Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aside from a few specific ideas and basic story elements, TDK & TDKR were written almost entirely by the Nolans.

I have no idea why Goyer is allowed to be such a preferred hanger-on.

In the screenplay book, the three of them basically say that Catwoman was Jonathan's and Bane, Goyer's.

I speculated that Bane was a Goyer creation with that Talia stuff and the LoS crap in general. I'd really like to know that one because I hate that dynamic of the story, especially after the Joker (I'd love to know who wrote him).

If Luthor is next, I hope who ever gets their hands on him does something really special.

Were you being serious with this post or joking? The only reason I'm unsure is because I can't tell if you're making an Alfred crack with the "I promised her parents I would take care of her.":lol

Wut.

It really really does. It's so simple, and would fix about half of the issues I had with this movie.

The soldier and scientist on that plane had their heroics diminished by having Lois onboard.

I made them heroes again. :yess:

That sucks.

It was your idea for Lois to rescue Perry. :lol

Harsh. I rather liked jye's efforts. Indeed he shows heart in that little piece that I don't think Goyer is capable of.

That dialog really needs work, though. :horror:lol

:duff

:hi5:

MpuJF.gif

Goyer is a hack, jye is a much better writer. All Goyer knows is "hope" and non-linear flashback sequences to tell origins.

I knew you would come around. :lol

Goyer is a hack, jye is a much better writer. All Goyer knows is "hope" and non-linear flashback sequences to tell origins.

I also bet the microwave emitter, clean energy bomb, terraforming device, and the genetic codex running through Superman's bloodstream were all his ideas.

Not sure if joking....

Nolan is capable of heart. I think Snyder needs some work in that department. I don't think he's incapable, but he needs to take a step back, and look at certain things. He made the film, but I'm not going to throw him under the bus .

And it would help if he had something better to work with.

Goyer wrote the script, which is fantastic, and Snyder knew how to translate that script to actual touching moments, every single flashback is nothing but gold, there's no ground to say that Snyder can't handle heart IMO, not only on this movie, but in other movies under his wing.

Why on earth faora wants Lois too all of sudden?
Is there a glance between kal and lois at that moment that makes faora tick?

My memory is not very good about this point too, why the black zéro is released from the phantom zone, does the getway gets destroyed ou just disfuntional from krypton ´s shockwaves?

For me the best part of MOS was the fact that they didn't rehash all the growing up stuff on Kansas. Flashing back to the highlights was cool. It also kind if reminded me of old Kung-fu episodes.

This movie for the most part is holding up pretty well for forum standards were there will always be a very vocal discourse about it.

So it comes down to these 4 "problems"

1. DNA mumbo jumbo plot too convoluted
2. Pa Kent Tornado death
3. Lois in every major scene
4. Destruction not addressed making Superman less heroic

IM3 had 8.

1.The Mandarin swap
2. Rhodey underutilized
3. Stark not in his costume
4. Forced PTSD
5. End battle no emotion and convoluted
6. PP hero
7. Stark's removal of chest reactor
8. No Avengers 2 connection for a Phase 2 movie

I think MOS is holding up pretty well.

I believe TDKR ended up with like 1,500 seperate problems. :lol

Last edited:
#3 is not an issue or problem at all for people who understand & appreciate the history of the Lois Lane character.

A much bigger nit than any of those is the CG tentacles stuff. Just too over-the-top and cartoony. I've always hated that.

And, for the record, I'd not only run back toward a tornado to save my dog... I'd save him before some people. :lol My main beef with that sequence is that they left the dog in the car in the first place. That's what makes it contrived, not that he'd go back.

Back