Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel/Nolan's Superman

For the Casting i will go with an unknown and the looks similar to Mr. Reeve!

Another rumor to add to the mill:

Rumor: WB Wants Chris Columbus to Direct Superman?
Posted on Thursday, July 8th, 2010 by Russ Fischer

Briefly: Another slow-ish news day, another rumor. The rumor du jour is that, while David Goyer is interested in directing the new Superman film being assembled over at Warner Bros., the studio has someone else in mind. Reportedly, WB’s idea for the best Superman director is Chris Columbus.

The report comes from the Superman homepage, and I really hope it is fabricated, exaggerated, or in some way wrong. Columbus has his strengths, or had them as a writer. But I can’t muster up much love for either the first two Harry Potter films, and while Percy Jackson had high points, it also never turned into anything very memorable.

Columbus could turn in a movie that hits all the story points, but I don’t have faith that he could deliver one that really flies. Besides, with Christopher Nolan overseeing the movie, can you really see him giving the nod to Columbus? I can’t.

In the absence of official word to confirm or deny, what do you think about the idea of a Chris Columbus Superman?

As long as they don't get anyone to look like any actors that played Superman before. I grew up on Chris Reeve Superman, that should be left alone. We don't need another Bryan Singer like Superman where he tries to imitate Donner. We need a new face and totaly new direction, maybe someone that is actually muscular like Superman really is. I'm tired of the regular looking Superman, true he doesn't need to be big and muscular, but he is suppose to be intimidating.

We need a new face and totaly new direction, maybe someone that is actually muscular like Superman really is. I'm tired of the regular looking Superman, true he doesn't need to be big and muscular, but he is suppose to be intimidating.

I agree that the person needs to be muscular, but I don't want them big like Vin Diesel. Just someone that is more the size of Gerard Butler in 300.

Someone the size of Butler would be fine. Superman doesn't get his strength from the size his muscles.

Someone the size of Butler would be fine. Superman doesn't get his strength from the size his muscles.

it has to be a clone of Chris Reeve!!...seriously i know that probably is not a good idea but i prefer to see cast an unknown that look like Christopher Reeve, and for Lois go get the best looking actress in Hollywood or an unknown

I think Columbus would capture the "feel" of Supes but i'm afraid he would dumb it down too much and make it too much like a kids movie

I think Routh did a fine job as Supes IMO... if only they would've added Rashida Jones as Lois... she has the looks and the charm for the character.

As for Chris Colombus directing... I hope not...

I recently read that Nolan wants to keep the hero world's seperate, no mention of other heroes in the movies? Why?

I think Marvel has a great thing going right now with all the cameos of other heroes in each movie building up to the Avengers movie.

DC seems to have a difficult time getting it together in my opinon.

Someone the size of Superman would be fine. Butler doesn't get his strength from the size his muscles.

it has to be a clone of Chris Reeve!!...seriously i know that probably is not a good idea but i prefer to see cast an unknown that look like Christopher Reeve, and for Lois go get the best looking actress in Hollywood or an unknown

They already tried to cast someone like Reeve. Damn movie became Superman part 5, 20 years later. We need new face, new build, updated costume without the red underoos. New villians that can go toe to toe with Supes in a fight.

The problem with Superman Returns was the same problem with Predators. It tries and fails to imitate the original but comes off as a disingenuous ripoff.

I think i'm the only person in the entire world that does not see the Predator ripoff.

They're in a jungle, and being hunted. That's the only thing that's the same in the plot.

I think Predators was better than Superman Returns to be honest lol
And im a Huge Superman Fan, Predators was good, but anyway,
I Hope whoever directs superman really has a passion for the project and puts 110% into it.

Back