Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

So if they had cast say, Shia Labeouf or Don Cheadle that would have been fine with you?

Superman has a certain look, and this guy doesn't have it... end of story.

M.

LOL at you comparing this guy to Shia La whatever.

In YOUR OPINION he doesn't have the look. No end of story about it.

I think he has the look in spades.

LOL at you comparing this guy to Shia La whatever.

In YOUR OPINION he doesn't have the look. No end of story about it.

I think he has the look in spades.

I am not comparing the two... i'm saying, you claim he technically has no specific look and that anyone could play him... i am just saying not everyone looks the part.

Cavill doesn't, Shia doesn't and Cheadle doesn't... well maybe back when he was younger. :p

M.

No I do think he has a specific look, broadly speaking
- well built
- between 6ft and 6'2
- Dark haired
- Square jawed

I think Cavill checks all those boxes but the key will be how he moves and acts in character, can't wait to see

... end of story.

csb1.jpg

Superman does have an iconic look he needs to uphold, I agree with that. But I honestly think the hair is what's ruining the look at the moment. That, and the fact that for some reason you seem to think he wants to rape you.

:lol But isn't Nick Fury in the movie based on The Ultimate Nick Fury? Which was based on Samuel L. Jackson? :lol

Yep, they were drawing Fury as Jackson years before Iron Man was filmed, it made getting him to do the cameo the best easter egg ever.

I think it looks great, too many people are rooted in what THEY think Superman should look like. I for one wanted the suit to be a little lighter in color but I think this works.

I heard this was pushed back from Summer of '12 to Winter of '12?

That stinks, I was really looking forward to this coming out next summer.

We KNOW what Superman should look like, he has been around for 50 years.
If they are making something else fine, but that is not Superman IMO.
No problems with Cavill, but he looks all wrong in that pic and the outfit is tacky, classless and completely inappropriate for the character.

I hope to be proven wrong with further pics. But this just reinforces my fear that Snyder is completely wrong for this and was a desperate last choice for Warners before they lost the rights.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by how he looks. I was expecting a total fail. Sure they modernized it a bit, but it's a lot closer to the comic "design-wise" than the Returns one was. :huh

Anyone notice that the S-Shield is using the 40s design?

A desperate attempt by Snyder to placate fan boys. But sorry Zack, building the suit out of textured plastic/rubber (again!) pretty much undoes that. It looks junvenile.

I want a classic and iconic look for Supes, he is not like other superhero properties.
:(

Cavill doesn't have the Superman look? Man, I don't know what pics of Cavill you have seen but the ones of him recently walking in the steet with the white shirt and dress pants was a Clark Kent if I have ever seen one. Talk, dark hair, well built..He just didn't have the glasses. He definitely looks like a "Superman/Clark Kent". Doesn't look like Chris Reeves, which Routh did almost exactly, but I don't want another Chris Reeves. Cavill certainly has the look that he could be a "Superman". No doubt about it!

True dat.

Classic 40's Comic Book look. It works for me.

I liked Routh, but i felt the entire movie was more of an homage to Chris Reeve than an actual new take on Superman. Felt like they wasted a chance to do something a little different with Superman. Thats what I am hoping for with Cavill and Snyder's approach this time. Just a different feel to it. Something we haven't seen before.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

I'm ready for my Superman 300, there.....I said it.

THIS....IS....KRYPTON!!! :lol

My favorite quote so far:

There you have it. Henry Cavill as Superman. What spectacular hair he has! Warner Bros. has released the first still from Zack Snyder’s The Man of Steel and it showcases a comic book hero whose arch rival is vaults.

:lol

So the red briefs are gone but now weve got Supes sporting a Grease hair do?
Im buying stock in Spalding,theyre really branching out.

Back