Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel

Wow, just wow. In the comic, Superman never gets violently sick when introduced to the environment of Krypton, he simply just gradually loses his powers due to the red sun.

The movie introduced/invented the "difference in environment" angle to explain his weakness and to introduce a vulnerability, due to them not wanting to introduce kryptonite. You trying to make sense of it using the comic as reference, shows your level of understanding, or lack there of.

I thought it was pretty clear from the movie that there was more going on in that scene than just a "difference in environment". That's just the lie that Zod used to explain away the fact that he was drugging Superman (and Lois, through the helmet) so that he could get in their minds to find out more information to lead him to where the Kryptonian codecs were hidden.

It's pretty easy for an advanced Kryptonian to drug a mere human to get inside their head and probe for information...but not if they are there with Superman...unless you somehow incapacitate him first. Luck would have it, they *want* to drug Supes anyway to find out what he knows about the codecs, so two birds with one stone.

As for the *how* they drugged Superman, that's something that we don't really need spelled out in detail for us, no need to waste precious minutes of showing Zod and the other Kryptonians vaccinating themselves and/or slipping Kryptonian nose filters in to protect them from the alien nerve agent that they laced the air of the ship with for Superman to inhale. A couple lines of exposition take care of it: Remember Lois said "Sorry Clark I didn't want to tell them anything about you but they did something to get inside my head" and Superman said "It's OK, they did the same thing to me."

I thought it was pretty clear from the movie that there was more going on in that scene than just a "difference in environment". That's just the lie that Zod used to explain away the fact that he was drugging Superman (and Lois, through the helmet) so that he could get in their minds to find out more information to lead him to where the Kryptonian codecs were hidden.

It's pretty easy for an advanced Kryptonian to drug a mere human to get inside their head and probe for information...but not if they are there with Superman...unless you somehow incapacitate him first. Luck would have it, they *want* to drug Supes anyway to find out what he knows about the codecs, so two birds with one stone.

As for the *how* they drugged Superman, that's something that we don't really need spelled out in detail for us, no need to waste precious minutes of showing Zod and the other Kryptonians vaccinating themselves and/or slipping Kryptonian nose filters in to protect them from the alien nerve agent that they laced the air of the ship with for Superman to inhale. A couple lines of exposition take care of it: Remember Lois said "Sorry Clark I didn't want to tell them anything about you but they did something to get inside my head" and Superman said "It's OK, they did the same thing to me."

No drug makes Superman violently ill and then makes his skin vulnerable to being punctured (By the surprisingly German Kryptonian) Add to that, he got his powers back immediately after the JorEl construct fix the environment of the ship. So......

So you're saying that exposure to strong radiation ( jor-el's EXACT words )
That gives you super strength, invulnerability, the power to shoot fire from your eyes, and fly... Is not a mutation, but instead completely normal?

Like I said, and this is only assumption, Krypton's a harsh planet, Kryptonian organisms had to adapt to harvest the the little resources the planet had to offer, when you introduce them to a richer environment that's what it could happen, it's only a superficial theory, your's also is, because it's not explained in the movie, I'm not agreeing nor disagreeing with you.

You're officially a mong. No one either required nor asked you to express your silly little ideas. You took that upon yourself. You obviously don't understand what I'm saying, cause your lack of English skills are evident. No need to debate with you, when you clearly can't recognize the difference between the movie and the comics.

Mama! the mean foreign man educated me, I can't refute anything he's saying boohoo! So I will steal his comebacks and criticise his English speaking skills, even though it's beyond proven that that's not the issue... :monkey2

That's a lame *** excuse and you oughta not use it, you sound like an ridiculously stupid and frustrated big baby. :lol

You lost the argument, move on. :peace

But whatever floats your boat champ, if pretending that my English is the problem and it makes it easier for you to cope with fact that someone went Faora on your *** with their 2nd language, then fine by me. :1-1:

:wave

Oh wait. MON O' STEEL EPIC, I LUV SUPA'MAN. HE SO GOOD.

3qwink.jpg

No drug makes Superman violently ill, and then makes his skin vulnerable to being punctured. And he got his powers back, the second the JorEl construct fix the environment of the ship. So......

What do you mean no drug does that to Superman? No drug in the comics developed by the mere Earthling characters? Sure, you'd have a valid point. Nothing of Earth can puncture Superman's skin of course. Do you think a punch from another Kryptonian on Earth can hurt him? Can another Kryptonian make him bleed? Is a Kryptonian powerful enough to kill another yellow-sun-super-powered Kryptonian? I think we all know the answer to that one. Why wouldn't Kryptonian instruments be able to puncture his skin? Why wouldn't Kryptonian nerve agents affect his Kryptonian physiology? Especially if used in tandem with the ship's environment set to replicate conditions on Krypton (red sun, increase gravity et al) before the Jor-El construct took over.

In an artificial Krypton-like environment, Superman would be just as vulnerable to Kryptonian drugs and needles as if he were a patient in some hospital on Krypton.

What do you mean no drug does that to Superman? No drug in the comics developed by the mere Earthling characters? Sure, you'd have a valid point. Nothing of Earth can puncture Superman's skin of course. Do you think a punch from another Kryptonian on Earth can hurt him? Can another Kryptonian make him bleed? Is a Kryptonian powerful enough to kill another yellow-sun-super-powered Kryptonian? I think we all know the answer to that one. Why wouldn't Kryptonian instruments be able to puncture his skin? Why wouldn't Kryptonian nerve agents affect his Kryptonian physiology? Especially if used in tandem with the ship's environment set to replicate conditions on Krypton (red sun, increase gravity et al) before the Jor-El construct took over.

In an artificial Krypton-like environment, Superman would be just as vulnerable to Kryptonian drugs and needles as if he were a patient in some hospital on Krypton.

Logic, DBOK's mortal enemy.

The problem with your entire theory is that it's completely made up. If its what you want to believe, then go on, but the movie explicitly stated it was "environmental" conditions that affected Kal in the movie. Reinforced by his encounter with the world engine that was on its way to replicating Krypton's environment. Hence, him getting sick around said World engine.

Logic, DBOK's mortal enemy.

So you're agreeing with him that Superman was "drugged" to make him sick and "as weak as a human", even though NO WHERE in the movie was that stated, expressed or conveyed. Pure mong status...:slap

Can't help it but I have to share this.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Pjo0WjBcs[/ame]

Did we actually see anyone 'die in droves'? I'm pretty sure we're are supposed to believe that no one was dying. That's certainly the impression I got.

Well, real-world experience leads me to believe that there would still be a substantial amount of casualties when the destruction of large buildings in an urban area is the item in question.

World Trade Center attacks, 9/11: many of not most people knew that something horrid was going down, even if they did not know exactly that planes had slammed into the WTC just yet. People were fleeing, they were in elevators and stairwells, trying hard to get out. Many of them made it out - but a lot of people did not.

Would things be any different in Metropolis? Doubt it.

My point being that skyscrapers and other large buildings don't just magically empty out. It takes time, and then you got people on the street instead of in a building - they're even more exposed.

Perhaps there were magically no casualties in Metropolis, but common sense leads me to believe otherwise.

I agree with your logic, but I'm saying we a supposed to believe no one died.

Which is a bit eye-rolling.

Pure trash. You've proven that you don't know much about Superman in the comics, other than what Wikipedia has told you.

Just like you back then talking about the new 52 when you actually didn't even read it?

Remember? Remember me telling you how STEEL helped Superman in the beginning of the new 52? Good times :D

Has it come to that? Do you have to put yourself under so much denial to deal with not being right?

Do you really believe I don't read Superman? Like I said, whatever floats your boat. :dunno

So you're agreeing with him that Superman was "drugged" to make him sick and "as weak as a human", even though NO WHERE in the movie was that stated, expressed or conveyed. Pure mong status...:slap

And I'm the one who can't speak English....

Btw, did you miss the part where they tell Supes that the atmosphere inside the Kryptonian ship was the same as in Krypton?

Hence making him as vulnerable as a human (like a kryptonian in krypton)?

Seriously, how on earth did you dare to tell me that I can't speak English when you're the one struggling putting sentences together and not remembering lines from the movie? That is, if you actually watched the movie :dunno

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y62iU7PgQ2U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y62iU7PgQ2U[/ame]

Last edited:

Just like you back then talking about the new 52 when you actually didn't even read it?

Remember? Remember me telling you how STEEL helped Superman in the beginning of the new 52? Good times :D

Has it come to that? Do you have to put yourself under so much denial to deal with not being right?

Do you really believe I don't read Superman? Like I said, whatever floats your boat. :dunno

Wtf are you even on about? I mentioned the fact that the New 52 supes in Action Comics was within his first year as Superman. You said nothing to refute that clear fact. You just chose to put your two cents in about a unrelated story with Steel, that had nothing to do with what we were discussing at the time.

The one constant about people who are full of it, is that they don't keep on subject and jump around the conversation. Thanks for keeping true to that.

Wtf are you even on about? I mentioned the fact that the New 52 supes in Action Comics was within his first year as Superman. You said nothing to refute that clear fact. You just chose to put your two cents in about a unrelated story with Steel, that had nothing to do with what we were discussing at the time.

The one constant about people who are full of it, is that they don't keep on subject and jump around the conversation. Thanks for keeping true to that.

:slap:slap:slap:slap:slap

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I can't, I can't believe you're that dumb.

You said, that in his 1st year Superman was already helping people when in the very 1st fight against Brainiac he NEEDED STEEL's help, otherwise all those people would've died...

And in the movie Supes didn't have STEEL to help him did he?

Yeah, there are more character moments. More stuff with the Daily Planet, a little more Krypton, more stuff in Smallville... a little more of everything, really. Except the action. Pretty much all of that made it onscreen theatrically for obvious reasons.

It's the same movie, though. But these extra & extended scenes will probably provide more depth for some folks.

Please, Please, Please ZS release the extended cut!!! Everything you mentioned is what was needed in the film... Just add the JW superman theme and I think I could really love this film.

I don't know if I absolutely need it to be linier but more character moments in any fashion would help this film IMO.

Back