Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel/Nolan's Superman

I recently read that Nolan wants to keep the hero world's seperate, no mention of other heroes in the movies? Why?

I think Marvel has a great thing going right now with all the cameos of other heroes in each movie building up to the Avengers movie.

DC seems to have a difficult time getting it together in my opinon.

Superman just would not fit into the world Nolan has created for Batman, so I think he has made the right choice.

To be honest some people don't like the idea of Thor living in the same world as Downey jr's Iron Man.

I can't believe this has been posted already:

Superman’ Casting Rumors Heat Up

Following a straight-up denial that Chris Columbus was in the running to direct the next Superman movie comes new rumors of another director and a potential star. The folks at Geek Tyrant claim through their sources that Zachary Levi (Chuck) has auditioned for the part of Superman while Jonathan Nolan (aka Christopher Nolan’s brother) is said to be the film’s “unofficial” director as of right now.

Naturally when it comes to rumors like this we should all take it with a giant grain of salt. That said, it’s not hard to imagine the studio going after someone like Levi, who brings a mix of clumsy cuteness and fit action star to his role in Chuck, and could easily do the same for Superman. Meanwhile “the other Nolan” hasn’t directed a film yet, and so it’d be a pretty big deal if Warner Bros. put this blockbuster in his hands. However, if brother Christopher is around to help mentor him and lead the way, perhaps the studio will go for it so they can sell it as “from the team who brought you The Dark Knight.”

What do you think about both Levi and Nolan?

I can't believe this has been posted already:

Well I did mention that I wanted Jonathan Nolan, but I had no idea about Zachary Levi. At first I thought really? However I have looked at pictures of him with short hair and I think he could really look the part.
He might have to bulk up a bit.

Chuck might not be a bad pick, bulk him up a bit. Would be a funny one seeing that Routh is on that show as well.

They can bring on Yvonne Strahovski as Lois, :drool

He'd definitely have to bulk but I could get deal with Chuck as Superman

Zachary-Levi-geeky-sexy.jpg

zachary_levi1.jpg

I would have never pegged Zach as Superman, but I could get on board with the idea.

I haven't seen him in anything else besides Chuck. He's always hidding behind someone else on that show. If this is true. Only time will tell.

Superman just would not fit into the world Nolan has created for Batman, so I think he has made the right choice.

To be honest some people don't like the idea of Thor living in the same world as Downey jr's Iron Man.

I guess since I didn't care for Nolan's Batman, my opinoin is a bit skewed. I see what you are saying but I think it would have been a lot more fun to mention other DC heroes in the movies. I like the way Marvel is doing it, seperate movies of each character, building up to the Avengers movie (which we will have to wait and see if it is worth it) but for now, I am excited about it and I am a huge DC fan over Marvel.

Originally I remember that DC wanted Nolan to include other heroes but in their civilian looks that way he still kept his realism and he still said no

After seeing Inception, I feel safe that Superman is in the hands of a awesome movie maker, but it's such a shame he is not directing. I really hope Jonathan Nolan gets to direct it. That way it's more likely we will see Christopher Nolan's stamp on this movie.

And if anybody thinks Nolan can't direct an Action scene, then you have not seen Inception yet.

Will there ever be a remote possibility of doing a combined DC Universe existence, like how they are doing it in Marvel's movies? :(

It's a fan-boy's dream to see a live-action Justice League movie with the actors of the recent DC Comics movies (Bale's Batman, Routh's Superman, Reynold's GL)..

Will there ever be a remote possibility of doing a combined DC Universe existence, like how they are doing it in Marvel's movies? :(

It's a fan-boy's dream to see a live-action Justice League movie with the actors of the recent DC Comics movies (Bale's Batman, Routh's Superman, Reynold's GL)..

Yea look at how the Avengers is shaping up now. Captain America isn't going to be patriotic, they couldn't get Norton back for Hulk. Iron Man will inevitabbly be tarnished in my eyes for being a part of all this.

No thanks. DC should keep on doing what theyre doing.

No thanks. DC should keep on doing what theyre doing.

I agree. Keeping out the other characters helps the movie stay pure, focused and self-contained as a piece of cinema.

Don't know if it's been posted before and too lazy to check but here's a rumor I've just read on the SupermanHomepage.

As I've said before, I hate Nolan since TDK and his fear that he ruins another of my favorite heroes, but if that rumor is true, I could live with that script:

The editor of ComicBookMovie.com claims to have seen a quick glimpse of story notes for the up-coming Superman movie, tentatively titled "Superman: The Man of Steel".

Now, I have seen a quick glimpse of the Superman Reboot story in NOTE FORM and can tell you that the Metropolis Police Department are featured heavily in the story trying to overcome the rising gang Intergang who are funded by Lex Luthor and do his "dirty business". "Clark Kent" is not Superman until about 1/3 of the movie has passed and this exclusive news "rejuvinates" the failing Daily Planet reputation and also springboards the career of Lois Lane.
I know that Brainiac comes to Earth about half way through the movie but didn't see the page of why he comes to earth as my co-worker was hogging the pages. Brainiac does cause some damage on Earth and interacts and takes over technology and stuff like that. He also kills a key person in the Superman mythology but I won't reveal who but it isn't Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen or Perry White.

Characters like Detectives Dan Turpin and Maggie Sawyer are featured heavily in the story along with Commisioner Henderson.

Read the complete article at ComicBookMovie.com.
Remember, this is an unconfirmed rumor. Many do expect Warner Bros. to make announcements about this movie and other comic book superhero films at this coming weekend's San Diego Comic-Con.

That seems to follow a bit of what we saw with Superman: Secret Origin where the Daily Planet is about to shut down and Lex has others doing his dirty work, etc.

Sure he does. Chuck tv show is going to be canned and he will need a job.

Back