of the figure's slim limbs and joints, everything but that little neck.

Whatever. I guess the Henry Sr. people are happy.

Sounds like SSC BS to me. It's like saying we don't think Leia will translate well as a figure. :lol SSC seems Lost in Translation. What they are saying is they don't think they'll make enough money doing a Marion, which is sad.

And I agree with W-G, they could do a Raven Bar Marion and make it look pretty damn good.

Here's what makes sense to me and translates into something crystal clear IMO...

Raven Bar Marion with 2nd long hair head and a White Dress...

Goes with Toht, Indy and Belloq. Done. Do it!

It's gotta be the white dress version. That figure makes the most sense in terms of interactivity with the rest of the line. It would fit in with Indy (Well of the Souls), Belloq (Tanis camp), and Toht & German Indy (Ark Ceremony). Looking back I wish SSC produced Belloq with ceremonial garb that could fit over his suit since we'll most likely never get a ceremonial version :(

I'm not shocked them saying that about Sallah or Brody being long shots though I think they should be made. Marion would sell well enough to sell at least 1k pieces so I don't buy that she wouldn't sell.

I'm not shocked them saying that about Sallah or Brody being long shots though I think they should be made. Marion would sell well enough to sell at least 1k pieces so I don't buy that she wouldn't sell.

:lecture

Point: She would sell well and translate well if done right. :D

That's the real trick: can she be done well?

I would think the Bar Attire would go a long way in helping cover some of the potential flaws.

I think with Marion the implication is not that she wouldn't sell so much as SS feels that they can't do her justice, or that their female body isn't going to make for the best female figure possible. Perhaps they're being honest with themselves about their female figures.

I'm glad Marion and Sallah (and Marcus) are not coming soon - while I appreciate that some people will be upset and really want these figures first I would like more exciting choices to be produced first (Mola Ram and various Thugee's, Map Room Indy, Tux Indy, Last Crusade suit Indy, Grail Knight). After those are on my shelf I would love a Marion and Sallah, not before (with the exception of LC suit Indy, because I already have an Indy in a Superman Returns Hot Toys brown suit which basically covers it).

I'm pleasantly surprised at the way SSc answered the Indy question - I thought they'd be more guarded about the line's future, but they seem quite committed to it. Great!

Perfect time for Sideshow to show us what they've got. Not to bring up Hot Toys, but they've engineered some pretty amazing figures if you look at the recent Iron Mans and go back.

This would be a great opportunity for SSC to create a white dress Marion, blow us away with the innovative design and show us they can hang with the big boys.

I would think the Bar Attire would go a long way in helping cover some of the potential flaws.

I think with Marion the implication is not that she wouldn't sell so much as SS feels that they can't do her justice, or that their female body isn't going to make for the best female figure possible. Perhaps they're being honest with themselves about their female figures.

That's why I'd like to see them produce the Nepal Bar attire version...it plays up to their strong points...they get get a great sculpt and feature some great intricate tailoring on the outfit and she would look great posed with Indy or Toht. The white dress would work with all three other figures in the line, but it's not an outfit that would be very interesting on a figure (too much exposed joints, etc).

I just hope they prodice this character for this line...I mean it's not like she's a droid or covered with fur or something else too difficult...she's just a dame...so c'mon, Sideshow...please!

Just for clarification - she doesn't wear the white dress during the opening of the ark scene - that's a white silky nightgown she gets on the Bantu Wind. So "white dress" Marion couldn't really be posed accurately with German Disguise Indy. The poll is missing this nightgown as well as the Washington outfit. Not that I'd want either of those before the 3 outfits that are on the poll...

I did vote for the White Dress. Not because its necessarily my favorite look for her, but because it would be the hardest outfit to make from scratch. If we only get one head out of Sideshow's figure, the White Dress one could also be used for Cairo Marion.

If hiding the shortcomings of Sideshow's female body is an issue, the Cairo outfit may do this best. It has long sleeves and is puffy.

I think you're right. Perhaps it's time for a petition? Couldn't hurt.

EDIT: I would agree with their reasoning that Henry Snr and Mola Ram and would turn out better aesthetically than Marion, but I'd put Marion 3rd right behind those 2 and before a Map Room Indy, Short Round & Tux Indy.

Last edited:
I just think that Cairo Marion is the more iconic look as opposed to Nepal Marion. The white dress/Well of Souls would be my preferred look, but definitely not on Sideshow's hideous female body with its exposed joints.

Back