March Madness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gideon said:
Serious question here for those of you from North Carolina. I have been a college basketball fan for forty years here in Michigan. I have cheered for NC State when they had David Thompson and have cheered for North Carolina for many team they have had. I have enjoyed many teams that Duke has fielded and still remember that great shot by Mike Giminski fondly. Their coach is one class act and runs a very clean program. So I have very positive feelings to teams from your state.

What is the basis of Duke hating? Is it mere rivalry or is there some real background to it that can be explained to an outsider. Having a young Duke team leave the tourney in the first round leaves the tournament without one of its premier names. I was not happy to see that.

For what it is worth, i expect NC to go at least to the final four. Excellent team, very well coached.

Pretty much everything Occ said. I love to hate Duke, almost as much as I love to cheer for the Heels. It's just part of what goes along with being a die hard fan of either school. Same thing as Sox/Yanks. I have two favorite baseball teams, the Red Sox, and whoever's playing the Yankees :D

Thanks to both of you for the concise explaination. It sounds like Ohio State and Michigan here --- just oil and water and mutual hate. Good luck to the Tar Heels in the remainder of the tourney ... but you have talent and usually thats a lot better than luck.

thanks!
we'll see
as last night's game showed they have a tendency to blow 27pt leads.
Sometimes they need luck. Like last second timeouts being called when the opposing team has no timeouts left. :lol

occulum said:
thanks!
we'll see
as last night's game showed they have a tendency to blow 27pt leads.
Sometimes they need luck. Like last second timeouts being called when the opposing team has no timeouts left. :lol
93628583_d301537c0f_m.jpg

occulum said:
:lol :lol :lol
F'n awesome Bannister :rock
I still remember watching that game. Webber just ****ed up all around on that possession. First he traveled, but the refs missed it, then he calls the time-out.:lol :lol :lol

Hopefully they won't ween any lucky breaks like that this year. Have a tough game against a good Mich. St. team tonight.

Pretty surprised by the lack of upsets this year. Only 2 teams with double digit seeds advanced :confused:

Xavier - what a letdown ... they had Ohio and could have won if they merely made a free throw giving them a four point lead with seconds left. So near... yet so far.:sick

gideon said:
Xavier - what a letdown ... they had Ohio and could have won if they merely made a free throw giving them a four point lead with seconds left. So near... yet so far.:sick

I hate Ohio St., but I have them going to the finals so I was jumping up and down when they nailed that 3 to send it to OT.

Ohio State is overrated and has been all year. luckily for them they are in the bracket they are in.

Back