Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mary had a little redheaded lamb....

WHAT??? No one told Lois to follow Clark into that glacier, no one told her to be in Smallville when Zod arrives, and no one told Lois to be on that plane before the Kryptonians were sucked back into the phantom zone. Those were her choices. She was looking for trouble. I still want to know how she made it to the train station so fast after Supes killed Zod.

Those were not her choices, those were what felt like very forced insertions into the plot.

Truth: had Supes journeyed to the moon, Lois would have been there waiting for him, or would have arrived within five minutes wearing a spacesuit and jetpack. Everywhere that Superman went, that lamb was sure to follow!

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

And on the subject of tropes.

How come I see people criticize the likes of Pepper Potts, Mary Jane, Rachel etc. needing to be saved, but then when it happens in this, it's all fine? For weeks I've heard *****ing about Pepper Potts, for years I've heard the same old crap about Mary Jane.

Then it falls back on what the character does, what the classic stories have.

Well, don't all those classic stories have Lois Lane being completely oblivious to the fact that Clark Kent is Superman? That is Lane's "thing" isn't it? The best reporter in the world and she can't even tell that the guy sitting right in front of her is Superman. This movie doesn't even leave that idea open, they completely demolish it and have Lois and everyone and their mother (and that's not expression, it's true) about how special Clark is.

Now you might say, "well, that's silly, this is a realistic, film take of Superman, she'd know who he was instantly". But being in every scene with Superman every step of the way and being saved in every scene isn't silly? I just don't get it. A couple of times is fine, I've stated that but it's literally every scene. It's the same beats, it the same situations, just different locations and dangers.

How come it's okay for somethings and they get a free pass, but we'll all rip others for doing the same exact thing? Makes no sense to me.

A couple of times is fine you say. it literally happened only 3 times, so, a couple + 1, and 2 of them were unavoidable, so no, it's not silly.

Personally I've never criticised Potts in IM3, I think she was ok, not my cup of tea but she was indeed a little bad ***, also I don't criticise the looks of a character from comic to movie (Unless is really ****ed up like Deadpool in XOW), but minor details in appearance don't bug me, like someone said to me once: "If they can make Nick Fury Black, then everything can happen". :lol

Last edited:
Haha I agree I am of the same opinion of you. The destruction in both movies doesn't bother me because preventing was not an option in both films. The hero or protagonist did would ever they could to minimize the damage in both movies. Moreover they risked their lives to save a nation that doesn't even trust them or fully appreciate their help

:exactly::exactly:

The first initial attack, it's perfectly fine to have all that death. But after they blow up the ship, and everyone goes to the phantom zone, it's completely inexcusable.

I'd heard they were don't this and thought it sounded like the usual dumb variant idea. But upon seeing now I think it's kinda neat...

DC Collectibles' SDCC Exclusive 14" MAN OF STEEL Statue, What if Kal-El had joined Zod to build a new Krypton on Earth?:

DC_Collectibles_SDCC_Man_of_Steel_Variant_Statue.jpg

The base makes it, IMHO. But the suit looks pretty cool, too, and it's a decent sculpt.

The first initial attack, it's perfectly fine to have all that death. But after they blow up the ship, and everyone goes to the phantom zone, it's completely inexcusable.

It's really very much excusable, Zod went crazy and just cut the building in half with his heat vision, punched Supes through 5 buildings etc etc.

Or what do you mean by inexcusable? That somehow Supes bears some responsibility?

Lois should've never been in that plane.

Here is my one scene that would've added heart to the destruction (thanks to DiFabio for part of this):

Jenny should've been killed by Faora or rubble.

During evacuation of generic city, Perry decides to turn his car around to go retrieve Jenny's body for a proper burial, her parents would want nothing less.

He gets trapped in rubble.

Lois rescues him (after Superman destroys big iron spider) even after he suspended her and called to scold her over Superman news.

They both go to retrieve Jenny's body.

They split off and Lois walks into the train station so that Superman can cry on her belly.

Perry locates dead Jenny but can't lift the rubble off her dead body.

In walks Superman and Lois.

Superman lifts the rubble, and says "sorry for your loss, we all have lost today"

Superman goes to lift Jenny but Perry stops him.

Perry says to Superman, "No, please, I promised her parents I would take care of her."

Lois grabs Superman's hands, looks into his eyes and says "Super....Kal-el, there are others who still need you, please bring them hope."

Superman flys away.

It's really very much excusable, Zod went crazy and just cut the building in half with his heat vision, punched Supes through 5 buildings etc etc.

Or what do you mean by inexcusable? That somehow Supes bears some responsibility?

That the script should've never called for a one on one punch fest in the middle of a populated city.

It just boils down to that. Respectively.

Here is my one scene that would've added heart to the destruction (thanks to DiFabio for part of this):

During evacuation of generic city, Perry decides to turn his car around to go retrieve Jenny's body for a proper burial, her parents would want nothing less.

Lois rescues him even after he suspended her and called to scold her over Superman news.

They split off and Lois walks into the train station so that Superman can cry on her belly.

Superman lifts the rubble, and says "sorry for your loss, we all have lost someone today"

Perry says to Superman, "No, please, I promised her parents I would take care of her."

Lois grabs his hands, looks into his eyes and says "Super....Kal-el, there are others who still need you, please bring them hope."

Superman flys away.

FFUUUU Why didn't you write this ****ing movie Jye? WHY THE ****.

And i'm serious. That's not me being funny. That was great. ****ing great.

Lois rescues him (after Superman destroys big iron spider) even after he suspended her and called to scold her over Superman news.

Superman lifts the rubble, and says "sorry for your loss, we all have lost today"

Lois grabs Superman's hands, looks into his eyes and says "Super....Kal-el, there are others who still need you, please bring them hope."

Superman flys away.

Were you being serious with this post or joking? The only reason I'm unsure is because I can't tell if you're making an Alfred crack with the "I promised her parents I would take care of her.":lol

I don't think Perry and Jenny were that close in this movie, I really don't see reason to kill Jenny, but I do like the idea of Supes lifting rumble to help people, maybe giving some empathy words to the people who lost someone like you put it there, "we all lost someone today" I liked that.

FFUUUU Why didn't you write this ****ing movie Jye? WHY THE ****.

And i'm serious. That's not me being funny. That was great. ****ing great.

Thank CP.

I got emotional writing it. :slap :lol

I like that it kills many birds with one rubble.

It touches upon his hope symbol conversation with Lois.

It decreases Lois being in every dangerous situation.

It gives Jenny a purpose.

It makes Perry a hero by giving him something important to do and parallels a "father" figure for Jenny in da big city.

It gives Lois heart.

AND last but not least, it gives voice and attention to the destruction in just 3 minutes time.

Back