MAN OF STEEL: General ZOD 1/6 Icon Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yah she is gorgeous!!!! Great Statue and nice display!!! Ive been holding out waiting for HTs to announce her, but i might just have to get this :)

Doooooo eeeettttttttt She is less than half the price of what the HT one will end up being.

Perhaps one reason I identify with her so much is that I too sport a sizable.... profile. I'd like to get it worked on, but my husband shouts no every time. So I was extra puzzled when he complained about her strong facial features. its not like he doesn't see those every day, right here at the house.

User, where did you get the lighting system for your detolf? That doesn't come with the cabinet, does it? I may pick one of those up in the near future, and inquiring minds want to know.

User, where did you get the lighting system for your detolf? That doesn't come with the cabinet, does it? I may pick one of those up in the near future, and inquiring minds want to know.

It doesn't come with the cabinet but is perfect.
It's "Dioder" by Ikea. Each set comes with four strip lights, four lengths of cable(I'd say about 6ft of it per strip), and a transformer that they all plug into.
It's meant to be used one set per detolf, but i go all out and fit two sets(8 strips per detolf, 2 per shelf), all wired through the base(A hole needs to be drilled), and cable tied to the rear metal frame, running down the back to the hole in the base.
In my far left detolf, Jake Sully stands on the top shelf(I re-sized the shelves so he would have plenty of headroom, and a shelf below him for Hulk), but with it changed to three shelves, i have it lit "3/3/2" to use up all eight lights.
I also use a remote control wall socket to power them all, so i can just turn them all on via remote.
Here are some pics, and a couple of vids of how i run the wiring:

Where the cables exit on the bottom:

IMG_4477.jpg

All the strips needed for the 3 detolfs i built last thursday:

detolflighting.jpg

All built:

detolfs2.jpg

And filled up(mostly):

detolfs3.jpg

And a couple of vids:

The system working via remote control:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuKXs4fs4mo[/ame]

And how the wiring is done:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M3gz936C68[/ame]

Doooooo eeeettttttttt She is less than half the price of what the HT one will end up being.

Perhaps one reason I identify with her so much is that I too sport a sizable.... profile. I'd like to get it worked on, but my husband shouts no every time. So I was extra puzzled when he complained about her strong facial features. its not like he doesn't see those every day, right here at the house.

I know, i think she, Zod, and Jor-El are definitely worth the price. I wasn't as happy with Superman, but it would be cool to have them all together as a set.

Faora was amazing in the movie. Probably my favorite character in the film. The actress that plays her is gorgeous. She was just perfect as Faora. :)

I really like the Play Arts figures, Faora looks amazing. But again Superman looks a bit strange. I picked up the TDK Triliogy Play Arts and i was incredibly impressed. So I hope the MoS line is really great.

WBshop has the exclusive version on sale for $77.97
https://www.wbshop.com/product/man+of+steel+krypton+zod+statue+smdcdstat16.do
use coupon code WBAFSAVE10 to save $10

got mine for $79.04 shipped

Just be aware its the variant version in the krypton armor, not the earth armor he wore for most of the movie. Also I younger face, no goatee. Still an awesome statue for an amazing price. I may pick this up to display with my koto man of steel superman.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

^^Just ordered mine....$67.95. Thanks for the $10 off coupon code + free shipping for anything over $50 on the site! Can't beat that deal for a 13.5" Statue.

I know I hate the paint app on the face already based on what I've seen in others pictures so I may see if I can get it touched up or maybe do it myself. For a $70 statue, it feels like the perfect chance to try touch up painting. If I screw it up I didn't break the bank on the statue.

Does anyone have a pic of this statue side by side with the HT figure? Trying to see if the head sculpt will work for a neutral Zod.

Decided to sell mine...The whole set! Briefly displayed in detolf. Not on evilbay yet lol. PM me if interested guys! Will sell separate also!

Back