Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

I would agree. I'm looking forward to an update and hoping it lives up to the sentiment of that trailer.

I agree with everyone that the Jor El voiceover version seems to fit the content better. I really like the feel being conveyed but I'm not all that impressed by the end just seeing him fly up. I need to see that scene with him breaking apart the building and need to really be wowed, this is Superman he should be doing far more impressive stuff then any other on screen hero.
I think it was appropriate for this trailer.

We see him homeless or whatever, living a human life, etc...

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

It's like he's finally embracing who he really is..finally breaking away......flying up, breaking the barrier, embracing the superman...

Man, that poster really, really bugs me. It's too dark and will only remind people of Superman Returns. I'd think the shield needs to be of different material than the rest of the suit, perhaps losing the pattern - but they should at least show the colors. In the trailer the suit looks much brighter than the images we've seen. I did an adjustment which I think helps...

MoS_adj.jpg

I like the poster a lot but agree it's odd the colours are so muted, especially the yellow, which is pretty much non-existent!

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

It's like he's finally embracing who he really is..finally breaking away......flying up, breaking the barrier, embracing the superman...

That's a nice interpretation of it, and yeah that's the feeling I get from it too

Well talks i have heard from comic con is that its an origin-like movie where Clark battles with the idea of acceptance of his kind on Earth. Seems like a great cast also.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/

I was saying that in reference to those who want to make this as close as possible and hang on to the theme, etc. It's awesome, the themes awesome, but it ain't this film and we need to move on and get something new.

This is true. The Donner Supes flicks, I count 1 and 2 with the Donner cut, are absolute genius but they were a while ago and a new Supes is probably overdue. I'm interested to see where they are gonna go with this one. It has Zod so I am a happy man.

productimage-picture-kneel-for-general-zod-a2-screenprint-961.jpg

Edit; whoa checked the IMDB from AMAZEN - it's got Chris Meloni too? That's cool, love him in L&O - now if we can just get a part for Munch and the circle will be complete!

law-order-svu148.jpg

This is true. The Donner Supes flicks, I count 1 and 2 with the Donner cut, are absolute genius but they were a while ago and a new Supes is probably overdue. I'm interested to see where they are gonna go with this one. It has Zod so I am a happy man.

Edit; whoa checked the IMDB from AMAZEN - it's got Chris Meloni too? That's cool, love him in L&O - now if we can just get a part for Munch and the circle will be complete!

law-order-svu148.jpg

Meloni can make a million movies hes always going to be Keller to me.

law-order-svu148.jpg

I saw that as soon as i went back and checked the rest of the cast out, Meloni's a bad ass on TrueBlood.... dont judge me my fiance makes me watch it!

We got to see a few more minutes of footage at Con and I thought it looked great. I liked this kind of darker approach it was taking with the character - which may or may not have anything to do with Nolan producing it. But I dug it and will definitely see it. I've not loved all of Snyder's movies - but I have seen them all and I do appreciate his artistic vision when it comes to film making.

I saw that as soon as i went back and checked the rest of the cast out, Meloni's a bad ass on TrueBlood.... dont judge me my fiance makes me watch it!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:

And Im really glad Lex Luthor isn't in this... for some reason i hate that character, Maybe its because i still haven't seen the right person act out that character

Picture12.png

I've not loved all of Snyder's movies - but I have seen them all and I do appreciate his artistic vision when it comes to film making.

:goodpost: Loved the Dawn of the Dead remake and 300 but wtf was Sucker Punch?

Spoiler Spoiler:

:gah::gah: Now there is no need for me to watch!

:goodpost: Loved the Dawn of the Dead remake and 300 but wtf was Sucker Punch?

:gah::gah: Now there is no need for me to watch!

Yeah...Sucker Punch was a head scratcher...but visually it was rather stunning.

I'm sorry about that. :( I thought you were up to date...I'll put it in spoilers. My bad. :monkey2

Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree with you Jen. My fiance said the same thing, she loved him in Oz and still on L&O.

Last edited:
Back