Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Williams score cheesy? Probably the best theme music ever written for a movie.

I also realized it was Gandalf's death music in the teaser and it did not work at all. Love that music but not for Superman. Bad choice.

I wasn't impressed with the trailer or the trailer music, but then again it is just a trailer.:dunno

Holy crap I finally got to see this trailer:panic: It was sooo good. A very artsy trailer with great narration. Although the end bit would've been left out. Felt like they needed to remind people this was a trailer for Superman:slap

Holy crap I finally got to see this trailer:panic: It was sooo good. A very artsy trailer with great narration. Although the end bit would've been left out. Felt like they needed to remind people this was a trailer for Superman:slap

Remove him flying then the trailer would be a dud. :lol

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Reminded me too much of...
[ame]https://youtu.be/HkaeOJTK2g8[/ame]

Singer actually did it first in SUPERMAN RETURNS, incidentally.

During the plane/shuttle scene, but that shot's completely different. For MoS, have Supes flying horizontal and it's near identical. Even his posture is the same, head up, arms back instead of forward.

During the plane/shuttle scene, but that shot's completely different. For MoS, have Supes flying horizontal and it's near identical. Even his posture is the same, head up, arms back instead of forward.

It seems as though they are using his arms to propel the speed. In the trailer his arms are back when he's cruising and when he breaks the sound barrier you see them go forward.

You just can't wait to fillet anything Zack Snyder does, :lol

And I don't know why you think it's trying to be deep? :dunno It's just a TEASER that's sole purpose is to create mainstream awareness for the film which is still nearly a year out. And Nolan & Zack both agreed that since it was debuting with TDKR that it strike a similar tone, which is essentially, "This isn't what you've seen before." For crissakes they even used the same fonts and type style as the TDK films and INCEPTION. That's not a coincidence.

No, not at all Irish. Yes, I completely ripped on Sucker Punch because I believed it deserved it. I say it as I see it. I thought Snyder did a wonderful job with 300, I loved what he did tonally with Watchmen, even though some of it was flawed in it's execution. I was even actually impressed with some of his DOTD remake. But Sucker Punch was so mis-directed that it showed the fallibility in the approach he takes to his work. He made his own style, a cliche with one movie.

Now he seems, understandably, to want to move away from what he is known for. And I'm not sure he has it in him. I thought some of the teaser imagery was pretty cheesy. And it looks very like his commercial work, which I largely hate. Old school pop promo techniques and cheesy imagery. Maybe it plays better to an american audience, and I'm referring to the cultural differences in movie goers. when I saw it with TDKR yesterday some people laughed. I would much rather have seen something more relevant to the actual movie.

I have seen a lot of the behind the scenes material, I've seen Zod, Crowe etc, as I presume you have Irish, I actually have a close work affiliation with Snyder myself.
And I still have hope that the movie could be worthwhile. I really do.

But I still think the butterfly in the chain is as cheesy as ____.
:lol

Butterfly_On_A_Chain.jpg

Last edited:

People need to get over the 78 Supes. It was good, it's now nostalgic, it's time for an update on every front.

:yess::exactly: and i still think people are dogging the trailer because they reject anything thats unfamiliar, let it go fellas, Batman Begins has ushered in a new era for how these stories are told. Is it gonna be any good? your guess is as good as mine, but im super excited for a new Sup!

I agree with Woff. It's time for an update. But just that the JW theme could and should still be used IMO. (at least for opening credits etc.)It's just perfect! But i don't wanna drag on that cause it's not happening.

Otherwise i think it was the perfect tease.

if you haven't seen it heres the trailer guys!

[ame]https://youtu.be/mt_elTPzxL4[/ame]

take out the amazing performance of Heath Ledger as the Joker in TDK, Voorhees, tell me what good is left of that too long,redundent,boring crime drama saga?

I agree with everyone that the Jor El voiceover version seems to fit the content better. I really like the feel being conveyed but I'm not all that impressed by the end just seeing him fly up. I need to see that scene with him breaking apart the building and need to really be wowed, this is Superman he should be doing far more impressive stuff then any other on screen hero.

But it sounds like they are on the right track, I always felt that if you take the first half of the original Superman and combined it with the second half of Superman 2 for a more challenging fight, you'd have a solid flick. Seems like thats basically what they have in mind.

Back