Mara Jade Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anybody knows me on this forum, they know I am through and through Original Trilogy. However, after reading the Thrawn Trilogy and just recently finishing Scoundrels, the EU is filled with great characters. Shadows of the Empire was my first EU book and how they linked certain parts of that to both Empire and Jedi was fantastic. It may not be for everyone, but that's the fun of this forum, we all have a section we like. No need for negativity.

Well said dart chris. I love the eu and all it has to offer. I often find it more enriching than the actual movies. There is so much history and so many unique characters. That being said it is incredibly odd to have eu bashers in an eu character thread.

Is nothing safe on this forum

:duff:lecture

There are parts of the EU that are simply fantastic. IMO some are even better then the Prequels. Thrawn trilogy, Shadows of the Empire come to mind.

Indeed. For decades, the EU has given fans much more content to enjoy and admire. Expanding not only the SW universe, but our minds, as well.

If I don't like a topic I stay away from the discussion.

I've never understood it when people, who claim to dislike something, always manage to comment constantly about their distaste for that subject.

It's annoying and it's just trolling in some cases.

Now before anyone gets their pantaloons in a bunch, I'm just speaking in general terms. Not pointing the finger at anyone.

Agree, completely. People just forget that their comments can be very hurtful and, in some cases, even insulting.

With that said, let's revive an old, but always entertaining, topic.

Which actor would suit the role best as Mara Jade?

Here's my suggestion:

Alicia Witt. I am in love with her. She's fantastic. Both as an actor, but also as a musician! Some of you might even remember her from Twin Peaks. :)

Witt13.jpg

We need this Hughes Mara soon before Star Wars VII stuff comes out. Since the Star Wars universe is so messed up and they are trying to do what should have been done originally. I would guess that the stories of the books will be ignored for this new hopefully accurate universe.

Although I would think there would still be a chance for a Mythos Mara.

:duff:lecture

Indeed. For decades, the EU has given fans much more content to enjoy and admire. Expanding not only the SW universe, but our minds, as well.

Agree, completely. People just forget that their comments can be very hurtful and, in some cases, even insulting.

Agreed, especially on the last comment.

With that said, let's revive an old, but always entertaining, topic.

Which actor would suit the role best as Mara Jade?

Here's my suggestion:

Alicia Witt. I am in love with her. She's fantastic. Both as an actor, but also as a musician! Some of you might even remember her from Twin Peaks. :)

Witt13.jpg

Nice choice! :naughty

The one actress that I wouldn't mind playing Mara Jade is...Amy Adams

amy-adams-pictures.jpg

:drool :yess:

Apparently there is on this thread.

When you write a post like this:

I smiled and breathed a sigh of relief that the new movies wouldn't be tainted with all the EU crap.

You are not only voicing an opinion. You are using derogatory language about something you dislike. Problem is that this "crap", of which you speak, is something that many people here cherish and hold dear. Thus, you are creating the foundation for yet another long, endless discussion of "yay" or "nay" to EU. Something that doesn't belong in this thread.

Also, you might want to give more thought to which words you choose in the future. Even if the topic of this thread would happen to be about EU in general, calling it crap wouldn't be fair either.

Now, I tried to move this topic on by posting a picture of the beautiful Alicia Witt. I'll try and get you out of that hole that you have put yourself in by posting a picture of Bryce Dallas Howard. She would be a nice candidate for the role as well.

PS. Nice suggestion, Snoopy. Amy Adams is so cute. :)

Bryce-dallas-howard-2.jpg

I'm not too familiar with Alicia Witt and I think Amy Adams is a little too recognized. Bryce Dallas Howard looks to fall in between just perfectly. Definitely an EU character I wouldn't mind seeing come to life. No doubt, the material is there.

When you write a post like this:

You are not only voicing an opinion. You are using derogatory language about something you dislike. Problem is that this "crap", of which you speak, is something that many people here cherish and hold dear. Thus, you are creating the foundation for yet another long, endless discussion of "yay" or "nay" to EU. Something that doesn't belong in this thread.

Also, you might want to give more thought to which words you choose in the future. Even if the topic of this thread would happen to be about EU in general, calling it crap wouldn't be fair either.

Now, I tried to move this topic on by posting a picture of the beautiful Alicia Witt. I'll try and get you out of that hole that you have put yourself in by posting a picture of Bryce Dallas Howard. She would be a nice candidate for the role as well.

PS. Nice suggestion, Snoopy. Amy Adams is so cute. :)

Bryce-dallas-howard-2.jpg

I read the terms of service for this forum when I joined, and I re-read them when I saw some of the complaints here before I posted the item you just quoted.

I was not in violation of the terms of service, as far as I can tell. I have not made any insulting or derogatory statements about any forum member. The TOS says this site promotes lively debate. Instead, I see people here trying to bully me from expressing my own opinion. That is not lively debate, much less promotion when a moderator is acting as one of the bullies.

You claim I put myself in a hole, but I disagree. I cannot fathom how another person's opinion should affect your own enjoyment of the EU or any characters. If you told me you hated Chewbacca, it wouldn't matter to me in the slightest (as my Chewbacca PF just arrived today). After all, he's a fictional character and I like him. If you like Mara Jade, that's fine for you. My opinion has no bearing on the matter.

If you think that I've violated the TOS, please spell it out for me. If you just don't like my opinion and plan on being a bully about it, I'd like to know that, too.

Am I free to discuss my opinions here or not? That's the issue that I see.

3 months and 64 posts in, I don't think you're off to a great start, at least in this thread. No one said you violated anything. But if you don't enjoy the EU, then why come in here and rain on everyone's parade? You are entitled to your opinion as we all are, but coming in here and calling it "crap" makes it look like you are deliberately trying to stir things up.

The whole thing just looks bad. I've said my peace, back to Mara.

Okay, this will be my final comment on this matter. I ask that you respect this thread, and stop derailing it.

1. I am a moderator on this section of the board. My duty here is to secure the integrity of the threads here, and to guide the community towards healthy and constructive debate. This is something that is rarely needed, but when it does happen, you need to respect it. If you happen to disagree, write a PM, and the matter will be discussed more in-depth.

Don't take it personal. Every attempt of trying to lead this thread into a more constructive direction have been done politely. I do not find your accusation of me being a "bully" fair, and I ask that you do not go further down that tangent since it is completely ridiculous and unfounded.

2. I don't really care what you can fathom or not. The fact of the matter has already been expressed. Not only by myself, but also from other participants of this thread. Mods and regular members alike.

Calling out EU as being "crap" sure is a derogatory statement. Whether you say it casually, or angrily, it still is an uncalled for statement that is unconstructive, and unnecessary in this thread, which is about an EU character in the first place. Obviously, it is a provoking statement that surely will cause some reactions, but this is not the place to start such a debate, and the way you go about it sure isn't the right way either.

You are free to discuss whatever you want. But you will be held accountable for the language and the tone that you present to this discussion. When I, in the role of moderator, request that you either change your tone, or stop what you are doing. You should comply.

So, for the last time, I ask that you respect what I have written, and that you accept it... and please don't call me a bully again.

I'm sorry if you feel singled out by all this talk, and if that is the reason that you feel being bullied. I know you are relatively new here, and probably don't know most of us that well. That's why I am trying to make this thread move on (back to the topic of Mara Jade)...

Let's do that. Shall we?

I'm not too familiar with Alicia Witt and I think Amy Adams is a little too recognized. Bryce Dallas Howard looks to fall in between just perfectly. Definitely an EU character I wouldn't mind seeing come to life. No doubt, the material is there.

Agreed, I really like the idea of Bryce dallas Howard, looks strong and not as well known. If she was a red head I would advocate for Becket from Castle.

If anybody knows me on this forum, they know I am through and through Original Trilogy. However, after reading the Thrawn Trilogy and just recently finishing Scoundrels, the EU is filled with great characters. Shadows of the Empire was my first EU book and how they linked certain parts of that to both Empire and Jedi was fantastic. It may not be for everyone, but that's the fun of this forum, we all have a section we like. No need for negativity.

Well said brother. For many years I lived through the books until the PT came out. The EU kept the fire alive for me any there are some novels that aren't the greatest but all of Zhan’s novels IMO are stellar. There are some really great authors out there in the SW EU.

I've always thought Lily Cole was so odd looking that she's really hot. Being a natural red head and standing at a height of 5"10.5, she'd be awesome in a role as the Emperor's Hand. Just retcon her EU story a little, have her hunting Luke as an old man or Han and Leia's kids after being frozen or something, and she'd be bad *** imo

lilymara.jpg

Not to add to the fire but the EU stories in the books and comics are better than the Prequel movies. There were only a few that I had problems with and those came out around the time of Revenge of the Sith because they tried to tie in to that movie.

Anyway, Alicia Witt is hot. I first saw her in that bad Al Pacino movie that I can't remember the name of. But for red heads I always thought Angie Everhart was tops. She's still pretty. But I never saw her in any good movies. She probably would have been a perfect Mara back in the 90s.

Back