Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel

Just happy this movie delivered the goods after my psuedo disappointment with IM3.

If MOS sucked it would've been a depressing summer for Superhero movies.

I mean, it's not like The Wolverine will be any good so that's already a wash. :lol

Me too :lol

I know, I'm still going to see Wolverine but I'm going with negative expectations....

Just happy this movie delivered the goods after my psuedo disappointment with IM3.

If MOS sucked it would've been a depressing summer for Superhero movies.

I mean, it's not like The Wolverine will be any good so that's already a wash. :lol

On the contrary, everything about it looks great, i think it'll surprise people.

Hard to say. Again, it was weird because it was linear so the pacing was odd. And many of the bigger actions scenes are hard to enjoy in their early, unfinished state.

I'd say there's a good 30+ minutes of cut scenes that could make it on the DVD. But weather we'll get all of them and whether WB will let Zack produce an Extended Cut remains to be seen. I'm sure they will, though.

The linear versus non-linear thing is interesting to me, because I've heard a ton of people who said they wanted it linear. Even some random guys walking out of the movie theater. But I thought that was one of the most successful parts of the movie, the fact it wasn't linear.

Yeah, that was my wife's complaint. She said the flashbacks didn't work for her,and made it feel like a disjointed mess.

I'd like to see it in linear order as well.

Yeah, there are more character moments. More stuff with the Daily Planet, a little more Krypton, more stuff in Smallville... a little more of everything, really. Except the action. Pretty much all of that made it onscreen theatrically for obvious reasons.

It's the same movie, though. But these extra & extended scenes will probably provide more depth for some folks.

Yeah, it sounds like it. There are meetings set up for right after they get back from the international promo tour.

Neet. All that stuff might be just what the film needed.

I don't recall he said "mutate", I just remember that his cells would drink from the yellow sun, thus becoming stronger.

Well, I grant I'm reading between the lines some, but how else would you describe sunlight causing someone to become unnaturally strong?

Well, I grant I'm reading between the lines some, but how else would you describe sunlight causing someone to become unnaturally strong?

Mhm it could be, to a degree, or maybe that just means the cells are healthier after drinking from a young sun, thus, the super powers.

And stronger gravity (Krypton) does mean denser bones and stronger muscles, and after generations of that it becomes a genetic trait, I would assume.

On the contrary, everything about it looks great, i think it'll surprise people.

I just said that to get your attention. :rotfl

I hope it does, but I'm not too optimistic.

I hope that at least is better than Origins.

Me with tight red speedos on a beach with my hairy back is better than Origins.

I have to agree with what was said earlier about showing Superman helping more people. The movie could have used a couple more shots of him doing just that.

The part that irked me out was when he saved the soldier falling from the helicopter and stops to ask if he's ok, but then he doesn't go and try to keep the helicopter from crashing which had one or two other people inside (if I remember correctly).

I just said that to get your attention. :rotfl

Me with tight red speedos on a beach with my hairy back is better than Origins.

clint-eastwood-cannot-unsee-what-has-been-seen-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-174.gif

I just realized MoS was 2 hours 23 minutes. Now I see why Snyder edited out more than half an hour of material.

Well played Mr. Snyder, well played indeed.

joker.gif

I have to agree with what was said earlier about showing Superman helping more people. The movie could have used a couple more shots of him doing just that.

The part that irked me out was when he saved the soldier falling from the helicopter and stops to ask if he's ok, but then he doesn't go and try to keep the helicopter from crashing which had one or two other people inside (if I remember correctly).

I noticed that myself. Seemed a bit of a WTF moment. I mean that was almost certain death for the remaining occupants of the chopper. Sheer luck that the main soldier dude survived. Why didn't Superman help there, it was obviously crashing.

I just realized MoS was 2 hours 23 minutes. Now I see why Snyder edited out more than half an hour of material.

Well played Mr. Snyder, well played indeed.

And my butt didn't feel one bit numbed...

Exactly the same happened with Django.

I wanted it to keep going forever...

tumblr_mf1ddpZlHm1rwt0uq.gif

And my butt didn't feel one bit numbed...

Exactly the same happened with Django.

I wanted it to keep going forever...

tumblr_mf1ddpZlHm1rwt0uq.gif

I would have been all good with a 3 hour version as well, but he trimmed it to exactly the same length as the original Superman. Nice homage.

Never allow a homage to affect the quality of a movie.

Same could be said of an Imax camera.

Good advice, I shall never allow a homage to affect the quality of an Imax camera in my presence. :lecture

Never allow a homage to affect the quality of a movie.

Same could be said of an Imax camera.

I think it was more the movie being close to that length, so they decided to do it rather than the whole movie being designed to fit that length...

But yeah, those Imax issues with TDKR were kinda distracting.

Back