Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel/Nolan's Superman

If they did it Fleischer style, I could see Jon Hamm play Superman.
If they do it modern style, I hope someone comes up with a new design direction on the suit, he needs to lose the red undies, this is the fricking 21st century!

If they did it Fleischer style, I could see Jon Hamm play Superman.
If they do it modern style, I hope someone comes up with a new design direction on the suit, he needs to lose the red undies, this is the fricking 21st century!

:gah: You cant get rid of the red undies thats iconic not an old fashioned design

If Apokolips is involved, I want Snyder. Otherwise, I dunno. :dunno

Visually it'd be cool but not sure about it overall...

Darren Aronofsky’s Name Reportedly Added to ‘Superman’ Director ShortlistPosted on Monday, September 27th, 2010

Who will direct Superman? That’s one of the big, burning questions at Warner Bros. right now as Christopher Nolan works to oversee the development of a new film. There’s a shortlist of sorts floating around that includes names such as Tony Scott, Matt Reeves, Duncan Jones, Zack Snyder and Jonathan Liebesman. Some of those directors have already said that the list was news to them, so don’t take any of it as gospel.

Still, add Darren Aronofsky to the rumor list, as he’s reportedly been talking to Mr. Nolan about the film.

The LA Times has sources that say Nolan and Aronofsky have been in discussions about the film. That’s all the info there is. But with Black Swan close to opening in the US and riding a wave of critical adoration after a couple of film fest appearances, this is a good time for Darren Aronofsky to book a big-ticket film if he wants one.

I’m not sure I want to see him do one, and this in particular seems like an unusual fit. Yes, the idea of him directing a Batman film was wildly intriguing. Superman is a totally different thing, however. Batman, OK. The Robocop remake, OK. (That one remains stalled because of MGM’s troubles.) Those are both projects for which Aronofsky’s sensibilities seem well-suited.

Superman has to be a brighter, more optimistic film, especially in the wake of Bryan Singer’s version. If Darren Aronofsky is looking to change gears and work well outside of his usual mode, I have no doubt that he has the skill to pull it off. The idea of him directing Wolverine seemed odd; this is even more out of left field.

^ So you ditch Robocop, for Superman....:(

( I know he went off and did Black Swan...but still. I'd rather have him do Robocop if anything.)

by Silas Lesnick
Sep 28th, 2010
The Black Swan star may be headed to Metropolis
natalie-portman-lois.jpg
Natalie Portman may be Warner Brothers' number one choice for the part of Lois Lane in the upcoming Superman reboot, reports Moviehole.
The site reports that Portman was in the running for the part as far back as Superman Returns and that the recently rumored addition of Black Swan director Darren Aronofsky to the alleged studio short list may be a sign that negotiations for the part are back on the table.
The project, written by David Goyer and Jonathan Nolan, is to be "godfathered" by Batman Begins and The Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan. The recent "short list" is also said to include Duncan Jones (Moon, Source Code), Jonathan Liebesman (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, Battle: Los Angeles and just-signed for Clash of the Titans 2), Matt Reeves (Cloverfield, Let Me In), Tony Scott (True Romance, Unstoppable), and Zack Snyder (Watchmen, 300).
The first ever actress to play Lois Lane was Rolly Bester, who voiced the character on the 1940's radio adaptation. Subsequently, the part has been played by over a dozen actresses in a variety of media. Margot Kidder famously played the part in four Superman films with Kate Bosworth assuming the role for 2006's Superman Returns. Currently, Erica Durance portrays the character on the television series, "Smallville."

There is no choice until a Superman is cast in this movie.....

Unless they already have someone in mind.

WB always have actors in mind but they're always turned out to be know stars, until the director is chosen and decide to go with an unknown actor as always...........hope to see something before the end of the year! at least the director and the starting date for the pre-production :wave

It's one thing when someone like Chris Evans goes from Johnny Storm, part of an ensemble, to the lead in CA. Or Ryan Reynolds in a minor role as Deadpool to the lead in GL.

So I don't think she would do it since she's essentially the same archetype in Thor--i.e. hero's girlfriend/damsel in distress. If she was offered a role as a lead heroine like WW, then maybe yes. But you guys are right. Probably nothing will come of this.

by SuperHeroHype
Oct 4th, 2010
Zack Snyder (Watchmen, 300) has been officially confirmed as the director of the upcoming Superman reboot, reports Heat Vision.

Snyder's name recently appeared as a rumored candidate for the position and one of several directors on the Warner Bros. short list. Snyder himself revealed in 2008 that he was originally in line to direct Superman Returns, but that he was not interested in taking the job.

"They asked me to direct a Superman movie, and I said no," was Snyder's response more than two years ago, "He's a tricky one nowadays, isn't he? He's the king daddy of all comic-book heroes, but I'm just not sure how you sell that kind of earnestness to a sophisticated audience anymore."

Whether it is Snyder's view of the project or the new tone itself that has changed remains to be seen, but what is known is that the film will move forward with a script from David Goyer and Jonathan Nolan. Christopher Nolan will "godfather" the production, aiming for a late 2012 release.

YES! Zack Snyder is amazing. One of my favorite directors working today. He'll do something amazing.

*waits for the ____ty slowmo jokes to roll in*

Slow-Mo >>>> Hand Held shakyness.

Surely knowing the relationship WB have with Nolan he must have played a heavy part in giving Snyder the green light?

My point being if it's good enough for Nolan it's good enough for me

Snyder is the new Tobe Hooper

YES! Zack Snyder is amazing. One of my favorite directors working today. He'll do something amazing.

*waits for the ____ty slowmo jokes to roll in*

Slow-Mo >>>> Hand Held shakyness.

It'll be interesting to see how slow mo and "faster than a speeding bullet" combine. Does that make Superman normal?

I heard about this earlier from Mike Fleming @ DHD who broke the story...

Zach is a nice Guy and a talented director but he lacks seasoning, character dimesion in his direction because he's still a relatively young Director as opposed to say Richard Donner who had about 100 gigs under his belt between TV and Film -- having said that, with Chris looking over his shoulder I'm sure WB felt comfortable with their decision. Zach would NOT have been my first choice.

Back