Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel/Nolan's Superman

Of course he is going to say he wants to come back he isn't a giant ****** who would cut himself off at the knees in terms of job. Unfortunately the reality is that WB is looking elsewhere to give audiences a fresh take removed from any of the two franchises so his chances are slim to none.

Which is kind of a bummer,
since honestly I think he did a great job...
Whomever they choose will be compared to Reeve and even Routh... I just hope they find somebody that has both looks, body-build and charm...

Breaking News:

Christopher Nolan’s Short List of Potential Superman Directors Revealed

Posted on Thursday, September 23rd, 2010
Drips and drabs of information about Christopher Nolan’s Superman film have been leaking out for months now. While the David Goyer-scripted film has always sounded intriguing, today we got an even better idea of what direction Nolan is going in when news broke of the five directors that were on Nolan’s short list to potentially direct the film.

Hit the jump to see the list of who’s being considered to bring the man of steel to life on the big screen again.

Deadline’s scoopmaster Mike Fleming broke the news, and according to him, the directors currently being looked at are:

Tony Scott (Unstoppable, The Taking of Pelham 123)
Matt Reeves (Let Me In, Cloverfield)
Jonathan Liebesman (Battle: Los Angeles, Clash of the Titans 2 [upcoming])
Duncan Jones (Moon, Source Code)
Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen, Sucker Punch)
Noticeably missing from this list? Jonathan Nolan, who had been rumored for quite some time to be in the running for the director’s chair.

Nolan has already started meeting with directors and will submit his choice to Warner Brothers in the next few weeks. However, Fleming points out that “everal of these directors have movie commitments like Liebesman, which make then unlikely.”

For the most part, I think these are interesting choices. My preferences are probably greatest for Jones and Reeves, both of whom I still think of as directors with great indie sensibilities (despite Cloverfield’s blockbuster status). With Moon, Jones proved he could be extraordinarily resourceful with his budget while still delivering some amazing visuals, not to mention a fascinating sci-fi story. Reeves’ Cloverfield was novel and breathtaking, and I’ve heard great things about Let Me In. Likewise, I think Zach Snyder has already shown he has a knack for handling superhero films with great action sequences and thematic heft.

The one person who I don’t think should be chosen under any circumstances is Tony Scott. He hasn’t made a good film in years and his hyper-stylized directing would almost surely make S
Superman’s next film foray into something regrettable and mediocre.

I am not feeling any of them :(

Why cant Nolan take this on himself after Batman 3, i can wait :(

Tony Scott would prolly star Denzel Washington as Superman.

Zack would be a good choice if he doesn't go overboard with the slowmotion stuff.

Duncan Jones did great with Moon. He would prolly get my choice.

Moon is without a doubt the best film of all those listed so Jones would get my vote based soley on that.

Is he not too inexperienced to take this on though, moon was his debut :dunno

Tony Scott would prolly star Denzel Washington as Superman.

Zack would be a good choice if he doesn't go overboard with the slowmotion stuff.

Duncan Jones did great with Moon. He would prolly get my choice.

:lol:lol:lol

Very interesting list. All those directors definitely have a similar visual style. And I hate to agree that as much as I enjoy a good Tony Scott movie (and I think he's a great visual director, despite some crappy script choices), he would be wrong for Superman.

Duncan Jones gets my vote. The others just seem a little too hardcore and testosterone-y. Jones has a sensitivity that I think the Superman film will need. I know a lot of guys out there want to see a Supes that kicks all kinds of a**, but I personally don't see the character that way. I see him more as someone who only resorts to using his super strength directly against another being as a last resort. You know, he's just a big ol' softie that would just as soon stop a fight with words instead of with his brawn.

Last edited:

The Directors List is corny, The only one i like is Zach Snyder. If Snyder does direct it, im excited for it.

Zack Snyder??? why does people want this guy? all we have seeing from him are slow motion stuff in every movie including the one that is coming that look great! the only normal movie was Watchmen and he missed big time an not because i am a fan of the comic, i rather give this project to an unknown,....

Synder can stay true to a comic as we saw with Watchmen, sure his directing style isn't everyone's cup of tea but with him you'd still get something that looks true to the books depending on what storyline Nolan goes with and the mix he chooses.

From the list though I hope it goes to Duncan Jones because Moon was fantastic and that visually would be awesome with a Superman film.

Knowing Hollywood and leaks though I'd hedge that someone who isn't on this list completely nabs the directing role

Ohh...I wanna be the director!

"Now Lois...this is the scene where you undress in my trailer"

I still would love to see Supes in the Fleischer stylization like what Kerry Conran did with Sky Captain.

If they gave this more time we might have actually seen that. X-Men: First Class is supposedly done during the 60s in Silver Age styling, if that movie is a success then I see that being a whole new niche in comic movies being positioned during various times instead all being done in modern times. If X:FC was a smash I could see them going to the Fleischer well.

Back