Statue Mamegyorai---1/3 scale ALIEN Quadrilogy Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I do end up ordering this and they do a crap paint job I will be very angry.

Yeah, this is one other reason I'm apprehensive about ordering this. I have no idea what to expect from this company in terms of production pieces. Clearly they have brought in the right people to create this thing, but producing it in numbers is an entirely different story. And simply sending it back isn't an option for me, it'd cost an absolute fortune from here...

Have Mamegyorai even produced something even remotely this complex before?

I absolutely love every single aspect of this piece, but 3k + shipping + customs fees + currency conversion to Canadian dollars really kills my ability to hit the preorder/buy button...sigh...

Important info guys....

It turns out that ALL Prime 1 Alien & Predators (Movie & Comic) will be 1/4 scale sadly. So those of you (like me) waiting to see what P1 can offer may wish to stop waiting as it seems this will be the best 1/3 Big chap any time soon. I still think this is ludicrously expensive, but if I can mange to afford it, I'll be getting this as the centerpiece to my Alien collection...

I was hoping for 1:3 scale as well from Prime 1, for the movie versions at least.

Is this company still making statues from the entire quadrilogy? Or will it be Big Chap only?

I will be too. But I'll just send it back.

Can you do that with Sideshow?

I thought you were unable to return pre-ordered items unless they were damaged or had a bad fault.
Please correct me if i'm wrong ;)

ALIEN

Ok, so what’s the word in this company? Are we confident that they will deliver a quality product? Or will I be playing statue roulette with a click of the mouse?

I’m hovering over the preorder button...

Can you do that with Sideshow?

I thought you were unable to return pre-ordered items unless they were damaged or had a bad fault.
Please correct me if i'm wrong ;)

ALIEN

Yes you can if it's within 30 days and of course has all the packaging and is in like-new condition. You just have to pay for the shipping back which they deduct from your refund.

Yes you can if it's within 30 days and of course has all the packaging and is in like-new condition. You just have to pay for the shipping back which they deduct from your refund.

Sorry, been away.
Good to know, thanks!

DtYJaYrVsAIxL6w.jpg
DtaksfyVAAAM7gy.jpg
QQ图片20181202210741.jpg
QQ图片20181202210747.jpg
QQ图片20181202210750.jpg

Excellent pics!

That incredibly obvious seam in the tail just below the knees is terrible. I understand the seams on this piece were intended to represent the exact seams in the costume however that was obviously done for shipping. Man, I really wish they did something else about that like cast the tail as one piece or even put that seem higher behind the hands.

*There’s more images on Instagram of this piece head on that show how terrible the seam looks from the front. Your images somewhat hide it at 3/4 view.

I suspect this may be the production piece as the images on Sideshow’s site do not have that seam. That’s very bothersome to me. What a terrible decision to cut the tail in that spot!

For $2k+ they couldn’t cast the tail on one piece!? Man, I’m kinda pissed! 😠

I agree Xeno! Overall it looks really good, but not at that price. I'll just stick to my Marmit 25th Anniversary statue.

It's truly beautiful! But I do agree regarding some of the seams. They could hide some of the nastier ones such as the one on the tail.

Back